36 replies to this topic

#21 wildburr

wildburr

Wildest of Burrs

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,652 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 June 2008 - 11:23 PM

Excellent info :eusa_clap. Being a chemist that made a real good read on DMT. I've only been able to get whitish yellow to yellow from the STB methods, never tried the Xylene or toluene pulls to get the jungle spice yet. Might just have to try it next extraction I do. Hell the yellow stuff scares me, I wonder how the red will do me.

#22 farklenickel

farklenickel

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 149 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:06 PM

why isn't this in the vaults!?!?! I was lookin for it but had to google it.

#23 shroomatt

shroomatt

Forgastacator

• Expired Member
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:59 AM

Wow. This article blew me away. I had no idea of what jungle spice is.

Now Iv'e got to tell my FOAF that he needs to try to extract this!!

#24 Om shanti

Om shanti

S.W.I.M. in H.POO

• Expired Member
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:09 AM

Great info!!!

#25 lysergic

lysergic

Down on the Pharm

• Expired Member
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:51 AM

*bump*
:weedpoke:

#26 buteo

buteo

Imbicilzzzz

• Expired Member
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 01:00 PM

deserves another "bump"

#27 Frequency

Frequency

Code Demon

• OG VIP
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 04:22 PM

Archive material! :bow:

#28 lysergic

lysergic

Down on the Pharm

• Expired Member
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 09:08 PM

Archive material! :bow:

Only mods are allowed to designate threads that are "archive material,"
however, that is precisely what the "Holding Tank" forum is for: Threads awaiting archival.

I very much agree though

:)

#29 catdaddy

catdaddy

herding kittens

• Expired Member
  • 2,321 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:02 PM

This thread- a couple of hours of reading- is what convinced me I understood enough about DMT to attempt an extraction and a trial...

This and "the spirit molecule" satisfied my desire to understand DMT more thoroughly before meeting it personally.

definitely archive material, IMHO.

#30 Mycorama

Mycorama

Fungitarian

• Expired Member
  • 640 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:28 PM

:cool:

There is some really helpful information here pertaining to different products and their effects, a bit relieving that I do not have to try each one as I engaged in more than one tek.
Thanks! :bow:

#31 Mycorama

Mycorama

Fungitarian

• Expired Member
  • 640 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:47 PM

These are two hot Naphtha extractions done with 420g :rasta: each of MHRB with the Nomans (picture A) and Marsofold (picture B) teks after tepid Naphtha was not removing anymore sizable yields. Both look quite similar in color in the pictures, but I am told that Nomans tek (picture A) resulted a bit darker and more red.

SWIM is finishing with her Toluene pulls (chosen over Xylene for quicker evaporation) and will have pictures showing the visible differences between the two teks.
The product has yet to be sampled :eusa_snoo as SWIM is a bit wary of the jungle spice. :bow:

Attached Thumbnails

• P8130106.JPG
  • P8130105.JPG

• Frequency likes this

#32 Frequency

Frequency

Code Demon

• OG VIP
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 02:13 PM

These are two hot Naphtha extractions done with 420g :rasta: each of MHRB with the Nomans (picture A) and Marsofold (picture B) teks after tepid Naphtha was not removing anymore sizable yields. Both look quite similar in color in the pictures, but I am told that Nomans tek (picture A) resulted a bit darker and more red.

SWIM is finishing with her Toluene pulls (chosen over Xylene for quicker evaporation) and will have pictures showing the visible differences between the two teks.
The product has yet to be sampled :eusa_snoo as SWIM is a bit wary of the jungle spice. :bow:

Very cool comparison bro! Should started a new thread! Interested to hear about the Toluene results compared to Diacetyl's Xylene evap.

Rep+ homeboy! :bow:

#33 Mycorama

Mycorama

Fungitarian

• Expired Member
  • 640 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 03:25 PM

A friend has dosed and through the grape vine I am told it is more potent and lasts longer than the white spice from their freeze precip. from the same aqueous solution.
Not sure of much more than that until I get to talk with the person myself.
~
EDIT
~
BIG difference between the Marsofold and Nomans tek when Toluene is added, at least so far. The first picture with the clear solvent is the Marsofold tek and the Nomans is the opaque white liquid. I believe this has to do with the defatting process, which Nomans omits (right?:eusa_shif).
Yields were a big difference too, Nomans tek had much more after the first pull, so much so that the Marsofold product was mixed in before I had a chance to get a picture for everyone.

Attached Thumbnails

• New Bitmap Image 131.JPG
  • New Bitmap Image121.JPG
  • P8130098.JPG

#34 Mycorama

Mycorama

Fungitarian

• Expired Member
  • 640 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:39 PM

Toluene pulls.
Marsofold and Nomans teks were mixed from the first pull, also seen in my last post.The yields from the second pulls were not mixed and can be seen labeled M and N.
SWIM is not sure how much longer either tek will produce, but she will continue until her yields diminish.

Attached Thumbnails

• jungle2.JPG
  • jungle.JPG

#35 catdaddy

catdaddy

herding kittens

• Expired Member
  • 2,321 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:12 PM

Coolness. I have been scouting around for pure Toluene, and all I can get here is (paint thinner) mixed with other hydrocarbons- like heptane and naphtha. And some unidentified except by there (MSDS?) numbers.

Any clues as to what brands are out there unperverted?

BTW- great research! :bow:

#36 Mycorama

Mycorama

Fungitarian

• Expired Member
  • 640 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:39 PM

Sticking with the Toluene with Naphtha should be no problem as both Nomans and the Marsofold use Naphtha. Both solvents will evaporate from the end product.

#37 liquidblue

liquidblue

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:09 AM

I smoked some of the Red Spice at a festival this weekend. I have never done N,N-DMT but the spice was amazing. Fractals everywhere. and no bad effects. Except i had to shit really bad after i smoked it lol. Wasent evil at all like people think. But i was also on LSD. I did smoke it being on nothing though and it felt like a wave came through the room for 5 minutes and then blew away. IDK i liked it personally

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!