103 replies to this topic

#41 tregar

tregar

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,043 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:47 PM

Shown gassing "previously dried" xylene containing mescaline freebase with a handheld ghetto gasser.

Attached Thumbnails

• fumehood4.jpg

#42 tregar

tregar

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,043 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:53 PM

ATTEMPT 2:

This time I put 1.10 gram of dirty beige/brown mescaline into 125 ML of dry mek and heated it up to 185 degrees, then I added 1mL of distilled water, then I let it boil for 1 to 2 minutes, then I turned off the hotplate and let it slowly cool on its own down to 179 degrees...then I let it cool to room temp, then put the flask in the freezer.

The process cleaned the heck out of the mescaline hcl.

I think that so long as you get your mek/water solution boiling real good (185 degrees) to the point that you see bubbling in the flask, that it's somehow cleaning the mescaline even if you don't get it to "re-crystallize" crash out in the freezer.

Perhaps the process actually DID work, but the crystals crashed out of the solution right after the boiling...I did observe thousands of teeny tiney white crystals like dots precipitating out of the hot solution with excited energy over and over and over as it cooled from 179 degrees down to room temp.

I started with 1.10 grams of beige mescaline added to the 125 mL of dry MEK with 1mL water added when it started boiling at 185 degrees F, and ended up with 0.92 grams of very white mescaline! Super-fine like baby powder, you can even rub a pinch into your skin and it will disappear.

Here's a pic of the dirty beige mescaline, and the leftover MEK, you can see the leftover MEK started out crystal clear, but turned off color due to picking up the impurities.

So, I'm very happy, that whatever happened, returned me some very clean mescaline.

I only lost about 20 mg of mescaline during the cleaning.

THIS IS THE 1.10 grams of mescaline BEFORE the re-crystallization/cleaning:

Attached Thumbnails

• after4.jpg
  • before.jpg

#43 tregar

tregar

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,043 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:55 PM

1) And here is the 0.92 grams of mescaline AFTER:

2) Here is another picture of it.

3) and another picture of it on the scale--the scale reads 0.92 grams.

For those of you that are curious, this snow-white stuff has NO SMELL. It is not hazelnut smelling at all, but odorless.

When you look at it with light shining on it, you can see the crystalline nature of the tiny dust sized crystals--they reflect the light back off them and sparkle--definately crystalline, quite amazing.

I am absolutely amazed !!!:love:

Attached Thumbnails

• After.jpg
  • after2.jpg
  • after3.jpg

#44 Caljet666

Caljet666

Dumbass

• Expired Member
  • 368 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 12:16 PM

This is an awesome thread. Best thread swim has seen on recrystallization swim has seen here for sure.

Drying the mek and adding water whilst the mesc is in there is the best way to go. Being lazy however, when swim is using mek to clean crystals he uses it, as is, before drying. He adds just enough to dissolve the crystals at room temp. He then boils it until crystals form at the edges on the top, same as Tregar. The reason he can do this is because mek contains water as an azeotrope and this water dissolves the crystals. The water/mek azeotrope boils off at a lower temp than the mek itself.

Also, when swim is going for crystal size (which is better for purity) he heats a thermos flask with hot ethanol and dries it while it is still hot and puts the mek/crystals solution in there. He seals it and leaves it in the cupboard for a few days. He then puts it in the fridge for a few and then the freezer for maybe a week. The thermos helps for a much slower cool down rate and allows for the crystals to grow much larger.

Nice work Tregar and keep up the nice work.

#45 vinz

vinz

mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 01:08 PM

thank you for this tregar! that is beautiful mesc..
great thread :bow:

archive material

#46 tregar

tregar

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,043 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:51 PM

Excellent advice Caljet666, I'm been reading your threads since I can remember here, and your old threads served as inspiration to continue researching this topic along with me!'s old work, the original pioneer on this subject. And yes, the slower you cool your solution down, the bigger the crystals, the thermos is a great idea for slow cooling, I've read of this before, and I bet it works terrific! Thanks so much Caljet666 for you input and ideas, much appreciated! You've got my brain ticking again.

Thanks Vinz, great tek you created there a while back, keep up the good work.

This is all a work in progress, and hopefully others will able to contribute in the future and we can further progress.

