1 liter jar

spring water

a dash of 99% DL tartaric acid powder

spoon

ph meter

magnetic stirrer and stir bar

40 watt red light from a pet shop and a lamp to hold it

blacklight

2 long glass pipettes (fill one with tap water and fill the other with water from your extraction after about 45 min to 1 hour--put both in front of blacklight to compare)

Edited by Sidestreet, 05 September 2016 - 07:46 AM.

#2 tregar

tregar

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 640 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:02 PM

Do all of this under low light conditions or better yet put a 40 watt red light (the kind for watching reptiles as they sleep from a pet store) into a nearby lamp....as the red light will not harm the fragile ergolines which are destroyed by light, oxygen(air) and chlorine. Sunlight is especially detrimental.

1. take 8 grams of MG seeds and put them inside a paper plate. Fold the edges of the paper plate over. Hammer the seeds on top of concrete with a good hammer or mallet with iron/steel head.

2. when the seeds are crushed then put them into your electric coffee grinder and grind them down to a super fine powder.

3. empty out a familly sized lipton tea bag.

4. put the finely crushed seed powder into the empty tea bag.

5. staple the tea bag shut with 2 to 3 staples.

6. Fill a liter jar halfway up with cold spring water (do not use tap water as it has chlorine and will destroy ergolines on contact). Put a tiny dash of DL tartaric acid powder (see ebay it is used for wine making) into the water to acidify it to ph=4...this helps extract the goodies and also helps form tartaric salts from the alkaloids so they are better absorbed by body fluids. Measure the ph of the water with a good ph meter...do not go below ph = 4. You could use lemon juice (citric acid) as a substitue. Or even ascorbic acid (vitamin C).

7. drop your teabag into the top of the water.

8. trap the string in the lid so that the teabag is suspended above the stir magnet. Better yet drill a tiny hole in the center of the lid to trap the teabag string and seal it with a drop of hot glue from a $7.00 hot glue gun from hobby lobby. This will help to keep the teabag centered right above the stir magnet so it can spin freely.

9. put the jar of water onto your magnetic stirrer and drop the stir bar in.

10. turn on the stirrer. After the stir bar gets going, turn it up as high as it will go...you want to have the water spinning as fast as possible. Maximize the spinning of the stir bar. I had mine stirring so fast that my computer monitor (CRT) started to flicker from the magnetic activity 2 feet away!

11. watch as the water-soluble polar white actives stream out of the teabag into the water. This will go on for 20 to 30 minutes. It will look like a funnel cloud or tornado of white salty looking material (the good stuff).

12. the nonpolar (nauseating) oily crap will stay inside the teabag and will not go into the water so long as your extraction does not drag on for too long (over an hour or more).

13. The extraction will have zero to low nausea since the nauseating non-water soluble crap stays in the teabag.

14. After about 30 to 45 minutes take the jar off the stir plate and put the jar in the fridge to sit for another 15 to 20 minutes. Throw away the teabag after it has sat in fridge for 20 minutes. During this time in the fridge shake the jar 3 times and/or press a spoon gently against the teabag and inside of glass jar to squeeze any actives in the bag out of it. At the end of 20 minutes throw the teabag into the trash.

15. you will be left with a crystal clear to tan colored water with polar white actives floating all in it. If for some reason you let your jar sit in the fridge (after the teabag has been thrown away in the trash) for several hours...you will be able to see a layer of white polar active material congregate along the bottom of the jar.

16. Take the jar of water and blend it in a blender for 3 minutes to help chop up any polar actives (optional). I always do this.

17. Keep foil wrapped around your jar so it is not exposed to light.

18. Put a 12" long pipette (the same one I used for mescaline extraction) and drop it into the top of the water and draw it up with the extraction water. Take another 12" long pipette and draw up plain water from the sink. Put both pipettes in front of a long 4 foot blacklight tube inside a dark room.

19. IF YOU WERE SUCCESSFUL, the 12" long glass pipette full of the extraction water will glow a beautiful bright bluish/white color (just as LSD does). The extracted active indoles glow bluish/white under fluorescence. The water from the sink in the other pipette will not glow. Hold them side by side.

20. Drink the extracted water or a portion of it in dreams to experience the effects. It takes 2 to 2.5 hours for the effects to begin unlike LSD which hits in 45 minutes.

