Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Mary Ann of 'Gilligan's Island' Caught With Marijuana in Car

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Poll: mary ann or ginger

mary ann or ginger

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 nicholas

nicholas

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 158 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 03:50 PM

from here: FOXNews.com - Mary Ann of 'Gilligan's Island' Caught With Marijuana in Car - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment
DRIGGS, Idaho — Perhaps they should have called her Mary Jane.
A surprise birthday party for Dawn Wells, the actress who played Mary Ann on "Gilligan's Island," ended with a nearly three-hour tour of the Teton County sheriff's office and jail when the 69-year-old was caught with marijuana in her vehicle while driving home.
Wells is now serving six months' unsupervised probation for the crime. She was sentenced Feb. 29 to five days in jail, fined $410.50 and placed on probation after pleading guilty to one count of reckless driving.
The guilty plea came as part of an agreement with prosecutors in which three misdemeanor counts — driving under the influence, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a controlled substance — were dropped.
The case began the night of Oct. 18, when Teton County sheriff's Deputy Joseph Gutierrez arrested Wells as she was driving home from a surprise birthday party. She posted $4,000 bond and was arraigned on the charges the following day, pleading not guilty. A trial on the matter was scheduled for March 13, but was canceled because of the plea agreement.
According to the sheriff's office report, Gutierrez pulled Wells over after noticing her swerve across the fog lines and center lines of State Highway 33 and repeatedly speed up and slow down.
"I exited my patrol vehicle and immediately was able to smell a strong odor of burning marijuana," Gutierrez wrote in his report. "As I approached the vehicle I noticed all four window (sic) of the vehicle were lowered and the female driver was not wearing a jacket."
When Gutierrez asked why he could smell marijuana, Wells reportedly told him that she'd just given a ride to three hitchhikers and had dropped them off when they began smoking something. When Gutierrez searched the car, he found three half-smoked joints in the ashtray and console, according to the report. A second search after Wells' arrest netted a fourth half-smoked joint and two small cases used to store marijuana, Gutierrez said.
After Wells failed a field sobriety test, she was handcuffed and taken to the sheriff's office.
Wells' attorney, Ron Swafford, of Idaho Falls, told the Post Register that a friend of Wells' voluntarily testified that he'd left a small amount of marijuana in the vehicle after having used the vehicle that day, and that Wells was unaware of it.
Swafford said several witnesses were prepared to testify that Wells had very little to drink at the party and was not intoxicated when she left. He said she was swerving on the road because she was trying to find the heater controls in her new car.
Wells is the founder of the Idaho Film and Television Institute in Driggs and the organizer of the region's annual family movie festival called the Spud Fest.

#2 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,328 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 March 2008 - 04:11 PM

4 half smoked joints. This is sad. It also is not the first time she's been busted for pot. Some years back the feds actually targeted her and the late Bob Denver - Gilligan with an investigation. Bob had been sending small amounts to Dawn and the feds busted both of them and made a HUGE deal out of it.

I grew up watching Gilligans Island. I have also popped into "Maryann's" website a time or two just to see what she was up to (used to have a crush on her 30 years ago). She's a nice humble woman. I feel for her. 69 years old to boot.

Send her a goood thought if you have in you. Damn it I wish she had made enough from acting to hire a good lawyer.

This bowls for you Maryann (Dawn), and one for Gilligan (Bob) to...

:hookah:

I once spoke to Gilligan on the phone on a call in show, I called him "little buddy" LOL

PS: One last thing, we don't know the circumstances of the pull over, just what we read and what the cops say. Maybe she did swerve, maybe she did'nt. Cops lie about reasons to pull over all the time, so who knows. She should have been let off with a stern warning. Why ? Because she had 4 roaches. What kind of sobriety test do they use, can a frazzled 69 year old about to be busted be expected to "preform" their tricks?
  • Heirloom likes this

#3 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,328 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 March 2008 - 04:17 PM

Maryann

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Many Faces of Dawn Wells

Attached Thumbnails

• gilligansislandonline.jpg
  • 3gi09.jpg

#4 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 05:13 PM

hope i'm still burning it up at 69

#5 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,328 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 March 2008 - 05:13 PM

As I read closer I see they dropped the pot charges. She's being jailed , probation for reckless driving.