P.S. Stop the stirring every so often (especially when adding drops of water) so you can easily better gauge when the solution goes from "cloudy" to "clear" looking...you can stop the stirring for 20 to 30 seconds so you can better gauge the appearance of the solution, no boiling stones needed so long as you have a stir bar in the solution and you don't stop the stirring for more than 40 seconds or so.

Go to Wikipedia and read the chemistry article on "re-crystallization" with diagrams and it's possible to learn quite a bit about 1 and 2 solvent re-crystallization, how it works, etc.

It's a good idea to also take the mescaline hcl you filter out of the MEK/water solution and rinse it with ice cold anahydrous (dry) acetone. Just dry your acetone the same way I described in the beginning of this thread (same way you dry mek). After you rinse it with cold dry acetone, then let it dry and add the dry crystals to a minimal amount of hot boiling water, pour the water into a pyrex brownie dish, then put it under a fan, evaporate off the water, and scrape up your clean crystals. This water evaporation serves to drive off any residual solvent fumes, etc. from the crystals. Cleans it all up really nice. This is always my last step.

#47 Caljet666

Caljet666

Dumbass

• Expired Member
  • 368 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 07:58 AM

This is all a work in progress, and hopefully others will able to contribute in the future and we can further progress.

Hell yeah. Thats what swim loves about these kind of forums. Johnny law had made this sort of information really hard to get in the past but thanks to the advent of the internet information is not only free and at your fingertips, but always evolving as well.

Swims gonna light up a dooby in honor to this thought and all the cool people here.

Now look what ya done Tregar... You've gone and made swim all warm and fuzzy on the inside lol.

#48 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:05 AM

archive material
:bow:

#49 antimatt3r

antimatt3r

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:20 AM

yes rock on

#50 tregar

tregar

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,043 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:00 PM

Thanks Hippie3 and antimatt3r.

A few random quotes to encourage further reading:

From page 26 of "Trout's Notes on San Pedro & related Trichocereus species" by Keeper of the Trout & friends:

The experience is a beautiful and fairly controllable one and lacking the overwhelming distortions and ego-death potentially encountered with a strong dose of LSD. I personally do not know anyone who has had a bad time with true mescaline unless it was mixed with large amounts of alcohol.

From page 102 of "Pharmacotheon" by Jonathan Ott:

It is also difficult to ingest San Pedro or other Trichocereus species. Besides being bitter, San Pedro has a strange consistency of "sandy jelly." The bitterness is unavoidable, since one must ingest enough cactus flesh to contain at least a half a gram of mescaline, an intensely bitter substance, which is accompanied in the cactus by many other bitter alkaloids. However romantic it seems, this "organic" means of ingesting mescaline is in my opinion strictly for the masochists and penitents. Many novice user succumb to the fate of William James, viz. they become so sickened by the taste of the drug that they cannot stomach enough to know the delights of a visionary dose of mescaline.

From page 508 of "The Encyclopedia of Psychoactive Plants" by Christian Ratsch:

I have carried out experiments with varying dosages of Trichocereus pachanoi powder. With 1 g, I did not experience any effects. Two to 4 g produced a mild stimulation that persisted for approximately six to eight hours. This amount functions as a true tonic and restorative. I have also experimented with this dosage in the high mountains, where I noticed a distinct improvement in performance. If a person eats something during the time in which the effects are felt, the effects will increase as digestion begins.

With amounts of 5 to 6 g, empathogenic sensations appear alongside of the tonic qualities. Ten grams of the powder are unequivocally psychedelic, although few hallucinations occur. The psychedelic effects manifest more in the emotional domain. Very profound psychedelic effects an be achieved by taking some 50 ug of LSD with 10 g of San Pedro powder (cf. ergot alkaloids).

In conclusion, I have to agree that the restorative tonic qualities of 60 to 160mg of mescaline hcl (very low dose) are very unique and welcome, lasting some 6 to 8 hours just as Ratsch states.

#51 anthonee

anthonee

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:37 PM

tregar thanks for all the informative posts you've made! It is because of your posts that has intrigued me so much about Mescaline.
You say the mescaline experience is a great one, and SWIM is going to be trying an extraction very very soon.

Just wanted to say thanks once again!

#52 hairry

hairry

almost a harvester

• Expired Member
  • 69 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 08:51 PM

Beautiful.....this thread has made swim rethink chem extractions.

My question is...since purity seems to be as important to your friend as it is to swim.....did you do a dry" run to see if said chemicals truely evap cleanly or are you just figuring since people do brown then your white must be better?

