Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:24 PM

correction: 1 tablespoon of lye for each 10g MHRB

#22 steeq

steeq

Searching....

• Expired Member
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:27 PM

Never done a freeze precip. before but what I read on hear is that a home freezer is ok, but it needs to be able to freeze ice cream hard. I would imagine if you set your freezer to the coldest setting you would be fine.

#23 steeq

steeq

Searching....

• Expired Member
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:30 PM

Lysergic,

Has your friend been able to break through with the spice he has? I was wondering what would be considered a normal dose of this here spice in order to break through.

Also, has anyone tried this tek with the freeze precipitation method? How did the final product look?

Thanks

#24 ZED

ZED

DeusMeTocou

• Expired Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:42 PM

i also would ask it... how did u took the crystals off the dishes...

#25 lysergic

lysergic

Down on the Pharm

• Expired Member
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:24 PM

Yes, a home freezer will work. A razor blade seems to work well for scraping the dishes.

Lysergic,

Has your friend been able to break through with the spice he has? I was wondering what would be considered a normal dose of this here spice in order to break through.

Also, has anyone tried this tek with the freeze precipitation method? How did the final product look?

Thanks

I don't think this tek has been tried with a freeze precipitation. I would imagine that it would result in a somewhat whiter product (but no cool looking crystal formations).

My foaf, and many other foafs have had many breakthroughs with spice that was acquired like this. I'm not sure what the weight of normal breakthrough dose would be because my foaf is very experienced with eyeballing doses of it. Recently, however, 50mg was weighed as a reference, and I can say with great certainty that it takes much less (probably ~1/2 as much) than 50 mg to break through with spice like this. Neither my foaf or any of his foafs have ever smoked a dose that came close to 50 mg of it (that is if this scale was correct).

My foaf usually loads a medium sized "bump," or a pile a little bit larger than the eraser on a pencil into his machine with astounding results...

#26 nabrxx

nabrxx

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 109 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 02:52 PM

First of ...great tek. I'm wondering, can you mix the bark with the distilled water...THEN blend? It might do a better job, and what do you think about blending it with the lye mixed in too? Also where did you order the bark from? I've heard of folks who ordered weak stuff, I'd like to have the best chance possible with the best bark. Thanks!

#27 chimpman

chimpman

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:14 PM

Will the naphtha still absorbed the spice if it is not hot?

#28 lysergic

lysergic

Down on the Pharm

• Expired Member
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:21 PM

Will the naphtha still absorbed the spice if it is not hot?

Yes...heating it just increases its carrying capacity so to speak.

#29 EcuadorianMush

EcuadorianMush

GrowGrowGrow

• Free Member
  • 269 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:52 AM

Where can i find MHBR
any website ?

#30 steeq

steeq

Searching....

• Expired Member
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:22 PM

www.bouncingbearbotanicals.com they are a sponsor here and have treated me right.

#31 JanissaryJames

JanissaryJames

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:32 PM

my FOAF would just like to say... great tek!
after much research, they used this tek as a guide with a little bit of improvisation and small bits from other teks.
this is my FOAF's first pull from 1/2 lb of MHRB that was rextalised to remove oils and then freeze precipd. very clean I think for my FOAF's first attempt! ( I believe my FOAF'S bark originated from bouncingbear. )

IMG_0577.JPG
  • Frequency likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!