• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#21 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 01:56 PM

Is everclear basically almost pure alchol that hasnt been denatured with methanol etc? If the bark is reasonably potent, 10-15g should be plenty.

I looked up one of my books which said dmt FREEBASE is soluble in alchols, dilute acids, and acidified alchols. In mimosa etc, it must be in some salt form which may or may not be so soluble. And a certain amount of cooking may be necessary to make it soluble.

I prefer to consume both plant material and alchol solution to be on the safe side. I look on the alchol as a gum and wax dissolver to make the plant powder more digestable. Maybe it dissolves dmt too, I dunno.

Jason, if your method doesn't work, try consuming the plant material together with the alchol. And use white rum. This Everclear stuff sounds like overkill.

Roo, thanks for the brewing advice. Could you give my alcholic method a go, consuming plant material and all? Use a batch of leaf or mimosa that you already know is potent. You could use syrian rue instead of vine for convenience.

#22 Guest_JT_*

Guest_JT_*

Posted 24 January 2005 - 05:52 PM

i only have 151 proof everclear it isn't the 190 killer stuff.
i'm letting it evap as much as i can on my computer desk, should i avoid light contact?

#23 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 06:34 PM

I suppose to be on the safe side you should keep the mix out of direct sunlight.

Roo, another question. I may have asked you this before, but do you think syrian rue gives the full aya character of vine (apart from any excessive nausea) or is there something lacking?

#24 Guest_JT_*

Guest_JT_*

Posted 24 January 2005 - 11:06 PM

ok guys i found a cool little article here...
http://entheology.or...er.asp?a=62&z=5

i like the way they ingested the stuff ...
sounds fun.

#25 Guest_rooster_*

Guest_rooster_*

Posted 26 January 2005 - 07:05 PM

"Roo, another question. I may have asked you this before, but do you think syrian rue gives the full aya character of vine (apart from any excessive nausea) or is there something lacking?"

I have heard people say that Caapi contains a spirit that is much more familor with humans, rue does not. I know this is a strictly esoteric answer.

To me Caapi seems like a lighter trip, more spiritual, more healing. Like I am in flight. To me it has more "energy". Rue seems heavy, and the visions are not the same to me. Rue seems to be more of a body buzz, and I feel rooted to the earth.

I would have to say that Caapi gives the experiance depth. Its is like a higher frequency of mind. The same goes with the mental aspects.

If you just want pretty visions, go with the Rue, If you want to experiance the spiritual and healing aspects, go with the Caapi.

This is true just for me so far, it may not be like this for everyone. People should try it both ways.

#26 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 07:23 PM

I suppose it is a hard question to answer. The content and quality varies a great deal even with caapi. I'll be ordering some rue tonight so I will find out for myself soon. I feel a bit left out for not trying rue, even though everyone says caapi is better.

#27 Guest_rooster_*

Guest_rooster_*

Posted 29 January 2005 - 11:48 AM

Try one of the "salt" methods to extract the rue. I realy used to hate the high body load of rue untill I tried this. This stuff is good on its own or with the shroom.

At least for me it realy mellows me out.

#28 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 06:43 PM

mistake, put post in wrong place

(Message edited by phalanx on January 24, 2005)

#29 lucysmiling

lucysmiling

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 285 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 06:24 PM

hey guys, i got a question about alcohol, mimosa syrian rue extraction. I was reading down bellow on some other forum about it, and it sounds like a decent extraction. I cant use my stove so i am wanting to do one of these. Can one of you elaborate on what i should do with this extraction. I just want to get this right.

thanks a million

lucysmiln

#30 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 07:39 PM

Hi Lucy, I would have replied sooner but I was away.

I never used rue but you could try the following method. Grind about 3-5g to a powder, add a little bit of bacardi to moisten and let sit for a few hours. Then add 100ml water when ready to dose in order to bulk it up.

You could either filter the mix through a fine sieve to remove the seed powder and only drink the liquid, OR simply stir it and swig liquid with the seed powder together. The second option would probably be more reliable but would make you sicker from what I have heard.

For mimosa, hammer the bark to soften it and grind it to a powder in an electric coffee grinder. Use a fine sieve to separate out all the fibre from the powder. Put the powder in a glass and add enough bacardi rum to fully moisten it. Mix well. Let it sit for a few hours. Then add 100ml water and stir well. Drink the lot, sludge and all. 10-15g should be enough.

#31 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 08:18 AM

i'd suggest read ALL of the threads here too-
http://mycotopia.net...html?1059710278

can you post this extraction method you speak of, the URL on the other un-named forum perhaps ?

#32 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 08:27 AM

I changed my name from Leprachaun to Phalanx

ah, thx for the update.

