even if longhaired and tye-dyed
still they only see the young

#42 taoistshredder

taoistshredder

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 550 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 07:51 AM

You should look into the early uses of ergot by Christians and Jews.
http://www.bluehoney...ntheoChrist.htm
I don't know how factual it is, but I think there's a good argument for all religion having a basis in enethogens; my roomate did a paper on it a few years back.

#43 Guest_pissybee_*

Guest_pissybee_*

Posted 13 May 2005 - 07:52 AM

Workin on it, Hippie, LOL... Also, you don't stick out like a sore thumb with dreads and tie-dyes on Dead lot... ;)

#44 terrace the high

terrace the high

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 07:54 AM

isn't that the truth, hip.they focus on the youth... tho the other day I got mail from AARP- now, that's going too far !!!

#45 terrace the high

terrace the high

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 08:02 AM

Joey, you are so right, when the time and dose is right, you are in a state of natural grace, you just can't deny the rightness of it. I believe that psychedelics are exactly the evolutionary agent needed to save the human race, make us see that the the only solution is to realize our interconnectedness, between differing human tribes, between man and animal and plant and river, and to counteract this breaking down, this separation and paranoia and distrust of others with different beliefs and dress and music,may the psychedelic tribes continue their upward spiral, and may you continue your good work safely, and last, may we meet someday for MAJOR bongs and vibes. Oh, well, down to earth, first day in a new job today in a kitchen, hope it goes well! seeya, terry

#46 Guest_pissybee_*

Guest_pissybee_*

Posted 13 May 2005 - 08:12 AM

I view all the amazing psychedelics as gifts from God, whatever that(God) may be...

#47 SporeWizard

SporeWizard

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 161 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 10:36 AM

I am more of a spiritual Person, I love what chemicals Natural or UnNatural can do to your body. Take for instance Endorphines, when your Body is in pain it sends natural Pain killers (endorphines) throughout your body *Body shudders* and you get this tremedus High. ( I Like Pain ) Has anyone Hung on Hooks before, or has been throught a tribal tatooing ceremony ?? Your High the Whole time.

Same as LSD, acid, E, Micro Dots and Shrooms. I love the way it makes the body tingle and sends you off into another WonderLand.
But by far Pain and Shrooms are My favorite I seem to be more in a trance/ otherworld then anything.

#48 I_am_me

I_am_me

Odderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 11:15 AM

I view all the amazing psychedelics as gifts from God, whatever that(God) may be...

Amen. :D

#49 joey_megabucks

joey_megabucks

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 747 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 11:42 AM

great responses and thoughts guys.

terrace - you never know!

#50 joey_megabucks

joey_megabucks

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 747 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 11:43 AM

wait until your hair turns grey,
you turn almost invisible to cops
even if longhaired and tye-dyed
still they only see the young

i'm about 10% grey. got a little while to go!!

#51 dukex

dukex

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 583 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 09:05 AM

Seems to me that intention makes all the difference. I have never been one to eat it just to get high. I am always looking for something more, on a different level that could be religious or spiritual.

Peace...

#52 terrace the high

terrace the high

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 09:30 AM

for me, even when I trip to "get high", that is, to get deeply immersed in my senses, create some music, groove on visuals, go to an amusement park, enjoy the company of friends, that IS spiritual. My god says it's okay to play!!!

#53 necroth

necroth

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 10:04 AM

I trip on sister sativa and believe me, when I get to writing on it, anything I do on it, in fact, becomes like a religious ordeal. From the latenight "stoner theories" to the mid-afternoon scribbls I wake up to in my books about aliens and the rhythm of the universe (don't ask), entheogens have always been tied to religion because they open pathways in the brain that allow people to think differently, at the very least, if not connect socially to a higer consciousness.

#54 Guest_thafunkyone_*

Guest_thafunkyone_*

Posted 14 May 2005 - 12:04 PM

I got an aarp thing too...wtf? I'm quite a bit too young to join...:) I like being older and being out there now. It's cool to watch the little kids hustle and bustle...kinda like living vicariously through them. I look like a custy...:) But then ya see your old friends and tis all good.

#55 waylitjim

waylitjim

A Mirror Image

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,706 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 May 2005 - 12:10 PM

Heiny's LSD TIMELINE

Dr. Albert Hofmann first synthesized lysergic acid (LSD) trying to synthesize a drug to relieve headaches.
April 16th 1943 Dr. Hofmann wanted to do further testing with LSD, during this process he got some on his skin.
Shortly after he had done this he started to experience the effects of taking LSD.

April 19th 1943, Dr. Hofmann had an experience with LSD when he mixed 250 micrograms of LSD with water
to see if he would get the same effects. He received the same effects (much stronger). ("Famous Bicycle Ride")
which was referring to his bike ride home.

1947 Sandoz pharmaceutical, the only producer of LSD, started making the drug available under the name of "Delysid."

1949 LSD was brought to the United States for the first time.

Early 1950's London became the first site of a clinic specializing in LSD therapy.

1950's the CIA began testing of LSD to see if it could be used as a possible mind control drug or brainwashing tool.
-During testing of LSD on Army scientist, one scientist jumped from a hotel window and killed himself.
-Experiments were done to see if LSD could possibly help cure alcoholism. Later found unsuccessful.
LSD was also used to try and treat terminally ill patients. This test did show results, but it wasn't known if LSD was
decreasing the pain like a pain reliever or LSD effected the brain so much that it just made the patient forget the pain.

