• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 06:30 PM

Antipoleez: Eliminates alcohol tobacco breath / Get rid of alcohol, tobacco or food breath

#2 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,988 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 April 2008 - 06:55 PM

Still no cure for this my friend...

Attached Thumbnails

• Hipster.jpg

#3 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 06:56 PM

a good lawyer can get that fixed.

#4 chimp

chimp

Space Lord Modulator

• Expired Member
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 07:04 PM

Still no cure for this my friend...

LMAO:lol:

#5 wildburr

wildburr

Wildest of Burrs

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,657 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:06 PM

Man I wish I had that before I got my DUI.

#6 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• Expired Member
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:23 PM

:lol: @ Roc!

I agree Hip, Fuck em!
:horse:

#7 ShroomGuerilla

ShroomGuerilla

Myco-Monkey

• Expired Member
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:32 PM

Doesn't booze-stink emanate from your pores in some cases? Like if you get hammered from drinking beer, you'll smell like a booze-hound no matter what your breath smells like.. Either way, good invention all-around. :pirate:

#8 waffleinajar

waffleinajar

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:43 PM

Theres no way in hell this will work on a breathalizer

#9 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:57 PM

they don't give a breathalyzer if they don't smell alcohol
maybe.
apparently it works good enough
to get the tv news folks raising hell.
get it while you can,
they'll soon be out of business.

#10 CoyoteMesc

CoyoteMesc

howling mad

• Expired Member
  • 4,313 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:07 PM

Theres no way in hell this will work on a breathalizer

I dont know about your laws in your area but around here a few drinks wont fail a breathalyser. The product says to eliminate the smell from a few drinks, not fifteen ...lol

You had a few drinks and don’t want others to know you did? Your spouse hates smell of cigarettes or alcohol in your breath? You just had a tuna sandwich and were called to an unexpected meeting with your boss?

#11 hairry

hairry

almost a harvester

• Expired Member
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:35 PM

I was about to go off on the fact drunk drivers should go to jail but "a few drinks" is way different than drunk.

Be responsible please,
thanks
hairry

#12 Alan Rockefeller

Alan Rockefeller

Mycologist

• OG VIP
  • 1,999 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:40 PM

I wonder if this really works, they don't give any indication as to what is in it.

I doubt it. All the testimonials seem fake.

#13 CoyoteMesc

CoyoteMesc

howling mad

• Expired Member
  • 4,313 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:44 PM

I have a cousin that was at a tail gate party (not at football field either, a real tail gate, one about 25 miles in the country) one of the guys got hurt and needed medical attention. Everyone was drinking that night. My cousin got a DUI that night cause he drove the dude to the hospital.
He wasn't drunk but they smelled the alcohol on his breath at the hospital. At the time he was a minor and there is a no tolerance law here for minors. Just the smell of alcohol got him a DUI!

#14 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:57 AM

I wonder if this really works, they don't give any indication as to what is in it.

I doubt it. All the testimonials seem fake.

CNN seems to think it's real enough.
so does Fox.
FOXNews.com - Alcohol-Busting Breath Mint 'AntiPoleez' Raising Eyebrows - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News
apparently the active ingredient is
ammonium chloride

#15 Looky

Looky

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,873 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 11:04 AM

I just have to chime in with the title. Fuck the pigs!

A friend called me early this morning asking me if I new a really good lawyer. I told him it depends. He said it was for traffic, I assumed it was a DUI, but it was for speeding tickets. He said he got a ticket a couple months ago for speeding, the he got another one about a month ago, and then he just got one 10 prior to calling me for going I think he said 60 in a 30 or 25. Something like that. Here in VA they passed a law that 20+ over is a $3000 fine. Can you believe that shit? They are in the process of removing that new law, but as far as I know they haven't done so. He said this ticket will get his license yanked. Anyway, long story short, gave him the name and # of a good lawyer and I'm sure he'll be fine. Tole him he needs to slow his ass down.

With the smell thing, for me it seeps out my pores when I drink. Even if I only have a couple for some reason it always comes out my pores. Probably an indication my liver is shot or something.

#16 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 02:19 PM

Posted Image

#17 wildburr

wildburr

Wildest of Burrs

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,657 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 April 2008 - 03:43 PM

CNN seems to think it's real enough.
so does Fox.
FOXNews.com - Alcohol-Busting Breath Mint 'AntiPoleez' Raising Eyebrows - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News
apparently the active ingredient is
ammonium chloride

Safety data for ammonium chloride

General

Synonyms: amchlor, ammoneric, sal ammoniac, ammonium muriate, darammon, sal ammonia, salammonite, salmiac
Molecular formula: NH4Cl
CAS No: 12125-02-9
EC No: 235-186-4
EC index no: 017-014-00-8 Physical data

Appearance: white crystalline powder
Melting point: ca. 340 C (sublimes)
Boiling point:
Vapour density: 1.9
Vapour pressure: 1 mm Hg at 160 C
Specific gravity: 1.527
Flash point:
Explosion limits:
Autoignition temperature:
Stability

Stable. Incompatible with strong acids, strong bases.
Toxicology

Harmful if swallowed. May be harmful by inhalation. Skin, eye and respiratory irritant. Typical TLV 10 mg m-3 Typical STEL 20 mg m-3 Toxicity data

ORL-INF LDLO 2000 mg kg-1
ORL-RAT LD50 1650 mg kg-1
IMS-RAT LD50 30 mg kg-1
UNR-RAT LD50 550 mg kg-1

(These are ppm values, seems like it would be a little dangerous to use)

#18 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 04:51 PM

ammonium chloride is already widely used for a variety of purposes, many are edible.

uses include a feed supplement for cattle, in hair shampoo, in textile printing, in the glue that bonds plywood, as an ingredient in nutritive media for yeast, in cleaning products, and as cough medicine.

n several countries sal ammoniac is used to spice up liquorice-type dark candies (Finland's salmiakki, Sweden's lakrisal, the Netherlands' zoute drop and the Danish Dracula Piller are popular examples), and as a flavoring for vodkas.

Ammonium chloride is used as an expectorant, diuretic and systemic acidifying agent. It is used in the treatment of severe metabolic alkalosis, to maintain the urine at an acid pH in the treatment of some urinary-tract disorders or in forced acid diuresis.

#19 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,988 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 April 2008 - 08:10 PM

DAMN I better check my ph the next time I take a leak!

#20 Beast

Beast

That's Mr. Beast to you..

• Expired Member
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 10:01 PM

I'm not so sure that stuff is going to work on a breathalyser. Maybe it will help if someone tries to smell your breath, but that's not how a breath analysis machine works, apparently.

Breathalyzer

Seems that the alcohol in your breath is what is detected by these devices, not alcohol diffusing through your mouth membranes (mouth alcohol). Mouth alcohol is what seems to be affected by the Antipoleez, and maybe would help with stomach fumes as well, but if it doesn't have an affect on your overall BAC, then its not going to affect the alcohol unloaded into your breath via alveoli in your lungs.

That wiki article is chock full of good info, btw. I wish I'd read it before going to trial on my DUI. Seems that not only are breathalysers need calibration and maintenance, but also that about 25% or more of average joes will test abnormally high or low. Also diabetics or other people with irregular insulin levels can test falsely. Holding your breath or hyperventilating also can greatly alter the results of the breathalyser too (wish i'd known it that one unfortunate night).

Regardless of what comes out of your lungs, if you're wobbly for the field sobriety test, or pulled over for driving funny, you're screwed. Even Paris Hilton couldn't get out of it.

Seems a much safer bet to just say DON'T DRIVE DRUNK!!!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!