Fisana

- - - - -

LSD [merged]

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#81 Guest_pissybee_*

Guest_pissybee_*

Posted 05 December 2005 - 11:00 PM

I was to understand that Hoffman was searching for an analog for ergotamine. This is a drug used to ease childbirth. Ergot as a fungus was used since the middle ages by mid-wives. When Hoffman accidently got some on his finger, he could not see how he could have absorbed enough to cause such an effect. A few days later he decided to do a self experement with what he thought would be the smallest amout he could expect to feel results .25mg.

He was researching medicines from egotamine, and he stumbled upon LSD by accident, since earlier tests weren't conclusive. It was not to ease childbirth, either, but ergotamine tartrate is what is known as an oxytocic, which can induce labor... It's main legitimate use is for migraine and cluster headaches... Check out http://www.flashback..._problem_child/ or http://www.psychedel...y.org/child.htm . That is the story from Hofamnn about LSD and what led up to it's discovery...

#82 Cthulhu's Tentacle

Cthulhu's Tentacle

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 04:29 PM

Heiny's LSD TIMELINE

Dr. Albert Hofmann first synthesized lysergic acid (LSD) trying to synthesize a drug to relieve headaches.
April 16th 1943 Dr. Hofmann wanted to do further testing with LSD, during this process he got some on his skin.
Shortly after he had done this he started to experience the effects of taking LSD.

April 19th 1943, Dr. Hofmann had an experience with LSD when he mixed 250 micrograms of LSD with water
to see if he would get the same effects. He received the same effects (much stronger). ("Famous Bicycle Ride")
which was referring to his bike ride home.

1947 Sandoz pharmaceutical, the only producer of LSD, started making the drug available under the name of "Delysid."

1949 LSD was brought to the United States for the first time.

Early 1950's London became the first site of a clinic specializing in LSD therapy.

1950's the CIA began testing of LSD to see if it could be used as a possible mind control drug or brainwashing tool.
-During testing of LSD on Army scientist, one scientist jumped from a hotel window and killed himself.
-Experiments were done to see if LSD could possibly help cure alcoholism. Later found unsuccessful.
LSD was also used to try and treat terminally ill patients. This test did show results, but it wasn't known if LSD was
decreasing the pain like a pain reliever or LSD effected the brain so much that it just made the patient forget the pain.

1953 the FDA gave Sandoz pharmaceutical permission to test LSD in the United States.
-Dr. Humphry Osmond introduced Aldous Huxley to mescaline.
-Al Hubbard, "The Johnny Appleseed of LSD," meet with Dr. Humphry Osmond and he was interested in buying some mescaline.

1954 the book The Doors of Perception, was published.

1957 Al Hubbard was given a wing at the Hollywood Hospital in New Westminster, Canada to start the study of psychedelic therapy.

1958 was the first time Alan Watts consumed LSD.

1959 Novelist, Ken Kessey and poet, Allen Ginsberg take LSD for the first time.

Late 50's U.S. soldiers were give LSD and where instructed to perform their usual war like games. (Ft. Benning, GA)

Early 1960's LSD made it to the streets.
- Word spread about LSD, Dr.'s thought it may be the wonder drug.
- there were acid parties help by Ken Kessey and the Merry Pranksters at La Honda headquarters, Palo Alto.
-Timothy Leary had sessions at Harvard where students would take LSD and document their experiences.
Leary promoted that the use of LSD would "expand consciousness."

1960's The Beatles & other rock groups discussed LSD use openly.
1960's the International Federation for Internal Freedom (IFIF) was created by Timothy Leary and Dr. Richard Alpert.
Timothy Leary started the phrase "Turn on, tune in, dropout." This phrase was to explain the LSD trip.