1953 the FDA gave Sandoz pharmaceutical permission to test LSD in the United States.
-Dr. Humphry Osmond introduced Aldous Huxley to mescaline.
-Al Hubbard, "The Johnny Appleseed of LSD," meet with Dr. Humphry Osmond and he was interested in buying some mescaline.

1954 the book The Doors of Perception, was published.

1957 Al Hubbard was given a wing at the Hollywood Hospital in New Westminster, Canada to start the study of psychedelic therapy.

1958 was the first time Alan Watts consumed LSD.

1959 Novelist, Ken Kessey and poet, Allen Ginsberg take LSD for the first time.

Late 50's U.S. soldiers were give LSD and where instructed to perform their usual war like games. (Ft. Benning, GA)

Early 1960's LSD made it to the streets.
- Word spread about LSD, Dr.'s thought it may be the wonder drug.
- there were acid parties help by Ken Kessey and the Merry Pranksters at La Honda headquarters, Palo Alto.
-Timothy Leary had sessions at Harvard where students would take LSD and document their experiences.
Leary promoted that the use of LSD would "expand consciousness."

1960's The Beatles & other rock groups discussed LSD use openly.
1960's the International Federation for Internal Freedom (IFIF) was created by Timothy Leary and Dr. Richard Alpert.
Timothy Leary started the phrase "Turn on, tune in, dropout." This phrase was to explain the LSD trip.

1962 Timothy Leary had his first test of LSD.

1963 Al Hubbard went to Timothy Leary's house wanting to exchange his LSD for the synthetic magic mushroom, psilocybin.
-Timothy Leary was fired from Harvard due to his involvement with LSD.
-Aldous Huxley's wife, Laura Huxley, gave him LSD as his wish when he was dying.
Nov. 22, 1963 Aldous Huxley dies.

May 1965 Owsley had completed his first batch of LSD and it was ready to be sold.

Mid 1960's Bob Dylan took acid for the first time.

July 1965 Hunter Thomas had agreed to take the project of writing a book about the Hell's Angels.
He was accepted to the club and proceeded to take the club on a bike trip to La Honda to experience
on of the largely talked about acid tests put on by Ken Kessey.
February 12, 1966 the Kool-Aid Test also know as the Watt's Acid test was performed.
Several people were given a kool-aid that they had no idea LSD was in, this created "Major Freak Outs."

March 1966 A law was signed into law called the Drug Abuse Control Amendment, which was signed by President Lyndon Johnson.
This law stated that "it was a felony to be in possession of "lysergic acid diethylamide, a schedule I substance."

Mid 1960's It was said that all walks of life were experimenting with LSD.

Oct. 6, 1966, in California, LSD was made illegal. The fine for a first time offender with possession of LSD was a $5,000 fine and one year in jail.
For a repeat offender the charges were much higher, a $100,000 and up to ten years in jail.
1966 The only legal supplier of LSD, Sandoz Pharmaceutical Company, stopped distributing the drug.
The entire supply of LSD production was transferred to the national Institutes of Health, who are now the only legal suppliers of LSD.

December 1967 Owsley was caught with 217 grams of LSD which was supposedly for his own consumption, he was arrested.
Late 1960's LSD was said to be the "psychedelic" drug of choice.

1971 An estimated five million American had used LSD

#56 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• OG VIP
  • 3,542 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 May 2005 - 05:09 PM

I must be lucky because I have never seen acid in any liquid other than water. $20K for a gram of crystal? I used to get white crystal (never seen any other color) all day long for $1000 a gr. Even less towards the end of a tour. I couldn't bring myself to pay $20K no way, no how. Whoever is charging that sure isn't doing it for the love.

#57 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• OG VIP
  • 3,542 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 May 2005 - 05:14 PM

Best cid I ever got was Family cid from "The Poet". The guy is probably dead now, he looked half dead when I knew him. I haven't seen the guy in 10 years or more. I miss the days of camping and just frying my brains out waiting for the show to begin. Ah, the memories...

#58 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• OG VIP
  • 3,542 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 May 2005 - 05:17 PM

I don't consider it a sacrement but more of a profound gift from science.

#59 SyntheMesc

SyntheMesc

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:51 PM

I'm skeptical of psychedelics as sacrements.

Its noteworthy to mention when I take one I receive the message that

we are all One.

All Life on Earth, in The Universe....

Even The Universe itself.

The Plants are aware.

We are here because of them, and the role they play as the ever evolving

infrastructure of The Earth, working to foster more and more complex and

intelligent beings capable of transforming The Earth in ways they never

could.

Self awareness, technology, and science serve as the catalyst of a

Planetary puberty. We are the developing reproductive system of an

adolescent planet proceeding on to maturity and eventually....

Interstellar procreation!!!!

We are but one small working part, as are the cells, and the organs of our

bodies, part of a vast, living, breathing, sentient being that is The Earth.

We are one with The Universe as well.

As we are to The Earth, The Earth is to The Universe, an impregnated egg,

soaking in the interstellar sperm that is Dna.

Think of the money shot!

Oneness is beautiful.....

But where did the sperm come from?

#60 Guest_pissybee_*

Guest_pissybee_*

Posted 22 May 2005 - 11:19 PM

my sperm... I am the creator!! :D

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!