^sorry if that sounds stupid but chems make me nervous and your powder makes me "excited.......:headbang:

thanks
hairry

#53 tregar

tregar

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,043 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 February 2008 - 11:06 PM

Hi hairry. You should commended for taking purity seriously when dealing with chemicals & extracts.

Great question. I have nothing against brown mescaline, it's just I and my friend both had a batch of brown mescaline several years ago that made us both have a very hard time (my 1st extraction), this has also been reported by my friend entheogen23 (his first extraction also). We all had a very bad time from it, to the point where we never touched it again for 3 years it was that bad--not mentally as in trip wise, but it had physical side effects that were quite unpleasant. We sat in a bathtub praying for it to end--we felt as if we had food poisoning--along with spasms in the thigh muscles, unpleasant effects in the head such as confusion and just wanting it to end as soon as possible--and this was just from 80mg of the stuff (both of us took the same amount) All 3 of us found that when we cleaned our dark brown mescaline with acetone, that it turned a light tan color, when we tripped again (some dozen times) on the tan mescaline, then all was fine. The tan to white stuff is remarkable in quality and free of unpleasant physical side effects. To do this day we still don't know what it is about the brown mescaline...all I know is that we will never take it again. It may have had chemical residue of some kind -- those are my first thoughts. Xylene may have been the culprit. Xylene does mix with water and when you throw in a bunch of cactus without and end cleaning step (with acetone and water evaporation)...you can get strange product.

Mescaline is not brown. Mescaline is a clear crystaline substance. Finely ground, it appears paper white. If your stuff is not clear crystal or paper white, it is not pure mescaline. Only God can answer the question as to why mescaline is clear/white and not brown, as He created the stuff.

Trichocerus alkaloids of any sort cannot be washed away with cold dry acetone.

For 3 whole years I never touched mescaline again, thinking that it was mescaline that was responsible for my ill trip, when all along it was because I had not cleaned my product. I think it's great that there is a cleaning step at the end of waylitjim's tek...unfortunatley foaf's tek (which I followed) lacks the end cleaning step, but badly needs one...It wasn't until 3 years later that I took the brown mescaline I had and cleaned it following the acetone cleaning step with cotton balls/funnel/hot water at the end of waylitjim's tek (thanks waylitjim and Ekstaza) that I turned the crap I had into pure gold.

I have also accidentaly sampled xylene contaminated mescaline twice (in 60mg doses)...this was from product direct from the gassing which WAS NOT CLEANED with acetone--the stuff also smelled liked xylene or "dirty socks" and when touched to the tongue caused it to burn slightly. This was because I did not clean the product from the post gassing with acetone at least 3 times. I also did not do a water evaporation on it. (Put the actone cleaned mescaline in a dish with a minimal amount of boiling hot water and evaporate off the water under a fan--then scrape up clean stuff when dry). It is no fun at all--it causes confusion in the head, headache, muscle weakness, etc...so always make sure your mescaline gives off no chemical smell and does not taste of xylene. To me, cleaning is the most important part of the process, and that's why I take it so seriously.

Everyone I know appreciates tan mescaline however, no problems to speak of...So long as you follow foaf's tek or waylitjim's tek and clean your product with acetone and a water evaporation in the end, the product turns out fine. Another way to get there is via re-crystallization but it takes more work. Re-crystallization is an important step in Chemistry and there are whole chapters on it--I recommend the book "The organic chem lab survival manual" by James w. Zubrick, there is a very readable practicle explanantion of it how it works/what it does with pics.

However, many others do just fine with brown mescaline....

#54 hairry

hairry

almost a harvester

• Expired Member
  • 69 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 11:48 PM

Thanks for your response....

Purity should be important to anyone messing with chemical extracts imho...

Peyote has always interested swim a lot but the alkaloid wasn't even know to be mescaline.Now it is though and thanks to this place and your threads it is in swims near future..

Have you ever had the everclear extract?,And if so how would you compare it?

You see......swim isn't a fan of body "buzzes".....but loves a head buzz.

Has a package coming from BBB and is looking forward to a nice "trip

Would you say skip trying the alchi extract and just do it or is the alchi extract good to?

To many ?s.....I know....but swim is cautious and you seem to know your sh*t

Thanks
hairry

P.S. If swim was only interested in making 5-6 doses how much cactus would he need?(has 3 kilos coming)And if it were dried and ground how long could he store it and what would be the best way?

