#21 prism

prism

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 5,943 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2008 - 11:40 AM

Nice!! I have some colonizing already, I will start us a thread!! Heh!:rasta:

i do love the hillbilly. it has been an almost perfect example so far, for a new person to watch. ok, you talked me into some straw and worm castings. sub with wbs spawn. :loveeyes:

#22 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:13 PM

alright prism. i have to pick up a few things tomorrow to get started, the OI is still in print form. this one little shroom (first pic) looks like it has started opening already, is it an abort? then a couple pics of the other tray. i have to go and read the late casing thread now and find out when i should do it. i think it said to get a good pinset,then case, there are alot of new ones just poking out.
recent 142.jpg

recent 144.jpg

recent 146.jpg

#23 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:18 PM

the little one was an abort, i ate him while i was applying the casing layer. lol. it was tiny but it had fully opened and started turning black by the afternoon. here is the late casing, fingers crossed. it isnt deep but hopefully just enough.
recent 149.jpg

#24 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 05:30 PM

well i didnt get my shopping done, but i still plan on making a lc and probably a couple of half pints tomorrow. the hb cakes arent doing much but still growin myc. the b+ cakes have a couple of smallish fruits on them. the one tub that had the small fruit open has grown another just like it but also a couple of regular ones that are getting bigger. the other tubs fruits are getting bigger and have a few more pushing up from under the casing layer.
recent 150.jpg

#25 lionelfire

lionelfire

Keeping on

• Expired Member
  • 444 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 05:39 PM

oh yeah!:dance::teeth::dance:

#26 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 05:12 PM

:mistrust: good and bad news! bad first, the 2 b+ cakes have gotten the mean green. i noticed a bad color mostly sort of greyish then looking closer i could see the green and it was pretty advanced in a small spot. there were about 20 tiny pins on the dec(really tiny) so it and another got tossed as it was showing the greyish tint too. i sure hope it doesnt take the whole tank. this makes every jar and bag from my first inoculation attempt bad. on a better note, none from the second innoculation have shown any contams and all the cakes (hb) now have pins today. the cased tray is getting some large fruit, hopefully ill be able to get a print from them. oh and the one lonely chronic jar has pins today too, its about time,lol.

#27 prism

prism

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 5,943 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2008 - 05:54 PM

Sounds like FAE on the small guys, try to up your fanning to get bigger fruits, RH helps too, if you get close to 90%rh and lots of FAE, the small ones will be at a minimum...:rasta::rasta: Sorry to hear about the green.. Welcomr to my world.. lol:mistrust:

#28 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 08:35 PM

thanks i will give it a try. i think the humidity is fine really. maybe it was fae since i was only doing it once daily untill i saw pins, then twice after that. they kept looking better but werent moving very fast. iam pretty sure that i wont be much of a cake person, the rez/trays seem to work much better for me.:rasta:

#29 prism

prism

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 5,943 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:28 AM

thanks i will give it a try. i think the humidity is fine really. maybe it was fae since i was only doing it once daily untill i saw pins, then twice after that. they kept looking better but werent moving very fast. iam pretty sure that i wont be much of a cake person, the rez/trays seem to work much better for me.:rasta:

Word!!:rasta:

#30 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 04:57 PM

some new pics:eusa_clap the veil is tearing today on the biggest one. it was intact last night and gotten bigger today. and a pic of the nicer tray, the one that is farther behind is getting a good set though(more even). the cakes are pinning nicely too, but not covered. it seems like they like to grow in clumps. i'll get some pics of them soon but i dont want to handle them too much. it looks like there might be a little testing this weekend! lol :headbang:

recent 151.jpg

recent 152.jpg

#31 prism

prism

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 5,943 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 February 2008 - 05:04 PM

some new pics:eusa_clap the veil is tearing today on the biggest one. it was intact last night and gotten bigger today. and a pic of the nicer tray, the one that is farther behind is getting a good set though(more even). the cakes are pinning nicely too, but not covered. it seems like they like to grow in clumps. i'll get some pics of them soon but i dont want to handle them too much. it looks like there might be a little testing this weekend! lol :headbang:

recent 151.jpg

recent 152.jpg

Nice Flush!! Aren't those HB's pretty?