#3 tregar

tregar

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 640 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:10 PM

Photo 1 is the beginning.

Photo 2 is after about 15 minutes of stirring.

Photo 3 shows a 4 foot long blacklight and on the left is a pipette full of plain water from the sink (it does not glow) and on the right is a pipette full of the extracted water after 30 minutes to 1 hour. It glows a beautiful bright bluish/white color indicating that it is active.

This was done with seeds from 2006 (several years old) imagine how much more it would have glowed had I used fresh seeds.

Attached Thumbnails

• MG3.jpg
  • MG2.jpg
  • MG1.jpg

#4 tregar

tregar

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 640 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:13 PM

I'll post a report from the above extraction (done today) later tonight. It has been 1.5 hour and I feel it working allready.

In the meantime here is last year's report:

I once did a cold water extraction on 3 grams of MG seeds and also acidified the water to pH = 4 with a dash of 99% DL tartaric acid powder for wine making from ebay.

I put the finely crushed seed powder (ground up with short bursts in an electric coffee grinder) into an empty teabag then stapled it shut and put the bag in 1/2 liter of distilled cold water on top a magnetic stirrer for 20 minutes. I dropped the stirrer into the jar of water and suspended the teabag in the water by trapping the string from the teabag in a tiny hole I drilled in the center of the closed lid. I sealed the hole in the lid with glue from a hot glue gun (hobby lobby). This allowed the teabag to spin like crazy under the stir bar while allowing a funnel cloud of white actives to pour out of it (very visible). I put aluminum foil around the jar to shield it from light.

For 20 minutes I watched as a tornado of white polar actives exited the teabag and went into the water as the stir bar spun on high setting. The result was a crystal clear extraction (none of the nauseating non-polars got into the water as they are not water soluble) with tons of white polar actives in the water that looked like salt. So long as your extraction does not go on for too long, the nauseating nonpolars will stay inside the teabag. When the stirring stopped, the white polar actives (like salt) would congregate on the bottom of the jar 1/4" thick and would go back into suspension by shaking the jar with lid closed.

After 20 minutes (when I could notice no more actives streaming out of the teabag) I put the jar with teabag still hanging in it into the fridge for another 25 minutes to soak some more. I shook the jar about 3 times during that period. After the 25 minutes was up, I opened the jar and threw away the teabag. Then I took the jar of water and blended it in a blender for 3 minutes to help chop and mix the polar white material at the bottom of the jar into the water.

I drew up some of the crystal clear water from the top of the liter jar with a medicine dropper full of the water and put it in front of a 4 foot blacklight tube and it glowed an intense bluish-white color telling me that my extraction was successful.

I can't stress enough how helpful it is to test some of your solution under a blacklight. The indoles in the extraction glow bright whitish blue just as LSD does.

I drank the water and felt the effects in 2 to 2.5 hours. I went from a foul mood to profound euphoria--felt like the mental effects of LSD with the euphoria without many visuals, however my hearing and sense of smell was enhanced significantly. I was in a shopping mall when the effects hit--all the sudden I felt it coming on and I announced to my wife how good I was feeling. The women trying on clothes in changing room would come out to look at themselves in the mirror in the pavilion and they seemed to transform into models. I found it hard not to watch as the euphoria increased. We passed by several speakers blasting out music and I just wanted to stop and sit under the speakers because the music sounded so good. My hearing and appreciation of music was increased by a huge factor. We went to more stores and again I was super-impressed with music. It felt similar to a small dose of mdma. The anti-depressant effects were very high and I could not believe that the seed extraction was working so well. We passed by a bath and body and the smells coming from the store were again intensified. I was a grinning idiot from ear to ear. I went from a bad mood when I drank it to a state of ecstasy when it kicked in nearly 2.5 hours later, the transformation was amazing...I hadn't felt so good in a very long time. The extraction worked and the mental effects were amazing. The beautiful effects lasted a few hours and then subsided. I thank God for that amazing afternoon.

Would complement Mescaline doses very nicely, plan to combine in the future.

In my on-going research to understand how hydrolization (water extract) of morning glory seeds work, I found this article by chemist Peter Webster very helpful (see pages 25-35).

http://earthrites.or....eltane07sm.pdf

Water extraction of the seeds was also the method used by the Shaman's for thousands of years.

