Fisana

- - - - -

Caapi caapi caapi

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_unclefester_*

Guest_unclefester_*

Posted 21 March 2005 - 04:04 PM

Thanks yall, especially funkyone. Any other satisfied customers who want to plug a vendor?

Also,

If you're making ayahuasca would be better off with virdis instead of mimosa...

Huh? Why's that? I thought mimosa was way stronger.

#22 I_am_me

I_am_me

Odderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 04:17 PM

Mimosa has tannins in it and makes for much more nausea. A lot of people report the brew very hard to get down.

Typically ayahuasca is made with cappi/virdis usually. Mimosa is used for extracting dmt to a freebase to smoke.

#23 Guest_unclefester_*

Guest_unclefester_*

Posted 21 March 2005 - 10:12 PM

Mimosa is used for extracting dmt to a freebase to smoke.

Hmm now that sounds interesting, is it effective? Do you have to have a lotta fancy lab equipment to make something worth smoking?

#24 I_am_me

I_am_me

Odderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 10:37 PM

http://mycotopia.net...read.php?t=2600

There is a great extraction tek, everything you need you can get at hardware stores and pool supply stores. Although smoking dmt is a very different beast than ayahuasca. Really if you follow the extraction tek, the first 3 steps are pretty much how you can make ayahuasca. Although many others do the extractions in a crockpot and use other types of acidified water such as lemon juice, vinegar, etc.

Smoking dmt is like a 10 minute flash while ayahuasca is a 3-6 hours spiritual journey.

#25 I_am_me

I_am_me

Odderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 10:39 PM

By the way, while the dmt extraction is fairly simple, realize you are using strong acids and bases. Combine the two in your drain and thats a bad bad situation. Read up on the chemicals and how to be safe with them, lye water can burn your hands bad. Strong bases are just as damaging as strong acids.

Ventilation, eye protection and good gloves you can work in all help a lot.

#26 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 07:45 AM

"Smoking dmt is like a 10 minute flash while ayahuasca is a 3-6 hours spiritual journey."

Aya is obviously way better than smoking which sounds like a waste of good dmt.

#27 Guest_unclefester_*

Guest_unclefester_*

Posted 22 March 2005 - 08:27 AM

hot damn, I thought the process was heaps more complex. how clean is the extraction? I mean, I've used similar chemicals, proceedures, and equipment in chemistry, but all the chems were lab supply, not pool supply lol

and phalanx- a dmt flash isn't a waste, it's just brief

#28 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 08:57 AM

blowout sale on Chacruna. A kilo's $100.

that IS a good price,
i'd grab one
if i didn't already have one...

#29 Guest_thafunkyone_*

Guest_thafunkyone_*

Posted 22 March 2005 - 10:55 AM

DMT is good...:) The extraction is very clean if you go through recrystallization. Check it out.

#30 I_am_me

I_am_me

Odderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 11:08 AM

"Smoking dmt is like a 10 minute flash while ayahuasca is a 3-6 hours spiritual journey."

Aya is obviously way better than smoking which sounds like a waste of good dmt.

I thought you said you have never even smoked it?

Pretty silly to make a statement like that without ever experiencing it.

They are two different experiences all together.

#31 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 11:28 AM

Pretty silly to make a statement like that without ever experiencing it.

that's a bit harsh, imo.
i've never been shot in the head
but am quite sure i wouldn't enjoy it.
perhaps that word 'silly' should be exchanged
for 'rash' or 'short-sighted',
a bit less offensive.
folks generally don't respond well to
the 'silly' word.

besides,
all things considered
it's not all that 'silly' in my mind
to think that
an experience that last hours
is naturally going to be more
influential/profound/life-altering
than an experience of just a few minutes [at best].
not much time for the contemplation needed
to really digest the vision.
and never have i heard that
smoking DMT produces the
medicinal effects of ayahuasa,
another reason why some might
think it not so silly at all.

#32 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 06:21 PM

I never smoked dmt but I would probably try it if someone gave it to me ready to smoke. I wouldn't be bothered doing a big complicated extraction myself. I suppose if you just want to get high and avoid having to drink yucky brews and nausea then it is ok. From what I have read, a smoked dmt trip doesn't seem to have much to offer in terms of spirituality or insight, and is very short. That is why it seems wasteful compared to aya which is easier and safer to make, and lasts much longer.

#33 I_am_me

I_am_me

Odderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 01:08 PM

I guess I meant short sighted, hope I didn't offend you.

The being shot in the head analogy isn't quit applicable here but I'm not going to try and argue my point, it'll just get lost.

I just don't see it as helpful to dismiss the experience from smoking dmt when one has never tried it.

As I've heard many people state, smoking and taking ayahuasca are two very different things. Also maybe everyone isn't looking for a 4 hour long spiritual healing session but rather the effects of smoking dmt? Its hard to judge a drug by your own goals and apply it to other people.

#34 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 01:27 PM

I_am_me, no sweat. Anyway, I thought you had tried neither?:)

Has anyone here actually tried both? (at least several times for each, getting strong decent trips)

#35 I_am_me

I_am_me

Odderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 01:35 PM

I haven't tried either and I'm not going to judge any of them until I do.

;)

#36 Guest_dgshroom_*

Guest_dgshroom_*

Posted 23 March 2005 - 04:21 PM

I recently ordered a batch of B. Caapi from Maya and after it was shipped, Maurice contacted me and said that the shipment he sent is reportedly inferior in quality, and that he would be reshipping a better product when it becomes available. Another example of outstanding customer service. I now have 250 grams of B. Caapi and I'm not sure whether I should toss it away or create a brew with it. I don't want to waste my chacruna leaves with it, so is there any value to drinking the Caapi by itself which by all accounts is known to be inferior?

Any consideration would be appreciated.

Edited addition: I want to make it clear that my comment above was not sarcastic, in case it was interpreted that way. I truly meant "outstanding customer service"! It never ceases to amaze me the levels of integrity and commitment to which the vendors listed on this site reach. It leaves us able to shop in total confidence in a world somewhat shrouded in secrecy and mystery. Thank you Maurice.

#37 rocketman

rocketman

Mycotopiate

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,602 posts

Donator

Posted 23 March 2005 - 07:55 PM

i dont think it would hurt to try it, id say he got alot of complaints on that batch so hes making it right....sounds like a great vendor to me. If he didnt say it was dangerous or anything id go for it. Im not an expert tho, maybe hip, roo, or some others may give u an expert opinion.

#38 I_am_me

I_am_me

Odderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 10:43 PM

Maybe you could try it out by upping the dose?

#39 Guest_thafunkyone_*

Guest_thafunkyone_*

Posted 24 March 2005 - 12:53 AM

I've smoked a good bit of DMT..no brew as of yet. Don't knock smokin til you've tried it. Neat stuff

#40 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 07:17 AM

If Maurice thinks the stuff is bad enough to send you a free replacement, then brewing it up is probably a waste of time.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!