#55 tregar

tregar

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,043 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 March 2008 - 12:52 AM

I've soaked the cactus in everclear then drank it, and it rocked my world...at least it did the 1st two times I tried it, after that I just started to get sick and/or stomach queeziness...that's when I went back to extract. It's worth a try, very very nice. Highly recommended at least once. I drank it as liquid form though (the poured off everclear solution) not the tarry extract (tar balls, etc.). Sip it very slowly, not fast. I would check the search engine here for info on the tarry extract from alcohol or everclear extracts, there's quite a bit here.

The cactus will store forever (outlive us humans) in the dried form, I wouldn't grind it up until you were ready to use it though, otherwise if it's allready ground, just vaccum pack it away using a foodsaver. It's impossible to judge dose, depends on quality of cactus. 20 to 30 grams of good cactus is a great beginning dose.

#56 tregar

tregar

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,043 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 March 2008 - 12:49 AM

Before I leave this thread, I have one more important thing to say:

I discovered a sedating alkaloid in tricho. macrogonus that composes some 20 to 25% of the alkaloidal makeup of the cactus, with mescaline composing some 75 to 80% of the alkaloidal makeup.

Why is this important?

The question I have is this: How does the traditional acid/base extraction differ from gassing? Does gassing pull out extra alkaloids that the traditional tek does not? Or do they both pull out the same alkaloids?

I think it's very possible that gassing is capturing all of the available alkaloids from the cactus from the largest to the tiniest alkaloids, leaving nothing behind. My friend and I had an amazing time off just 200mg of full-spectrum gassed alkaloid product many months ago. A couple hour laughing fit erupted while watching two comedy movies, very enjoyable experience, it definately had the same feel of cactus tea I've had in the past, even though I've only taken low doses of cactus tea many years ago. As we all know, laughter is great medicine. All in all, a very well-rounded potent whole experience--best mescaline trip to date for both of us, and all from a relatively low dose.

I have seperated out the 20 to 25% sedating alkaloids via filtering the post-gassed product thru a #103 (2.5 micron filter disc). The mescaline stays on top the filter "stays with its own", and the other mostly sedating alkaloids (very tiny) fall thru the filter and collect back in the xylene in your collection jar. To get the other alkaloids out, extract them by adding boiling hot water to the re-collected xylene in a sep funnel to pull them out, then add them back to your pile of real mescaline (on top the filter) to experience the full-spectrum alkaloidal cactus experience. I'm not going to go into detail here, but refer to the gassing thread to learn more. Easier yet, just take your post-gassed xylene, add boiling hot water (1/2 cup) in a sep funnel with it, then let out the water and it will contain the full-spectrum of cactus alkaloids (ie traditional water collection).

Checkout these comments from users past who compare cactus tea (or imho a gassed product that captures all the alkaloids) to "pure" mescaline hcl (gotten via the traditional acid/base teks ie waylitjim's and foaf's tek):

Owen (2004):

Interesting! I wonder if most "good" experiences with pedro syrup have resulted from *****'s product. My friend's friend reports that his syrup trips felt more "earthy" and there was a considerable amount of tired-warmness at the peak - almost as if waking up from a 10,000 year nap. He has never experienced that "waking up from a 10,000 year nap" with pure mesc hcl. Same goes with the feeling of universality of the experience, and of letting go of the body. He claims that pure mesc is more of a mind trip, whereas the syrup from *****'s product appears as a whole "experience". He has never vomitted. It is good to hear your experience Me! (although I'm also sorry to hear about it... ugh!) - if only to know that severe reactions (to drinking cactus tea ie stomach issues) are possible and do happen sad.gif

Also, I believe that the synergistic alkaloids might not carry over into nonpolar (toluene, xylene), or might perhaps be destroyed by high pH. This is just a hunch.

I believe this because that crap that the acetone washes off is *not* the magic difference between pedro tea and pure mesc hcl smile.gif My friend's friend knows this from trying both the acetone-purified and the raw brown mesc hcl. The raw brown mesc hcl does not have the same "dried pedro" magic. As for purifying the end product, Me! is absolutely right in that my friend reports the purified stuff is somewhat easier on the stomach... might as well minimize the crap we put into our bodies.

