• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kjeeks

kjeeks

stranger with candy

• Expired Member
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 09:34 AM

I wanted to try some popcorn so i went digging in Gmas cupboard. I found this 10 year old plus popcorn and decided to give it a try. after simmering to soft but not burst i drained, loaded and pc 12 pint jars. After pc ing they had about a 16 of a inch of water in the bottom so i decided to open them all drain and re pc for a hour. It has been about 12 days since innoc and growth has been super slow only showing up in the cracks of the burst popcorn. i included a pic of a 1/2 pint of wbs that was innoced with the same clone slurry about a week before the popcorn jars. Im curious if the slow growth is because of my screwing up the tech or because of the really old popcorn ?

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0042.JPG
  • IMG_0040.JPG
  • IMG_0037.JPG
  • IMG_0034.JPG
  • IMG_0031.JPG
  • IMG_0032.JPG

#2 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 09:48 AM

hard to speculate with any degree of certainty with so little data
but at ten years the pcorn may have lost a great deal of its' nutes.
what's your lid set-up ?
i ask as the pcorn looks dry.

your wbs appears to possibly have bacteria, wet spot , in that bare area.
  • Earthling likes this

#3 kjeeks

kjeeks

stranger with candy

• Expired Member
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 10:49 AM

My lid setup is as follows Crappy postal tyvek layer then lid rubber side up with two holes mabe 1/16 - 1/4 inch big with pollyfill stuff.

Im thinking the popcorn is dry because of my screw up that required the second pc run i always pc 75 - 90 minutes first time. but because I only opened the jars to drain I pc ed them 60 mins my second run on the popcorn. They have been incubated same conditions as the wbs jars around 72 78 degrees.

As far as wet spot on the wbs. I knew those jars were slightly mushy when i made them because of laziness and i usually pay more attention to the water content. I'v had very mushy jars colonize fully with no problems before. so i didnt worry about it too much. I couldnt find very much information around here on wet spot. I know its a bacteria that is hard to kill. out of mabe 80 jars i have only had one that I suspected contams. It had two grey spots underneath the innoc holes on top of a fully colonized wbs cake. I tossed it.

Ops just found the link on wet spot nevermind
The wbs got a 24 hour soak and a 90 min pc run i think they will fully colonize that is the seams of my 2 innocs coming together i will watch them closely tho.

Thanks
KG

#4 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 January 2008 - 01:45 PM

those rhizos look nice!:eusa_clap

#5 kjeeks

kjeeks

stranger with candy

• Expired Member
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 03:15 PM

those rhizos look nice!:eusa_clap

Hey thanks man they are from my first clone, lets hope they fruit as nicely as they colonize.:loveeyes:

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!