LOL

Some times you just got to read the whole article. Note to self. Oh well I just get defensive for Maryann.

#6 bugs

bugs

Are we having fun yet?

• OG VIP
  • 3,251 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 March 2008 - 05:34 PM

Understandable, I think she was cuter than Ginger... :love:

#7 Dank Side Of The Shroom

Dank Side Of The Shroom

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:16 PM

excellent. :eusa_clap old people that toke are great. def gonna be smokn in me rocker with me pipe full of nugget when im old.

#8 BigStemz

BigStemz

prophet of peace

• Expired Member
  • 596 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:48 PM

hells yes she was cuter, ginger was just all leg :eusa_sile

#9 chimp

chimp

Space Lord Modulator

• Expired Member
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 08:15 PM

4 Sure!

#10 carl

carl

STONE FREE

• Expired Member
  • 395 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 08:24 PM

maybe someoneought to start a poll- Mary Ann or Ginger?

#11 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,328 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 March 2008 - 08:45 PM

Dawn Wells (Mary Ann) has a guest book on her site. Please take the time to leave her a note if you sympathize with her and have time.

Guestbook

#12 wildburr

wildburr

Wildest of Burrs

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,652 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:35 PM

I know Ill be burning at 69 (If I make it that far :lol:)

Damn, you know what? Its my 420th post :rasta: :weedpoke:
Flick, flick, puff, puff, cough , cough. :amazed: :headbang:

And Hell yes she was way cuter.

#13 Fun-Guy

Fun-Guy

Always room for shrooms

• Expired Member
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 03:41 AM

Coooooooool thread, I always have and prob always will have a crush on Dawn, I am glad She is blazin at that age, I know as long as I can take a breath, it will be taken off my bong. :weedpoke:

I will sign her guestbook!!!

#14 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• Free Member
  • 3,470 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:53 PM

It's a shame the way they are treating her. I think the DEA has had their eyes on her since Bob Denver got busted with pot being sent through the mail. Miss Wells owned a beach cottage in the town were I worked several years ago and I had the chance to meet her several times and do some work on her beach cottage. All I can say is she is a genuinely nice person. She was well known for doing charitable work in the community and it's a damn shame they won't just leave her alone.

#15 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,328 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 March 2010 - 11:54 PM

50,000 views on this thread so far.

Go Ginger , Go Mary Ann !

Edited by hyphaenation, 08 March 2010 - 12:04 AM.

#16 bugs

bugs

Are we having fun yet?

• OG VIP
  • 3,251 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:12 PM

Wow, 50,000 views! That's way cool.

#17 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,328 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 November 2010 - 07:02 PM

Welcome all 60 thousand of you viewers of this thread ! You are warmly invited to have a look around mycotopia , register if you want and join the fun.

Thanks for stopping by.

:rasta:
  • Mrs.Hippie3 likes this

#18 Stoned Angel

Stoned Angel

aka dew drop daddy

• OG VIP
  • 1,974 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 November 2010 - 09:33 AM

Poor lady should have never had any problems....What the fuckever, she had a toke, she's 69 They should have left her alone in pot world.

#19 demetrius shardson

demetrius shardson

be informed, then choose.

• Expired Member
  • 654 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 09:46 AM

jeeeezzzzis this was a tough decision ginger had her moments for sure but i had to go with my childhood love mary ann.

#20 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,328 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:29 PM

Almost 77,000 views !!!

18 votes ... :lol:

Could it be the picture of Mary Ann in the old skool bikini that draws em in ? Or is the shitty circumstances of her birthday pot bust ?

Hello to all viewers of this thread. Welcome to Mycotopia.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!