• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#1 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 09:58 PM

I am coming down from a very strong trip, way more potent than I expected.

I finely ground 25g of chacruna. I put the leaf powder in a glass. I added 35ml of white rum (Bacardi, 40% alchol). I mixed it up well with a spoon. The quantity of rum was barely enough to moisten the leaf powder thoroughly. I left it to soak at room temperature for 8 hours.

I chewed and swallowed one 150mg tablet of moclobemide and washed it down with a bit of water (very bitter). One hour later I added 100ml purified water to the leaf powder paste, gave it a good stir and drank the lot.

The trip had plenty of ayahuasca character and was very therapeutic. I felt myself changing into a feline. I had some wonderful deep relaxation, feeling tensions being released in my body and soul. "Feline relaxation therapy", heh.

I will use this leaf preparation method from now on. I already made a few regular brews with this batch of leaf and tonight's trip was the strongest!

Next time I will use vine. Potent as the trip was, it lacked much of the magic and shine of true ayahuasca. My next trip using vine with this leaf prep method will surely knock my socks off!!!

Tonight I have proved to myself that this alcholic leaf prep method works brilliantly, and that vine is more than a simple maoi. I read speculations that tetrahydroharmine is a weak serotonin re-uptake inhibitor. Maybe that is what makes the difference. I don't want to totally knock moclobemide though. It gave me a super trip tonight. But vine has that extra magic something.......Posted Image

#2 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 09:44 AM

The rum was actually 37.5% alchol.

This method reminds me of when I discovered the perlite humidification tek here at Mycotopia. I had a load of grief using more complicated methods. I thought "Could it really be that simple and effective?" I tried it and it worked brilliantly, way better than all the other methods.

BTW, I changed my name from Leprachaun to Phalanx and deleted my old account, in case anyone is wondering who I am.

#3 Guest_pbeester_*

Guest_pbeester_*

Posted 10 January 2005 - 12:21 PM

Is it okay to drink alcohol, with MAOI's?

#4 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 05:27 PM

Yes because alchol isn't an amine and I'm still alive and well, and had no ill effects during the trip. I retched a few times when drinking the pv, but after that the nausea was minor and transient.

It would be safest to only use pure drinks like white rum or vodka rather than wine or beer. The alchol buzz seemed to wear off about an hour after drinking the leaf, before the main trip started.

Simple is best!!!

#5 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 02:04 PM

I tried this method again but used 30g vine. It was quite potent. I saw some wonderful heavy gold imagery, including a lake full of golden gondolas. I also learned about desert survival.

As expected, the caapi gave the gold and extra atmosphere which the moclobemide lacked, even though the caapi dose was weaker. I went to bed at 3am last night, but with the moc it was 5.30am despite dosing at the same time and using the same batch and quantity of leaves prepared the exact same way. I will up my caapi dose to 50g-60g next time.

Another problem was that the trip came in several waves instead of one big tsunami.Posted Image It seemed to be due to eating 2 slices of toast with butter instead of one. This made me thirsty and had to keep drinking water to keep it flowing. I will only eat 1 slice in future and use olive oil instead. The salt in the butter causes thirst. Maybe my thirst is what brought on the desert survival visions.

I couldn't get deeply involved in the visions because they would fade before fully developing and another wave would come with different themes.

#6 Guest_roo-who-boo-hoo_*

Guest_roo-who-boo-hoo_*

Posted 18 January 2005 - 07:41 PM

Is there not a native people who use mimosa and massive amounts of powerfull white rum in NE South America?

"I couldn't get deeply involved in the visions because they would fade before fully developing and another wave would come with different themes."

I have been there. It is like watching tv with someone that changes the channel of the tv every 2 minutes..

(Message edited by roo on January 19, 2005)

#7 Guest_JT_*

Guest_JT_*

Posted 18 January 2005 - 07:56 PM

good thing my chacruna bush is starting to shoot new leafs and branches YAY!!, i just got it about a week ago.

#8 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 07:57 PM

Is there not a native people who use mimosa and massive amounts of powerfull white rum in NE South America?
Really? First I heard about it. Did read of natives letting the brew stand for days so it started to ferment.

have been there. It is like watching tv with someone that changes the channel of the tv every 2 minutes..

LOL, yeah, its a bummer
I got the squirts as well, which is unusual. I had some amusement park visuals at the very beginning, of people on cart rides/rollercoaster type stuff. Shanon says that is common!

Also, I felt myself turning into a blue octopus/sea urchin thing with many legs which was too weird to describe.

In a trip a couple of weeks ago, I had a vivid experience of turning into a camel!!! It felt so silly and strange I had trouble rolling with it. AYA IS COOL!!!

(Message edited by phalanx on January 19, 2005)

#9 Guest_JT_*

Guest_JT_*

Posted 18 January 2005 - 07:58 PM

do you get nausea when just using the chacruna leaves ?

#10 Guest_roo-who-boo-hoo_*

Guest_roo-who-boo-hoo_*

Posted 18 January 2005 - 08:14 PM

"Also, I felt myself turning into a blue octopus/sea urchin thing with many legs which was too weird to describe.

In a trip a couple of weeks ago, I had a vivid experience of turning into a camel!!! It felt so silly and strange I had trouble rolling with it. AYA IS COOL!!!"

Thats what I like also! I once had a vision of sorts like this I turned into a snake. I was wiggeling around the house on the floor. Just slithering around. It was so real, I became the snake, I felt like the snake, I was the snake.

