#61 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• OG VIP
  • 12,350 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:21 PM

:eusa_clap

I had to nominate for pic of the month the close up pic of the flower showing the pod :)

Very pretty flowers!

#62 glev

glev

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:13 PM

The petals already dropped off my first flower and the pod looks a bit dusty and the crown is pointing up.. is it possible that this one is ready to harvest only one day after the petals dropped? Oh, and thanks for the compliments guys! In the second pic you see my tallest flower, it is about 2 1/2 feet tall and with three pods on it. i am proud of this one, it wasnt affected by the nute burn either, the leaves dont have a dead spot anywhere on them... probably the best genetics of the bunch. These seeds are the afghanistan special from Izmirpoppy.com very pricey for seeds... but now i dont regret it.. I paid 85 dollars for 3 grams of the afghan and a few grams of persian blues were thrown in for free. I know that is very expensive, but I love these beautiful flowers.

Attached Thumbnails

• poppies 186.jpg
  • poppies 189.jpg

#63 yerbaadam

yerbaadam

SpectraL veNtriloQuist

• Expired Member
  • 782 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:48 PM

WoW!
No THATS the pic of the month that first shot just above. I can't stand what that plant seems to keep doing to people I love, but man, it sure is a looker!

KeEp THis IntereSting ProJEct PumPing.
>Your friend,'
NaSCar denDriTE duDLEy

#64 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:13 PM

not ready yet.
the green will turn bluish.

#65 wendal

wendal

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 431 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:29 PM

Ambitious! Lookin' great....really fucking healthy for indoors....hydroponic to boot~ :eusa_clap

#66 glev

glev

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:31 PM

you wont believe this, but it straightened out and gained almost a foot today.. technically my tallest flower was just about 2 feet, and looked like when it stood totally straight it would be almost 2 1/2 so i said it was 2/1 now it is 2 feet 9 inches easilly. thanks for your reply hippie3, I will wait till the color changes..i think that one will be my biggest pod.

#67 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:33 PM

indeed
but it bears mentioning
that in terms of
smokable opium
the yield will be virtually nil.

but if one consumes the pods/lettuce
there'll be a few doses.

#68 glev

glev

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:40 PM

The secrets to healty indoor poppies from my experience: Use cold water in the reservoirs, a ph of 7 seems fine. dont over do the nutes, you could do 1 tsp of each when using GH 3 series the whole way through i think. use as many airstones and pumps as you can afford/fit. Flouro light is fine as long as its within inches and covering EVERY part of the tops of plants.. I highly recommend the high intensity flouro t5s. Dont let it get much above 70 degrees in the room, but if you can get it down around 60 degrees at night, even better.. when they are fully grown they can withstand 80. Keep a fan blowing gently on them at all times. change water once a week. use superthrive 1 drop per gallon. Sow directly onto the hydroton, about 10 seeds per pot and thin to one or two plants 2 weeks after germination then thin to one per pot when they get close to eachother. dont touch the roots. make sure to lower the water level when the roots grow down. you want about 60 percent of the dangling roots in the water and 40 percent in the air. dont mist the plants. in the beginning keep the water level high enough to keep the rocks wet, but they dont have to look wet.. hydroton will look dry when it isnt sometimes.. if your water level is touching 1/2 inch or so on the bottom of the pot you're ok. even in hydro you need 6 inches of room per plant. persian whites are the best indoor for their size. if you want big plants do 12/12 light for the first 50 days or so, then 24hr light for a few days and then drop to 16light 8 dark for the rest of the way. thats all for now. if you want small plants fairly quickly you can do 16/8 lights the whole way through.

#69 glev

glev

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:41 PM

indeed
but it bears mentioning
that in terms of
smokable opium
the yield will be virtually nil.

but if one consumes the pods/letture
there'll be a few doses.

I have 20-30 pods, you dont think milking daily for 4 days and saving it will result in enough to smoke?

#70 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:46 PM

nope.
maybe a puff, a taste.

but latex is almost entirely water,
30 pods milked will give maybe a match-head of opium tar.

