• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 BigStemz

BigStemz

prophet of peace

• Expired Member
  • 596 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 01:53 PM

so they can be grown off of brf cakes with good results?

#22 koldj

koldj

Wounded Healer

• Expired Member
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 02:58 PM

Dunno if anyone tried it :|. I believe so, but as I said before - most ppl use some kind of grain to grow sclerotia producers. Rye grass, rye berries and WBS work well. You have to use this kind of substrate if you plan on harvesting sclerotia, but if you only wanna grow mushrooms, it shouldn't matter. Sclerotia is hardened mycelium mass that "absorbs" the substrate inside. It often contains some grain in it. Therefore it would be unwise to cultivate vermiculite-sclerotia :P. But talking about the fruits again - Mexicanae need casing, so standard PF tek cakes won't do, unless you crumble the cakes and case them. Anyway - just use some kind of grain :D.

#23 BigStemz

BigStemz

prophet of peace

• Expired Member
  • 596 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 08:48 PM

so to get the hard truffle like fruits the jars are kept in the dark?

#24 koldj

koldj

Wounded Healer

• Expired Member
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 11:22 AM

Yup, basically it's just prolonged incubation.

Easy stuff - nocc and forget for 2-3 months :D.

#25 koldj

koldj

Wounded Healer

• Expired Member
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 03:58 PM

First stones :amazed:

I just love how easy it goes. I think I'm gonna make some LC and nocc a loooot of rye :D.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC02149.JPG

#26 koldj

koldj

Wounded Healer

• Expired Member
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 09:15 PM

Surprise!

My old Semilanceata LC showed it's value. I thought that it was wasted after so long time (3-4 months in the fridge) and I thought it was contamed as well, anyway I nocced 2 jars of brf style cakes that shrunk after nuking in the PC and here it is. In the beginning it grew slowly and suddenly it speeded up, so I thought that it was a contam. I left the jars wait for 2 days (I think) and there were no signs of trich or any other mold. So I opened one to smell it and it smells very mushy :). Here are some shots. I hope this is not a contam and if it is, it looks great and smells good, too :P.

Well, I still have a Semilanceata print, but I hope that this will just work.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC02154.JPG
  • DSC02151.JPG

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!