1962 Timothy Leary had his first test of LSD.

1963 Al Hubbard went to Timothy Leary's house wanting to exchange his LSD for the synthetic magic mushroom, psilocybin.
-Timothy Leary was fired from Harvard due to his involvement with LSD.
-Aldous Huxley's wife, Laura Huxley, gave him LSD as his wish when he was dying.
Nov. 22, 1963 Aldous Huxley dies.

May 1965 Owsley had completed his first batch of LSD and it was ready to be sold.

Mid 1960's Bob Dylan took acid for the first time.

July 1965 Hunter Thomas had agreed to take the project of writing a book about the Hell's Angels.
He was accepted to the club and proceeded to take the club on a bike trip to La Honda to experience
on of the largely talked about acid tests put on by Ken Kessey.
February 12, 1966 the Kool-Aid Test also know as the Watt's Acid test was performed.
Several people were given a kool-aid that they had no idea LSD was in, this created "Major Freak Outs."

March 1966 A law was signed into law called the Drug Abuse Control Amendment, which was signed by President Lyndon Johnson.
This law stated that "it was a felony to be in possession of "lysergic acid diethylamide, a schedule I substance."

Mid 1960's It was said that all walks of life were experimenting with LSD.

Oct. 6, 1966, in California, LSD was made illegal. The fine for a first time offender with possession of LSD was a $5,000 fine and one year in jail.
For a repeat offender the charges were much higher, a $100,000 and up to ten years in jail.
1966 The only legal supplier of LSD, Sandoz Pharmaceutical Company, stopped distributing the drug.
The entire supply of LSD production was transferred to the national Institutes of Health, who are now the only legal suppliers of LSD.

December 1967 Owsley was caught with 217 grams of LSD which was supposedly for his own consumption, he was arrested.
Late 1960's LSD was said to be the "psychedelic" drug of choice.

1971 An estimated five million American had used LSD

November 6-7, 2000, Pickard and Apperson are arrested. North American LSD supply drops by 95%.

#83 Friend's Cat

Friend's Cat

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 04:39 PM

Windowpane. Gawd that takes me back Hippie... And Pyramid and Microdot...

Mmmmm... Better living through chemistry...

Thank you Dr. Hoffman...

:bow:

#84 Guest_xxxsevxxx_*

Guest_xxxsevxxx_*

Posted 06 December 2005 - 06:58 PM

pikard and appelton ? where they the guys using an old missle cilo for there lab ?
also id like to take a moment to mention HOW much "i loved all the pyramids from the flying purple pyramid to the lil black tab pyramid ". those deffently put my arse on the moon .
and id like to take a moment of silence for all the doses the cops got and murderd in that bust ,as well for the future doses we all missed out on .
later VII

#85 acidhead

acidhead

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 113 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 03:44 AM

excuse me but, waht the hell is white fluff and all this lsd crystal shit? i thought lsd was liquid etc, i got white perferatted blotter over the summer, whats the mc measurment for blotter usually

#86 nicholas

nicholas

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 158 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 04:01 AM

from what I *hear* 70 - 110

#87 Guest_pissybee_*

Guest_pissybee_*

Posted 21 December 2005 - 05:53 AM

acidhead, crystal is what form LSD is in before it is laid onto sheets or dissolved in liquid(usually some kind of ethanol) or mixed to make geltabs... Fluff refers to one of the purest forms in where the crystal looks white and fluffy. 1 gram of crystal lays 100 sheets of 100 hits per sheet at 100 mics per hit... There are various grades of crystal that lessen in purity, such as silver, amber, and lavender...

#88 waylitjim

waylitjim

A Mirror Image

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,706 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 February 2006 - 12:14 PM

FRANCIS CRICK, the Nobel Prize-winning father of modern genetics, was under the influence of LSD when he first deduced the double-helix structure of DNA nearly 50 years ago.

The abrasive and unorthodox Crick celebrated in March 1953 by running from the now legendary Cavendish Laboratory in Cambridge to the nearby Eagle pub, where they announced over pints of bitter that they had discovered the secret of life.