In the article, the chemist who has had experience with the seeds describes how water extraction causes via epimerisation 3 conformation forms of LSA/iso-LSA to form hence the enhanced activity via water extraction when performed correctly. The ultra potent chair form of LSD is then compared with the chair form of iso-LSA (formed in water after about 45 minutes to 1 hour) and conclusions are made. 3 ergine variants formed from ergine in the water over the course of an hour or so may just result in a mixture that is so effective according to him.

Peter proved his theory by hydrolizing migraine tablets.

It is interesting as Peter points out that water extractions of Ergot (the proposed method used in ancient Rome at the Telestrion for the initiates) is the same method used by the Shaman's in South America for MG seeds.

Peter's experiments with Migraine tablets towards the end of the paper prove his theory. He hydrolized (soaked them in water) the tablets to make them psychedelic...whereas they have no psychedelic activity when eaten (even up to 5 tablets).

It helps to read towards the end of the paper his experiments with migraine tablets and how he was able to make them psychedelic by hydrolizing them in water with a small amount of ash, then he neutralized the ash with acidic acid to make it palatable.

Eating the migraine tablets had zero psychedelic effects even up to 5 tablets as he has a prescription (for years). Yet when he hydrolized them with water he created an equilibrium state between the ergine/isoergine in the water and they become psychedelic when the water was drunk. The more tablets he hydrolized, the stronger the psychedelic effects.

His theory is that an extra conformation is formed by ergine (LSA) while in the water for an hour or more--A portion of the LSA changes into iso-LSA chair conformation. It just so happens that LSD is super potent only as the chair conformation. Comparisons are then made between the activity of the chair conformations vs. the boat conformations. The chair conformation of iso-LSA which is formed by ergine after an hour or more in water is believed by him to have potency since it is locked into this conformation and will not flip back to the inactive boat form.

3 drugs conformations are created in water or solution. This epimerisation happens with all lysergic acid derivatives in solution. The equilibrium between the 3 conformations takes some time to complete about an hour. Then stabilizes. Then it can be taken into the brain to elicit its activity.

I had to read the paper several times to understand it.

The water extraction was the method used by the Shamans for thousands of years...they did not eat the seeds. Eating the seeds is also somatically unpleasant and nauseating and detracts from the psychedelic effects imho.

I agree with Xorkoth (forum mod from another forum) and include his quote here as it provides a fair description of the effects:

Xorkoth:

As for LSA, I find it to be definitely more sedating and more natural feeling than LSD. If you can get past the nausea, you'll enter into a wonderful trip which generally is much less visual than LSD, but includes instead feelings of extreme euphoria and closeness with nature. I've never tried high doses of either, but while I enjoy LSD more for various reasons, I find LSA to be very enjoyable as well. But unless you can make a damn good extraction, you'll first experience nausea on a level above that which most psychedelics give.

#5 tregar

tregar

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 640 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 03:03 PM

Photo 4 shows a few of the supplies. Coffee grinder not shown.

Photo 5 shows a closeup of the DL tartaric acid powder.

Photo 6 shows at the top the extraction water that glows bright bluish/white and below it a sample of plain tap water that does not glow...blacklight at the bottom.

Attached Thumbnails

• MG6.jpg
  • MG5.jpg
  • MG4.jpg

#6 thomash

thomash

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 03:03 PM

i read that by adding a few drops peppermint oil to an lsa extract you can convert the lsa to lsh which is supposedly more visual

#7 The Wizard

The Wizard

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 03:22 PM

If I soak the teabag of seeds in the water but don't stir it will the end product be less potent than if I had stirred it?

And are you guys positive that if I do a water extraction of Morning Glories it will probably be more potent than if I were to simply swallow the ground seeds? I don't mind the nausea of eating the seeds so the only reason I'd do the water extraction you all describe is if it gives me a better trip

#8 tregar

tregar

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 640 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 03:25 PM

It has been 2 hours and I feel wonderful allready...euphoria is creeping in and I walked outside and it was amazing....I will type a report later tonight. I've turned some music on.

Yes experiments with peppermint oil and wine additions are encouraged. Lysergic acid hydroxyethylamide is another exciting path to look into.

