• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bsurfer2d3

bsurfer2d3

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 201 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 05:45 PM

I had one cake that already started to fruit and everyone told me to DEC them. So I did. I used verm and even sterilized it by putting it in the oven on 350 for 30 minutes. Now 3 days later the caps look black and it looks like there is fuzz growing in between two of them. I left town for the weekend and my girl sprayed them for me. I don't think she opened and fanned them for air exchange. Could this be the reason for them blackening? Are they done for? What can I do? Thank you.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_3531.JPG
  • IMG_3530.JPG
  • IMG_3528.JPG
  • IMG_3529.JPG
  • IMG_3527.JPG
  • IMG_3525.JPG
  • IMG_3526.JPG

#2 CoyoteMesc

CoyoteMesc

howling mad

• Expired Member
  • 4,313 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 05:58 PM

My guess is that the pins were sprayed. Its ok, go ahead and pick those, they are still good to eat. And do a dunk. As soon as you do a 10-14 hour dunk DEC em again and stop misting when you see those pins. Good luck

#3 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,694 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 March 2008 - 06:00 PM

Its your call, but I have seen a lot of mushrooms start like that to go onto full bodied fruits. You can pick them, or leave them to see what they're going to do.

#4 Space Mongrel

Space Mongrel

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 11:16 PM

Fresh air exchange I think.

#5 bsurfer2d3

bsurfer2d3

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 201 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 12:41 AM

Thanks guys. I think I'm going to give them a few days to see where they go from here. If I see nothing then I'll assume they are aborts and I'll do a dunk. At least the cake doesn't have to be thrown away.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!