• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 AcidHorse

AcidHorse

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 144 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 02:37 PM

I've noticed that larvae are sensitive to light they will come to the surface of the soil in the dark and once you turn the lights on they wiggle back into the soil where you can't get them. But if you give some cover like saran wrap over the soil and then after a while turn the lights on, and repeat this from time to time you can pick them off with tweezers. Eventually you would end up with one survivor at most and they aren't asexual.
This works in small containers.

#42 malefacter

malefacter

:P

• Expired Member
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 03:05 PM

never had much of a problem with them in mj plants and haddent had any in my fruit box but then i designed the box so they cant get in to Begin with

#43 kaos_underwave

kaos_underwave

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 05:26 PM

K I used H202 in a dunk for 15-16 hrs, but I couldnt get rid of the adult gnats... my substrate all fell apart when I tried to wash them off and they escaped...they survived immersion

so now I've recased and the bastards are all over the place still...

but Ive got the solution! Nematodes! Theyre nasty little creatures that hunt and kill all kinds of worm and larvae by penetrating them and digesting them from the inside out! They also attack adult flies and other bugs too... Ive ordered some in to massacre the flies muching my mycelia..
Steinernema feltiae is the thing

Theyre gonna have a feast!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!