how can i take spores from the mushrooms i grow and use it??
Posted 05 February 2008 - 09:23 PM
In a clean environment like a glovebox, place a mushroom cap on a piece of foil. Let the spores fall for a day or so, then put the foil in a little plastic bag.
There's a lot of information on this, you should search the site.
Posted 05 February 2008 - 10:33 PM
I scraped my spores into an empty 1/2 pint jar, shot sterile water into jar, suck back up, shoot, suck up again to breack up clumps, sterilize needle over blue flam and nocc up.....
.......BUUUUUUT I believe this has all been covered.
Posted 05 February 2008 - 11:19 PM
Sterile plastic baby bottle liners
Large glass bowl
1. Get a nice size boomer with a fully opened cap.
2. Cut a square from the bottle liners. The square is now two pieces and in between the two is sterile. Pull them apart.
3. Quickly set the cap on the sterile side of the plastic.
4. Set glass bowl over it and leave 24hrs.
5. After 24hrs if its a good cap it will have left a nice print.. Have another piece of the liner ready.. Lift bowl and place sterile side down over the print.. If this piece of plastic is a bit smaller it helps tons.
6. If the piece you lay over is smaller you can take a piece of strapping tape and press the tape over the two pieces.. if you did it right they will get stuck together..
7. Flip the print and tape the other side.
8. Now trim the extras to make a nice uniform shape.
To get the spores out you can make a tiny incision in the plastic and use a needle to get just enough spores to do your magic. It helps to use the eye of a needle..
Now make a print for every boomer you get until you have hundred(in case a few arent good:rasta:. Date 'em.. Test 'em regularly..
Posted 06 February 2008 - 01:52 AM
Posted 06 February 2008 - 03:59 AM
i`m going to try Punisher`s way :greenboun
Posted 06 February 2008 - 05:53 PM