Careful eating them fresh, I ate 12 Gr fresh and freaked. Lil dab will do ya. They are so thick and dense that they dry to way heavier than most other cubies IMO. Nice job!!

#32 camMyco

camMyco

Modified Honey

• Expired Member
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 05:42 PM

Awesome "New"guysupnorth. I can't wait to see how all of this finishes up. :dance:

#33 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:05 PM

thank you, yes they are pretty. i wasnt sure if they would be dried by the wknd but i thought they would. we will be carefull because this will be j's first time eating them. 1g each, he has had cid before though. i am pretty proud of them to be honest,lol.

a different ? though. you said yours didnt sporulate. i was looking just now and think i notice some black powder on the inside of the veil. is it possible they drop before they open or is this a natural color of a veil? there isnt any powder on the lower stem or anything but there is a clump of blackness in one spot underneith where it first opened up. ? anybody that has printed these are welcome to answer, i would like to print some.

'"new"guysupnorth, lol. that is a good one. :lol: you can be sure i'll take pics for the rest of it. how is your pineapple doing?

#34 fedshtkpndrk

fedshtkpndrk

Prodigal Son

• Expired Member
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:25 PM

Lookin good :D

You got it :thumbup: spores can drop before the veil tears. If you want to print some I would wait till they open up a little bit more, shouldnt take long.:)

-feds

#35 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:39 PM

a few new pics. there still arent any spores dropping, but i am hoping it is close. see the different color on the stem where the veil was as compaired to the rest of it? is this normal? i like the little family of shrooms pic. a couple of the cakes are putting on some weight, i have been fanning 4 times a day.
recent 153.jpg

recent 154.jpg

recent 155.jpg

recent 157.jpg

recent 159.jpg

recent 160.jpg

#36 prism

prism

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 5,943 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:46 PM

NICE!!!

Those are definately spores...

I am going to do another HB grow... I love that strain.

Great job man!!
:bow::bow::bow::bow:

#37 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 07:09 PM

thanks, one thing i found looking at the blown up pics. in the last pic on the clump of shrooms, does that look like trich? or blueing? i have had to water the top dec because they were very dry even though they were getting misted. another thing, should i try to print those three bigger caps now, or wait for more spores. the others are breaking their veils too.

#38 Hillbilly

Hillbilly

redneck

• Expired Member
  • 772 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 09:53 AM

i do love the hillbilly. it has been an almost perfect example so far, for a new person to watch. ok, you talked me into some straw and worm castings. sub with wbs spawn. :loveeyes:

Thanks, great pictures make me proud of my namesake strain.

#39 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 02:56 PM

hey thanks for stopping by hillbilly. well i did try to print the 2 larger caps. is there any reason why it wouldnt work? its been 24 hrs and no print. i tried 2 more little ones today just before it even opens all the way. we will see i guess but i dont think they will print. except for 4-5 mushrooms the rest were sporeless. down the road a little, i think ill pick up another syringe and try again.

we took it easy last night and had some stem tea from the 2 that i decapitated,lol. it was nice, about 3 hrs. nothing heavy but we didnt really want to go there. we are going to wait for a better time to try a heavy one. some pics of yesterdays and todays harvest, plus the ones that are left. ps i dont think that is trich in the picture, they are coming along fine.

recent 161.jpg

recent 162.jpg

recent 163.jpg

#40 saico

saico

Cut to the chase!

• Expired Member
  • 91 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 09:33 PM

Gettin heavy is the shit but hell it makes a guy feel vulnerable like a lil baby, not something I'd do everyday either.

Nice pickies.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!