Crick, who died ten days ago, aged 88, later told a fellow scientist that he often used doses of LSD to boost his powers of thought. He said it was LSD, not the Eagle's warm beer, that helped him to unravel the structure of DNA, a discovery that won him the Nobel Prize.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1122899522KZ04Zn.jpg
  • beer.jpg
  • bike_detail.jpg
  • 1122899522KZ04Zn.jpg
  • bike_detail.jpg
  • beer.jpg

• psilocypher likes this

#89 waylitjim

waylitjim

A Mirror Image

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,706 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 February 2006 - 12:40 PM

When Kevin Herbert, President of Cisco Systems has a particularly intractable programming problem, or finds himself pondering a big career decision, he deploys a powerful mind expanding tool -- LSD-25.

"It must be changing something about the internal communication in my brain. Whatever my inner process is that lets me solve problems, it works differently, or maybe different parts of my brain are used," said Herbert, 42, who says he solved his toughest technical problems while tripping on LSD to drum solos by the Grateful Dead. "When I'm on LSD and hearing something that's pure rhythm, it takes me to another world and into another brain state where I've stopped thinking and started knowing," said Herbert who intervened to ban drug testing of technologists at Cisco Systems.

Herbert, who lives in Santa Cruz, California, joined 2,000 researchers, scientists, artists and historians gathered here over the weekend to celebrate the 100th birthday of Albert Hofmann. "LSD wanted to tell me something," Hofmann told the gathering Friday. "It gave me an inner joy, an open mindedness, a gratefulness, open eyes and an internal sensitivity for the miracles of creation."

Attached Thumbnails

• bike_full.jpg
  • bike_full.jpg

#90 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• OG VIP
  • 3,542 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 February 2006 - 12:40 PM

I read an interview where he said he could see the double helix forming under the influence. Interesting stuff to think that acid was partialy responsible for this discovery.

#91 PsychoactiveMessiah

PsychoactiveMessiah

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 12:57 PM

Alien intelligence I tell ya...lol

Ive read about this before very interesing stuff...

#92 PsychoactiveMessiah

PsychoactiveMessiah

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 12:58 PM

wonder what dosage levels induced DNA visions..LOL

#93 Stenciler

Stenciler

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 493 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 05:14 PM

Dr Kary Mullis was also apparently tripping on Lsd in his backyard pool when he came up with PCR. PCR was like newtonian physics to DNA technology, and opened up the entire field. Quote: "Would I have invented PCR if I hadn't taken LSD? I seriously doubt it," he says. "I could sit on a DNA molecule and watch the polymers go by. I learnt that partly on psychedelic drugs." Posted Image

#94 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,635 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 February 2006 - 08:01 PM

Isn't it incredibly ironic that LSD was accused of causing DNA/chromosome damage?

All that inspiration makes perfect sense; brains are electrochemical reaction vessels, so changing the chemistry or electrical state would change the thinking, and people would tend to gravitate towards the more pleasant/useful changes...

Mushrooms have been theorized to have inspired speech and religion in early human development, and do in fact cause the linguistic cortex to go nuts in an MRI scan, interestingly enough. I wonder what parts of the brain are specifically stimulated by LSD?

You sat on a DNA molecule? Dude, yer trippin'.
TVC

#95 SmEugd

SmEugd

Wetware Hacker

• Expired Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 08:29 PM

Mushrooms have been theorized to have inspired speech and religion in early human development, and do in fact cause the linguistic cortex to go nuts in an MRI scan, interestingly enough.

That's funny, I always feel much more emotional, almost primal, while tripping on mush. It's like my higher logical functions are inhibited to some extent. Anybody else experience this?

LSD is obviously a different ballgame though... very scarce here in the midwest so I haven't had the pleasure yet.

#96 Guest_pissybee_*

Guest_pissybee_*

Posted 08 February 2006 - 02:57 AM

I'll tell you what, high dose LSD trips sure seem to show me somethin special...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!