Edited to add: This has been found with peyote as well. Ex

Free Spirit (2004):

no doubt...

this has been what has troubled me about extracting mescaline since i have done pure a few times now...

its good.. i enjoy it... but the syrup was godly... much more "connected" spiritual... maybe being plugged in after a 10000 year solace.. but it just plain sucked as far as downing it.. and the puking thereafter...

but as i said.. i puke regardless.. ima try dramamine and axid and pepto together next time.. i can accept throwing up as part of the price to pay for a good experience... as long as its a good one...

it would be nice to know what exactly the key substance(s) were/are and how to isolate them out. i would sacrifice a small stake from every extraction on JUST those alkaloids and give up the mescaline for that part...

then i could start playing around with what ratios are needed, although i suspect not many of these secondary modifiers are needed..

i know a few people who have made syrup from san pedros that they have grown themselves... only person i can think of is maverick at the moment, but he enjoyed the syrup over the pure crystals as well...

Why the sedation with the stimulation? We could study opium to help maybe understand why nature does what it does:
Peter Lee (The book "Opium Culture" 2006):

The concept of natural balance and harmony in full-spectrum herbs is based on the Great Principle of Yin and Yang, whereby nature complements every element or energy on earth related to yin with an equal measure of yang, thereby maintaining equilibrium, In opium, for example, the two primary effects are sedative, which by virtue of its soft, passive, calming influence belongs to yin, and stimulant, which has the activating, energizing, alert nature of yang.

By way of scientific confirmation, modern laboratory analysis has proved what traditional Chinese herbalist and alchemists have known for centuries: that opium is endowed by nature with an equal proportion of both yin and yang activity, and that therefore whole opium, when used properly and in moderation, produces a balanced blend of physical effects that in turn gives rise to a sense of perfect equilibrium in body and mind. Thus it has been shown by modern science that opium contains three major alkaloids endowed with mainly soporific effects--morphine, codeine, and narceine--and three that possess primarily stimulant properties--thebaine, papaverine, and narcotine--providing a six-piece symphony of alkaloidal yin and yang that plays a harmonious alchemical tune in the smoker's system, neither too sedating nor too exciting, not too slow and not too fast, but always achieving just the right balance.

#57 slaphappyjacko

slaphappyjacko

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:53 PM

I have not read all of this thread (I spend 20hrs a week in chem classes and lab, and I just can't read any more chem stuff) so forgive me if this is repeated info. Also, If you have tried my suggestion and found that it doesn't work, forgive me.

Recrystallization:

As always KISS

Basic rules of purification\recrystallization:

-Yield and purity are inversely proportionate. If one is going for pure product, don't ignore yield, but remember that it is not your priority.

-Crystal structure (size and brag-worthiness) is generally directly related to the amount of time spent recrystallizing. You get powdery crystals when they quickly fall out of solution, and big wedding ring quality crystals from slow evaporation.

-As stated repeatedly, you want a solvent in which your product readily dissolves at high temperatures, but is virtually insoluble in at lower temps.

I have never preformed a recrystallization on mescaline, but I have done it many times with other compounds.

If I were to perform a recrystallization of this compound, and I was just trying to make the prettiest crystals possible I would do the following:

materials:

-Cleaned product (Off white to stained green. The cleaner the better. The material should be crystalline (powdery) though, rather than gooey.)

-DI or distilled water. Just a few ml. (FYI, they are not quite the same thing. Also, both types of water become acidic (pH 5.5-6) from reacting with CO2 in the air. This reaction happens before you ever see the water, so there is no way around it.)

-evap dish (I prefer evaporating dishes (over petri, crystallizing, or kitchen). Because of their shape, your product will collect centrally instead of spreading over a flat surface. This only really matters if one's goal is trying to make fancy crystals. You can get by w/out one.)

-container to boil water (I prefer a glass beaker)

-Pipette (eye dropper will work fine)

This probably works best with the sulfate, but the HCl should work fine too.

Procedure:

1) Set water to boil. In the lab this would amount to a beaker with more water in it than you need heated on a hot plate. A mason jar in the microwave, or in a pot on the stove works just as well. Point is, boil water. (Chemistry factoid: When you boil the distilled water, you drive off the CO2 which is responsible for the formation of pH altering carbonic acid)

2) Place crystals in dish.

3) Slowly pippet boiling water onto the product in the evap dish. The goal is to add not a drop more than is needed to dissolve the product. It isn't a big deal if you go over though.

4) Leave dish in a place where it will remain undisturbed.

5) Wait. This isn't a "Lets trip tonight" process. It may take a week or more.

