9 replies to this topic

#1 wildburr

wildburr

Wildest of Burrs

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,657 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:13 PM

As of now I have been doing BRF cakes and smaller Bulk subs (mini trays) which are easy to dunk between flushes if needed. I'm getting ready to do a larger bulk sub ( about 12" x 18", maybe 2" to 3" deep). What would be the best way to keep it watered as to not dry out, and keep up the humidity between and during flushes? I would think it would be a little difficult to dunk something that large. Also realizing it would'nt be a TiT where I could use perlite to keep up the humidity.

#2 Mycotope

Mycotope

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 12:09 AM

If you are doing a monotub then perlite is not needed at all, anywhere. As far as dunking a large sub simple buy two of the same tubes you are using to fruit, Take out the polyfill in the one you are using to fruit put the whole thing w/ sub in the tub and fill it with water. Then take the other tub put it on top of the colonized substarte and fill that with water. After the dunk, take the top tub off, and raise the tub with the substrate in it out of the water to drain. Put the pollyfill back in maybe case again and walah it dunked. and ready to go

#3 rocketman

rocketman

Mycotopiate

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,602 posts

Donator

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:17 AM

bathtub and garden hoses have been used successfully. not really a dunk but a flooding. works well on subs that tend to break apart.

#4 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,539 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 April 2008 - 03:56 AM

Try doing your straw in a milk crate, find a rubbermaid container it will fit into, and you have yourself an instant fruiting/dunk chamber. Drill a 1" hole in the bottome for co2 escape while fruiting, and use a cork in the hole for dunking. Sooshane's invention, and works BADASS!

#5 dragonstud725

dragonstud725

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 397 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 06:01 AM

Try doing your straw in a milk crate, find a rubbermaid container it will fit into, and you have yourself an instant fruiting/dunk chamber. Drill a 1" hole in the bottome for co2 escape while fruiting, and use a cork in the hole for dunking. Sooshane's invention, and works BADASS!

That is a awesome idea i am going to have to give it a try:rasta:

#6 sooshane

sooshane

Hi!

• Expired Member
  • 142 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 06:12 AM

Something like this... the crates lift out nicely. A hole in the bottom of the tub makes for easy drainage. It was OneDiaDems Idea :)

Attached Thumbnails

• thebins.JPG
  • inside bin.JPG
  • binout.JPG

#7 feralronin

feralronin

Professional Amateur

• Expired Member
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 11:30 AM

that is one badass idea. gotta try that one out.

#8 rocketman

rocketman

Mycotopiate

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,602 posts

Donator

Posted 11 April 2008 - 12:34 PM

archive material when thread is complete dunking bulk subs

#9 wildburr

wildburr

Wildest of Burrs

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,657 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 April 2008 - 12:59 PM

sooshane, Is that Visqueen (plastic sheet) with holes in it covering the tubs. I think I will try this out with Poo Straw and coir. Thanks for a pretty damn cool idea. :bow: :headbang:

#10 ShroomGuerilla

ShroomGuerilla

Myco-Monkey

• Expired Member
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 02:12 PM

Something like this... the crates lift out nicely. A hole in the bottom of the tub makes for easy drainage. It was OneDiaDems Idea :)

Very nice setup and amazing idea. Gotta go lurk around the back of my local grocery stores soon.:pirate:

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!