#33 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 10:52 PM

I'm really hogging that aya archive :)

I tried taking 4g syrian rue (first time ever) and 20 chacruna tonight but it didn't work out too good.

Weighed the rue on a 0.1g scales. Ground 30 seconds in an electric coffee grinder. Got a fine yellowish brown powder with a yucky smell like dark chocolate. Put in a glass and added 10ml rum. Mixed and left to soak.

Ground leaf for 30 seconds. Put in glass with 30ml rum, mixed well and left to soak.

After 5 hours, added 50ml water to seed mix and drank the lot. Very bitter.

After 40 mins I had a cool buzz and was seeing "shimmers" when I looked around the room. After 1 hour I was fairly well whacked out before even taking the leaf. I felt dizzy and sick when walking around. Shimmers all over the place. Saw distinct tracers around stuff. They were colourless, ghostly and beautiful. Reminded me of the monster in the predator film when it was invisible and moving around. Glassy.

100ml water was added to leaf mix to make it drinkable.
I puked 3 times when I started to consume pv. Chilled out for a while and drank the rest. This was 90 mins after taking the seeds.

After another 90 mins, I ate some bread to kick in the trip and puked a few more times. Felt much better and ate more bread.

After 30 mins the tracers were now coloured but the trip was weak.

The rue dose was too high, causing excessive nausea. I will use 2g next time. Also, I ate a load of sausage rolls 5 hours before dosing. I thought it would all be digested by then but no. The fuckers were still sitting in my digestive system causing a backlog, increasing nausea and slowing absorption. That is the first time I ate such heavy food on the day of a trip and it will be the last. No meat!!!

Unfortunately I can't really comment on the character of rue as opposed to vine. Trip was too weak and unfocused. Better luck next time. Rue effects alone were interesting. MAOIs really can be hallucinogenic without dmt.

#34 I_am_me

I_am_me

Odderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 01:10 AM

Maybe try the salt extraction for the rue? It seems pretty simple.

#35 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 08:37 PM

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am coming down from a cool trip of rue and leaf.

I used 2g rue. Had to grind it for twice as long, 1 minute, to get the same fineness I did with 4g. May be due to the ultra low bulk. Put in a glass with 5ml rum.

I used 20g pv prepared like last time. Both rue and pv were from the same herb batches as last time.

I ate only light food earlier in the day, and fasted 4 hours before dosing. Herbs were soaking for 4.5 to 5.5 hours.

One hour after drinking the rue, I had a pleasant buzz but no nausea, dizzyness, shimmers or tracers. Drank the pv then. There was minimal nausea after that which was easily cured by fresh air and burps. 2 hours after pv, I ate one slice of toast and c.10ml olive oil, chewed it very well and drank 200ml water slowly after it.

The trip was cool. Way stronger than last time. It seemed to have all the purple erotic magic and insight of vine. The trip was of moderate intensity but I felt I got the full dmt hit from the leaves. I would like to try this again with a larger dose of leaf to see how deep the rabbit hole goes with rue. I strongly suspect I will end up in exactly the same place I do with vine.

2g rue was the perfect dose. IMHO, I think all excessive nausea associated with rue is simply due to overdosage.

#36 I_am_me

I_am_me

Odderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 09:56 PM

Yea I've read many many reports on the net of 1.5-2 grams of rue being plenty to give the proper maoi effects.

#37 I_am_me

I_am_me

Odderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 09:59 PM

Glad to hear it went well by the way, I'm still waiting for the right time. For some reason I think I'm somewhat apprehensive of drinking it in my small studio apartment. I can't explain why but I've been wanting to plan a camping trip with a very close friend of mine to partake there or at a house out in the country. Heh, we will see.

#38 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 10:13 PM

The seeds are so damn potent that even 1g could make the difference between just right and too much or too little. Accurate scales are essential when using rue IMO.

Many people probably use crappy scales, spoons, or just eyeball the dose. Madness!!!:) Or they follow the usual guideline of 3-5g like I did, and get burned.

1.5g may have done me fine.

#39 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 10:25 PM

If you want to try aya for the first time, I recommend you start at home, taking small doses at first to ease yourself into it. It would be a bad buzz to go out to the middle of nowhere to camp and only then find out your brew was a dud.

Your studio will turn into a jungle or something when tripping so there is no need to worry about how it looks when sober. Anyway, I prefer being in almost total darkness in bed with eyes closed. You can really go places that way. I find aya is much less prone to paranoia or claustrophobia compared to shrooms.

#40 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 10:49 PM

Certain classical music goes well with aya. Matches the flowery drama of it all. I only listen to it in the early stages to help me chill out. I can still hear it in my mind now. I prefer silence during the peak. I may experiment more with music in future.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!