As it cools, and some of the water evaporates, crystals should begin to form and collect at the bottom. At some point you have to man up and toss (or decant and save) the aq solution. Yes, it has alkaloids in it still, but remember, this process is for purity rather than yield. The water also has crap in it that you don't want on your crystals.

One may find that the crystals fall out quicker than expected which may result in needles forming more plate like structures. Still much nicer than a powder.

The dish and aq sol can be placed in the fridge\freezer to speed things up and/or get more product to fall out of solution. Just remember that time an patience get you big crystals. This should not have a major impact on purification though.

As stated before, I have not done this with this material, but recrystallization is a very basic chem process. Your product is soluble in boiling water, but not so much in room temp-cold water.

If it doesn't work, there is no loss. Your product is in drinkable water.

I lied before. If I were going to do this, I would use boiling MeOH. It is less dangerous than one might think, but I don't recommend it if you have never done it before (and NEVER with a gas stove or around open flame). It also evaporates fast, quickly yielding super pure (alkaloid mix) plates.

One more thing:
SWIM has consumed the freebase form. It gets converted to the HCl salt in your stomach and is highly effective. It is very alkaline, so a capsule is advisable. The material was removed using a/b extraction w/ naphtha as the NP solvent. It was just slightly off white, and sort of gooey

I hate extracting cacti. You never know what you are going to get. I haven't had the time/money to track down a reliable and consistent source.

WOW I think I just filled up the internet!

#58 Pedestrian

Pedestrian

Dreamspace Transient

• Expired Member
  • 572 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 09:13 PM

Interesting tek you got there. Good tips on the equipment to have.

I am not too chemically inclined, so here's a few questions for ya.

What benefits would your proposed tek have over the one in this thread?

One more thing:
SWIM has consumed the freebase form. It gets converted to the HCl salt in your stomach and is highly effective. It is very alkaline, so a capsule is advisable. The material was removed using a/b extraction w/ naphtha as the NP solvent. It was just slightly off white, and sort of gooey

If you have the time, I would like to hear about the freebase tek with the naptha.... Most of the teks floating around don't use it and I'm curious as to the procedure.

#59 Caljet666

Caljet666

Dumbass

• Expired Member
  • 368 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 12:33 AM

IMHO tregars method would be superior, in fact, it's probably the best re-x swims seen and it works on most if not all phenethylamines. That being said, the method slaphappyjacko outlined would be an ideal follow up to the dual solvent re-x. Placing the mek/water solution in the freezer forces the crystals out quickly and hence they are small or even powder like. Following up with the single solvent solution and allowing the crystals to grow over a couple of days will produce much larger crystals thereby cleaning the mescaline that little bit more.

#60 slaphappyjacko

slaphappyjacko

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 03:33 PM

Interesting tek you got there. Good tips on the equipment to have.

I am not too chemically inclined, so here's a few questions for ya.

What benefits would your proposed tek have over the one in this thread?

If you have the time, I would like to hear about the freebase tek with the naptha.... Most of the teks floating around don't use it and I'm curious as to the procedure.

Obviously the above mention method is working great. I would follow it to the end.

The main benefits to "my" method are simplicity and the use of a benign solvent. The last thing your product is dissolved in is water.

I honest to god have not tried it with mescaline. It may not work well enough to risk product when you have a method that works. It also is a final step. Your product would need to be on the cleaner side. Ideally it would be clean enough to consume as is.
It is probably pointless for most folks.

I was mostly trying to chime in with a very basic, general crystallization procedure. The concept and method is the same regardless of your solvent and compound.

If one is curious about this type of thing, salt and sugar form great crystals. Do the exact thing mentioned above with sugar and in prepare to be amazed (JK) :rasta:. Of course, all the crystals would do is give you a sugar high.:headbang:

I am soon going to get some much more solid training with column chromatography (I have run small scale (in a pipet) columns). There is not really a better way to purify stuff like this. It is super effective at separating chlorophylls (that is what we separated in our little columns) from product (and each other for that mater), and losses are minimal. This is how one can separate the mescaline from other alkaloids too.

caljett666:
You are right with the last line. Key bit is that it purifies a LITTLE bit more. If I was going for consumption I wouldn't bother. To impress friends and family...

If you are doing analytical work this cleanliness is to be desired. You can run a GC column with a staggeringly small amount of product. Of course you have to have access to a GC machine...and care.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!