• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 freestar

freestar

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 655 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 11:32 AM

This must be my week for albinos.I was giving my BRF cakes FAE this morning and was looking at my cakes and i found a couple albinos on my B+ cake:headbang:.Ill take pics later because my batt. are dead in my camera.Ive got them on the charger now.

#2 Looky

Looky

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,873 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 12:40 PM

Nice! :headbang: Must clone those for sure!

#3 freestar

freestar

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 655 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 04:57 PM

Heres some pics.The first 3 are pics of a B+ BRF cake.The 4th and 5th one are hillbilly strain in mycro bags.:headbang:

Attached Thumbnails

• TROY 112.jpg
  • TROY 113.jpg
  • TROY 108.jpg
  • TROY 103.jpg
  • TROY 107.jpg

#4 Mermaidia

Mermaidia

Sober Sister

• Expired Member
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 05:00 PM

OMG :amazed:

Tell me you are gonna clone and print :eusa_pray

Those are beautiful. Please keep us posted with pics.

#5 freestar

freestar

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 655 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 05:17 PM

OMG :amazed:

Tell me you are gonna clone and print :eusa_pray

Those are beautiful. Please keep us posted with pics.

Yes i want to clone them but im trying to find a simple clone tek because im not good reading things then doing it.I learn by someone showing me then i pick it right up.So im looking for a tek that i could maybe take sample n put in LC water.Havent found one Yet.Im forsure taking prints.

#6 Boomer-D

Boomer-D

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 07:32 PM

those will be tasty!! good luck and good job bro.

#7 Looky

Looky

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,873 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 07:47 PM

Do the one where you rub the stem with alcohol and then towards the base of the stem you take a 16 gauge needle with 1 cc of sterilized water in the syringe and score out a piece. Then shoot the piece in to a karo/water solution and viola.

#8 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 08:06 PM

Cloning procedure:

Take a healthy mushroom for cloning around the time that the veil breaks. You want one that is still growing vigorously, not an abhort. Place it in the transfer chamber. Avoid fruit with brown streaks on the stem. Use a sterilized Xacto knife and tweezers to extract a clean chunk of stem to add to sterile water in a mason jar.

Posted Image

This is done by holding the freshly picked shroom near the cap, and using the sterile knife to cut a ring around the stem about 2" from the bottom. Only cut a little way into the stem.

Posted Image

Use sterile tweezers to grab and peel the surface layer back toward the base of the stem until it resembles a peeled banana.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Then cut the stem just above the peels. Once you've removed the Al foil from the sterilized blade assembly and mason jar, You have a sterile table to work on for cutting off the stub.

Posted Image

Then slice off the clean chunk and let it fall into a mason jar (8 oz regular mouth) 2/3 full of sterilized water. The jar is prepared by covering with the metal blade assembly and seal from the blender and that is covered with Al foil and sterilized. The transfer is done in the glove box. For more details see the "Blender Usage" page.

Posted Image

It turns out that a regular mouth mason jar has the same size and thread as the plastic blender container part from an Osterizer blender (probably other brands as well), so after dropping in the piece of stem, remove the jar from the chamber, then screw on the base of the blender and proceed to blend for about 3 or 4 seconds at the fastest speed. Allow to stop, then repeat. Be sure to hold the jar while blending. When done, remove the blender base, put the jar (w/seal and blades) in the chamber, remove the blades and seal, then immediately cover with a new baggie (in the transfer chamber). Then draw syringes of the inoculant water by piercing the plastic bag. This procedure has proved to be very effective. For pictures of the details of the blender parts and mason jar assembly go to the Blender Usage page.

Additional info/tips:

1) It is best to use a rubber band around the shroom water jar/baggie to keep out contaminants.
2) If one cuts the peeled chunk of stem almost all the way thru', then one can lift the blender parts just enough to stick the stem thru and finish severing the sterile chunk from the rest of the stem with the edge of the jar and the blender blade assy.

Posted Image

3) The shroom water has been stored for 1 week with no harm and it's gone bad in 2 days. I have no idea how long it can remain viable. It is MUCH better to make up the shroom water and use it immediately. The growth rates are incredible when the shroom water is fresh. One pint cakes (rice only) have been birthed 10 days after inoculation. 14 to 21 days is more common.

4) The knife and tweezers are sterilized in Al foil sheaths in the pressure cooker.

5) Eventually the cloned strain will lose stamina and stop producing and growing vigorously. It is a good idea to take a spore print and start a new culture every year or so (at least.)

#9 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,740 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 March 2008 - 10:02 AM

Definitely clone those. The need for albinos that dont nod is great.

#10 freestar

freestar

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 655 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 10:34 AM

I have 4 B+ cakes now that all are prducing albinos.:headbang:
Im thinking i got the syringe of B+ from Hillbilly:bow:.

#11 Looky

Looky

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,873 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 11:13 AM

Hillbilly :bow::headbang: I have heard nothing but good about TGS

#12 freestar

freestar

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 655 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 01:45 PM

heres a couple new pics of the B+ cake.The Hillbilly-albino is harvested.I tried to print it but nothing happend.I did clone it,i just hope it turns out right.

Attached Thumbnails

• TROY 116.jpg
  • TROY 117.jpg
  • TROY 115.jpg

#13 hairry

hairry

almost a harvester

• Expired Member
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:59 PM

Pardon the ignorance but what is the big deal about albinos?

Is there a real reason(potency,growth rate,etc.) or is it just novelty?

They do look pretty cool.:amazed:

Good luck with the cloning.

hairry

#14 freestar

freestar

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 655 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 11:09 PM

i harvested the albino on the B+ cake.It was hollow on the inside and the top opend wierd so i couldnt try ro print it.It has two more on it that hasnt aborted,i might be able to print one of them.All my other B+ cakes has no albinos on them.The ones i thought had albinos on them they changed color as they got a little bigger.This was the only cake that put off an albino.

Attached Thumbnails

• TROY 121.jpg
  • TROY 120.jpg
  • TROY 119.jpg
  • TROY 118.jpg

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!