I just go with it when stuff like this happens. It is definatly a wonderfull experiance.

#11 Guest_JT_*

Guest_JT_*

Posted 18 January 2005 - 08:16 PM

woah i wanna be a mongoose.

#12 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 08:17 PM

Nausea can be quite bad with chacruna brewed the regular way, but when using this alcholic method it is a lot easier to drink and the nausea afterwards is between minimal and zero.

It seems to be because the dmt/tannins or whatever are still sitting inside the leaf when you consume, so you can't taste it so much to make you nauseous when drinking. Also, it doesn't irritate the stomach for apparently the same reason. It passes quietly through to the small intestine to be absorbed there. This minimises post-consumption nausea.

It still tastes bad and makes me retch, but not half as much as a regular brew. It is the only way I would consume mimosa if I had to again.

#13 Guest_JT_*

Guest_JT_*

Posted 18 January 2005 - 08:18 PM

awesome i have getting sick i'm gonna try your method first buddy boy

#14 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 08:30 PM

Thats what I like also! I once had a vision of sorts like this I turned into a snake. I was wiggeling around the house on the floor. Just slithering around. It was so real, I became the snake, I felt like the snake, I was the snake.

LOL, I love hearing about people having similar experiences to my own. It is so DAMN real! Especially when you start physically acting out.

awesome i have getting sick i'm gonna try your method first buddy boy

Kewl! Good luck. I would love to hear someone else's experience with this method. I ground the leaf in 2 batches of 30 seconds each in an electric coffee grinder. It is important to grind well. If you are using caapi, use a good quantity and be sure to grind it down well too, before brewing. Don't filter too fine and drink the sediment. A medium-fine kitchen sieve is all you need.

Wait an hour between dosing the caapi and the pv for best results. You may need to eat a small amount of fatty food about 1 to 1.5 hours after drinking the chacruna to make the trip kick in fully. Drink 200-300ml water with it to help digestion.

(Message edited by phalanx on January 19, 2005)

#15 Guest_JT_*

Guest_JT_*

Posted 19 January 2005 - 01:11 PM

interesting thanks for the specs...

#16 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 10:23 PM

I had another powerful trip with moclobemide and this leaf prep. Blew my ass off. The central message was that worry causes suffering, so don't worry, be happy! I also realised that I AM VISION. I sculpt my world with my vision. It was very relaxing, erotic and therapeutic.

I let the leaf mix soak for only 4 and a half hours this time. It was a different leaf batch but I felt I got every bit of dmt out of it. There was some metallic visuals and a bit of gold. I ate one slice of bread with about 10ml olive oil and drank 400ml water slowly after it to make the trip kick in. It is better than butter.

Wow, I can't wait to try this with a decent dose of vine. Hippie3, are you going to give this method a go and give it the official thumbs up? You can kick everything else I wrote out of the archives and put this in instead. It is the dog's bollocks.

I would like to try using syrian rue. Maybe the excessive nausea that people sometimes get is due to overdosage. I have an accurate 0.1g scales so I could carefully control the dose. If I can get the brilliance of vine from syrian rue without excessive nausea then I am truly sorted.

#17 Guest_JT_*

Guest_JT_*

Posted 24 January 2005 - 12:05 AM

i just ground up 55 grams of inner root bark, m. hostilis
i soaked it in everclear for an hour then
strained and i am doing a second soak then i will
do a third.
can i boil it down a bit...?
what can i do from here?

#18 Guest_roo-who-boo-hoo_*

Guest_roo-who-boo-hoo_*

Posted 24 January 2005 - 12:20 AM

"I would like to try using syrian rue. Maybe the excessive nausea that people sometimes get is due to overdosage."

From my own personal experiance I would say it is because they grind up the whole seeds and eat them.
I have had much better luck making an extraction of the seeds and using them this way. There seems to be something in the seeds that is NOT water soluable that makes one very sick. It seems that the good stuff IS water solable. I can handle an extraction made from 15 grams of rue with very little sickness by using this method.

Give it a shot! I am sure you will find it to be much makes you much less sick.

#19 Guest_roo-who-boo-hoo_*

Guest_roo-who-boo-hoo_*

Posted 24 January 2005 - 12:26 AM

"55 grams of inner root bark"

Better not drink that all at once! If you do I expect a full report! If this method works and you happen to extract all of the DMT from the bark, 55 grams of mimosa would send you on one VERY powerfull trip. I have done 30 grams using a water extraction, and literly went OBE and met the goddess face to face.

I would try 1/4 of this extraction to see what happens. I would also keep the mimosa after the extraction. If nothing happens, chances are the good stuff is still in the mimosa. Waste not want not!! It is also NOT a good idea to boil ever clear, just let it set at room temp and it will evaporate very quickly.

(Message edited by roo on January 24, 2005)

#20 Guest_JT_*

Guest_JT_*

Posted 24 January 2005 - 10:35 AM

yeah i have it at room temp.
it is sitting in my sock drawer.
it is weird, the color of the liquid is like reddish-brownish
but at the bottom there is a really light colored
layer of silt looks like it woulb be white without
all the liquid in there, one day i will find out.
how long do ya think it will last in there, ...
btw i squeezed the holy living hell out of the last of the grinded root bark through 2 coffee filters.. the liquid just looks psychadelic.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!