Not stirring the teabag may make it less potent, yes.

I stir it on a labplate so I can visually view the white polar actives stream out of the teabag...you can see this happen for a good 20 minutes or so.
  • sunshine likes this

#9 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,927 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 April 2008 - 03:40 PM

Hello All. Great Thread.
As a devotee of hallucinogens, esp. LSD, I am of course quite interested in LSA extraction from MG. I have read somewhere that MG seeds were contraindicated for people with Liver Problems ( Hep C, etc. )
My question is; If the LSA is extracted does that remove the Liver Load from the equation or is LSA itself harmful to the Liver?
I am about to try mescaline for the first time shortly and will order MG seeds ASAP if the extraction removes the undesirables.

Good to see you Tregar!
Have a great one all! :headbang:
:bow::bow:
:weedpoke:

#10 tregar

tregar

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 640 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:13 PM

Suffice to say, it was quite mild so I bumped it up by adding 80 mg of recrystallized mescaline hcl...now I'm doing quite well !

Mescaline never fails to work...morning glory you just never know.

I'll have to get back to you on the lsa and liver question, I don't have an answer to that one.

If anyone has any luck with morning glory let us know...I used 2 year old seeds on this one and it could have been stronger. But thankfully the mescaline gave me what I was looking for.

Mescaline and LSD are just so damn superpotent when compared to MG imho.

Anyways here it is several hours after taking the mescaline and I feel the best I've felt in months--mescaline is just incredible! Even at just 80mg hcl crystal, colors are beautiful and bolder, everything is way more interesting than it normally is...and music is just wonderful...feeling very nice. Euphoric and pleasant indeed, with added boost of energy...what more could you ask for.

Four hours post mescaline and the music is carrying me to new heights..when I stare at a spot and meditate the visual trailing causes the boundaries to disappear and a whirpool of trailing colors to blind the material objects in the way. I could not be happier.

#11 MycoChondria

MycoChondria

Intellectually Immortal

• OG VIP
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 08:09 PM

Tregar, that was a very lucid and easily understood explanation. Thank you!

My FOAF has tried MGs several times over the years, but never without the nausea. She will definitely give this a try once a cheap stir-plate has been procured.

#12 MycoChondria

MycoChondria

Intellectually Immortal

• OG VIP
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 10:53 PM

Tregar, my FOAF did the CWE this morning. Something interesting was noticed in the color of the solution when looked at at different points in time:

1) after 45min on magnetic stirrer, the solution looked yellowish-greenish (just like your pic). The jar was put in the fridge so it could contemplate itself...

2) after 10 hours in the fridge she looked at the jar. She did not see any separation or precipitate-like matter at the bottom of the jar (hmmm...puzzling my FOAF thinks). The color of the solution was definitely tan. Ok , she tries something else now...

3) ...she adds a pinch of citric acid, plus 2 drops of peppermint oil. It was then put on the stirring plate for 30 minutes, then stowed back into the fridge.

4) ~2 hours later, she looked at the jar again. The contents were now not tan, but a distinctly reddish color. Also, a precipitate layer was clearly visible. Attached pic #1 shows the jar in normal light (precipitate layer clearly visible), and pic #2 shows the same jar under blacklight using the "nightshot" mode of her camera.

My FOAF knows she'll need to repeat the CWE and see if adding citric acid/peppermint on the first stir cycle causes the reddish color right away, but is there something going on here that you've seen before or read about elsewhere?

Thanks again for the info...priceless! :bow:

Attached Thumbnails

• $two.jpg
  • $one.jpg

#13 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:06 PM

Wow . my MG cold water extract came out the same color :headbang::cool:
although not sure why it becomes this color

IME this was a very active extraction

another great informative MGlory thread Tregar :)

Attached Thumbnails

• freezer.jpg
  • dark evap.jpg

#14 MycoChondria

MycoChondria

Intellectually Immortal

• OG VIP
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:14 PM

Bri, thanks for sharing that...my FOAF wasn't sure what she was looking at. So the red color is expected because of the acid+peppermint, or would one see it anyway?

More experiments are in order, and perhaps a monkey we know will try some this weekend.

#15 zola

zola

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:15 AM

Thanks for the process. I had been wandering for the same. It would favour me a lot. I would surely like to implement.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!