#71 glev

glev

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:02 PM

I followed burabbit from poppies.org and he seemed to say different, he had about 40 taz pods that he said when milked would give him a whole night worth of smoke. I also have 16 persian whites which should be flowering in a month.. Well, maybe I'll just let these be and appreciate them for their beauty then.. it's better anyhow, I will follow the laws, though here in the netherlands, i believe you can harvest a small amount from a personal garden without any real legal trouble.

#72 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:08 PM

about 40 taz pods that he said when milked would give him a whole night worth of smoke

i reckon that would depend on tolerance,
what constitutes one whole nights' worth
is rather subjective.
that many pods would give a taste and a mellow buzz
so i can believe him.
but still i'd bet it was less than 1 gram, if that,
of real opium tar off 40 pods.

#73 glev

glev

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:17 PM

I believe you, and of course it is subjective. Some strains are signifcantly higher yield than others.. Izmir recommends this strain as their highest yield. I will have over 40 pods after the persians open up.. I think I will just admire their beauty then since its not worth slicing them. I would say this was a successful experiment either way. I dont know what i will grow next..i've always loved poppies, they are my favorite thing I've grown. At least my thumb isnt black, i did ok. ;)

#74 glev

glev

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:21 PM

For the record, I never have belonged to poppies.org and it seems the mods there are dicks. The registration is always closed and the users they do have ask the same questions over and over again and dont seem to know what they are doing except for a few of them.. I have read most of what is available there and if anyone wants to grwo hydro poppies, just follow this thread, it is the best of what is offered on that site after I combed through the posts many times. I'm proud to be a member of this site where info can be freely exchanged. Perhaps we can have a poppies section made here as there are probably many others like me who wanted a place to learn but were locked out from porg. I trust hippies advie, and now I have learned a bit to share as well. This was my second poppy grow ever.

#75 poppies_plz

poppies_plz

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:02 PM

so how many poppies does one need to have a good night. i'm just starting my hydo experiment. just got my seeds today. i've got a few different strains. persian white and persian blue. giganteum, hen and chicks and they also sent danish flags, which i'm not sure produces opium or not. anyway i just wanted to know how many you would recomend planting to have a harvest worth talking about

#76 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:25 PM

i'd want 100 pods minimum for smoke

#77 glev

glev

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 02:43 AM

poppies plz.. If I were you I would only grow the persian whites and persian blues unless you have a ton of room to do all of them.. For indoors hydroponics gigs are just too big usually, i never heard a successful gig hydro grow.. hens and chicks take quite a bit longer to flower...and danish flags do produce opium but i dont know much about them.. the persians can get up to 3-4 feet tall quite easily and you really dont need or want anything bigger than that indoors i would think. Also they are known for their high yield. Hens and chicks i have seen grown indoors and they do have high yield but like i said they can take more than a month longer, its no fun and it can mess up your light cycle.

#78 poppies_plz

poppies_plz

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:04 PM

so how many plants do i need to plant. i'm planning on planting a few outside, but my space for growing is limited. i want to try hydroponic, so i need to know how many plants i need so i can design a hydro system for what i need. glen have you ever tried a drip system. i was thinking about doing the stacked 6 inch plastic pipe thing. looks like you used the rubber maid contain resevoir type. any thoughts anyone

#79 glev

glev

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 02:23 AM

How many plants you need is like hippie3 said, as many as possible. i would think my setup would provide someone without an opiate tolerance a suitable experience..dwc is the only hydro seup ive used.. I have about 18 plants going in the setup u see here, but I have another 18 persians going in a different one.. theyre about a month off..36 plants total about 50-60 pods probably maybe 70-80.. will be my final out come.. I would recommend doing about 40 plants in an ebb and flow table using the 5 inch square ebb and flow pots with a high intensity light above.. it has to be in a cold room.. in the beginning you dont want temps over 70, preferably lower though. You could just do my setup if you wish too, its 14 gallon rubbermaid containers with 6 plants in each. if anyone is interested, I would be willing to make them these systems and ship it to them...for a reasonable fee.

#80 glev

glev

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 01:39 PM

enjoy

Attached Thumbnails

• poppies 237.jpg
  • poppies 224.jpg
  • poppies 239.jpg

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!