Fisana

- - - - -

Anyone else see alcohol as psychedelic?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_leprachaun_*

Guest_leprachaun_*

Posted 22 December 2004 - 08:04 PM

I find alchol psychedelic in the sense that it can wonderfully change mood and perception, rather than cause actual hallucinations (although that happened to me once when extremely drunk).

Altered perception in itself can be profound. I like the way it makes experience blend together and flow easily. I had a rare night out on the town with some friends a few weeks ago and it was cool. Got fairly drunk. It felt almost as if I was on another planet, sort of futuristic.

I percieved the night as an unfolding whole story rather than discrete parts, like I was in a river of experiences. I had a great time. Alchol is underrated as a psychedelic.

#2 Guest_roo_*

Guest_roo_*

Posted 22 December 2004 - 08:09 PM

Only in small amounts.. Any more than a few drinks tends to close that part of my mind down.

#3 Guest_hidra_*

Guest_hidra_*

Posted 22 December 2004 - 08:52 PM

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

although that happened to me once when extremely drunk<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

it happen to me in the past..

I was at the strippers ..
completely drunk..

and there was 4 boobs...

#4 Guest_duke_*

Guest_duke_*

Posted 22 December 2004 - 09:20 PM

and there was 4 boobs...
LMAO well that was a good trip.

I have never thought of alcohol as a psychedelic, although it has altered my perception plenty.

Matter of fact I never mix the two the alcohol will change the trip, bringing it down.

Peace...

#5 mojorisin

mojorisin

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 09:32 PM

I usually down a few beers before a shroom ride, it helps relax me and put me in a good place. Its amazing how many beers a person can drink while on shrooms. You can destroy your liver and never feel the alcohol. Does anyone know why this is?

#6 Guest_i_am_me_*

Guest_i_am_me_*

Posted 22 December 2004 - 10:22 PM

Alcohol never affects my mentality really....even in mass amounts I just lose motor skills and get the physical drunk. I get no mental stimulation or anything of the sort.

#7 Guest_jam_*

Guest_jam_*

Posted 23 December 2004 - 08:15 AM

I agree with Leprachaun.

Alcohol can change your perception
to the point of gaining new insights
while intoxicated.

It can also remove boundaries,
and let ideas flow more smoothly.

I have had alot of positive experiences
on alcohol.

#8 Guest_JT_*

Guest_JT_*

Posted 18 January 2005 - 08:25 PM

only in extreme occasions...

#9 philemon

philemon

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 216 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 09:08 PM

i honestly cant drink enough for any visions. but id say alchahol has certainly come in handy spiritually several times. i find its easier to pray ernestly when im a bit drunk.

not to mention i always notice colors are brighter when im drunk. i only notice that because i didnt drink till i was 22 and im only 24 now. so.. i have a pretty good before and after perspective, while alot of my friends cant remember a time before they both drank and smoked weed and cigarettes.

#10 Guest_JT_*

Guest_JT_*

Posted 19 January 2005 - 01:09 PM

i think maybe i hallucinate off everything, because as it is, i see trails when i'm sober, probably because all the acid i ate in highschool.
oh well. shit happens, kinda cool sometimes.
i get long trails when i'm real stoned or drunk.

#11 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 09:25 PM

i don't see alcohol as psychedelic particularly.
unless all drugs are, too.

#12 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 January 2006 - 04:36 AM

I would have to agree with Leprechaun. Alcohol *can* be a mental stimulant/psychedelic. That's a very hard state to hit and harder to maintain, though. Usually, I'll overshoot into stupid drunk or underdrink and get the "beer throbbing" headaches with nausea.

When you get the mix just right, though, alcohol can be a really nice drug. I would say the same about coke. Damn good when you get the dose just right, but damn easy to get the dose wrong.

It's all about the person and the environment and the mix, to me.

I have always found it easier to maintain an interesting state by consuming smaller amounts of various different compounds. Alcohol and cigarettes are almost always a part of the mix, unless I'm going hardcore/spiritual/delving. When I'm chowing heavy dosage, I (usually) like to stay away from alcohol.

Then again, I've enojoyed major dosage and stupid quantities of booze on more than one occasion with good (albiet VERY clumsy) results.

I don't have a drinking problem. I drink, I get drunk, I fall down. No problem.

#13 DJTetsu

DJTetsu

View Source Code

• Expired Member
  • 301 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 06:00 AM

sounds like u've just gone into thinking something a bit deeper than it should. But I can see the point. It then questions what is a psy·che·del·ic adj.

Of, characterized by, or generating hallucinations, distortions of perception, altered states of awareness, and occasionally states resembling psychosis.

It definitely fucks with your mind, and by definition that's enough. To be able to let loose of your boundries (being a lot more social, elevated mood, etc.)
it does open a lot more possibilites (and great if given at ideal quantites, like buckaroo have stated). We could be typically missing the optimial dosage to use alcohol to its fullest psychedelic usage, but alcohol naturally invites an over-usage past that point. As I type this I realize how, in general, even if given at those quantities (I have drank all levels personally), most of the time, the drinker doesn't yell "I have visions!". Not many people do.

So alcohol naturally is not really IMHO.

But let's say if you are say a constant tripper and can direct your mind into certain other-wise none-visible Focuses* (and when you're sober), the fact that alcohol can let go of your inhibitions, you can visit certain states or thoughts with less restraint. I see it as possible enhancer to a trippy (meditative)-mind.

I do a bit of meditation sometimes when I'm a bit drunk, and sometimes that's to tell my subconscious, "hey, let's not get too fucked up tonite, aite!"

*Focus as in a meditative concentration on a particual object or sound.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!