Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Psilocybe hoogshagenii var. convexa (P. semperviva)

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#61 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:22 PM

beautiful
:bow:
Posted Image

#62 Workman

Workman

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 667 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:08 PM

Hehe, yeah it takes forever before they start sporulating but once they start they continue to shed spores for a long time. Its hard to miss if you check once in awhile. I was even able to get light prints a week after noticing the first spores but it would have been better to print sooner. You got them in plenty of time.

Funny you should mention the wrinkled foil. I had the white Falbino prints on pristine foil and then I moved too quickly and crumpled the whole sheet against the side of my transfer area. Bummer.

#63 barngoddess

barngoddess

Sage-ish

• Expired Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:14 PM

Even THE EVIL GENIUS gets crinkled foil sometimes. It doesn't hurt a thing! :eusa_ange SMASHING! :heart:

#64 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:29 PM

Hehe, yeah it takes forever before they start sporulating but once they start they continue to shed spores for a long time. Its hard to miss if you check once in awhile. I was even able to get light prints a week after noticing the first spores but it would have been better to print sooner. You got them in plenty of time.
Funny you should mention the wrinkled foil. I had the white Falbino prints on pristine foil and then I moved too quickly and crumpled the whole sheet against the side of my transfer area. Bummer.

hehe, yeah it's not pretty, but it'll work ;) mine made it as far as the tuperware dish.. and crash :lol: i didn't feel like doing another.

yeah, a little sooner would have been good imo. i think i'll be lucky to get duplicates, but i will leave them for another day or two to see what happens. i'll probably take the other large one tonight or tomorrow. i'll do this one PF style and see how it does in a syringe. i prefer agar, but it would be nice to see how syringes perform.

i was just doing some reading in the "semperviva lives" thread..

you were right Workman. these are very easy really. i'm finding the time factor favorable for me. it's nice to be able to say "ahhh, i'll get it tomorrow." for like two weeks :lol:

thanks again everyone! :heart: much :love:

#65 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:30 PM

Even THE EVIL GENIUS gets crinkled foil sometimes. It doesn't hurt a thing! :eusa_ange SMASHING! :heart:

:lol:

:heart:

#66 omentheduck

omentheduck

Wondering about it all

• OG VIP
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:42 PM

nice prints , :eusa_clap

#67 cactu

cactu

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 11:32 PM

hello , good job
i miss prankster.too
your pictures and yet more your specimen are so beautifull not too chame workman but some of your grow seem more please to the eye .

keep up the good work the chosen one
all my best vibrations .are in your way .

#68 barngoddess

barngoddess

Sage-ish

• Expired Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 11:38 PM

hello , good job
not too chame workman but some of your grow seem more please to the eye .

:nana::evil::teeth::eusa_sile

#69 cactu

cactu

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 11:52 PM

by the way this seem to be psilocybe endangered species
Psilocybe angustipleurocystidiata Psilocybe armandii Psilocybe aztecorum aztecorum Psilocybe aztecorum bonetii Psilocybe baderillensis Psilocybe barrerae Psilocybe caerulescens caerulescens Psilocybe caerulescens ombrophila Psilocybe caerulipes Psilocybe cordispora Psilocybe cubensis Psilocybe fagicola fagicola Psilocybe fagicola mesocystidiata Psilocybe galindoii Psilocybe heimii Psilocybe herrerae Psilocybe hoogshagenii convexa Psilocybe hoogshagenii hoogshagenii Psilocybe jacobsii Psilocybe mammillata Psilocybe mexicana Psilocybe muliercula Psilocybe pleurocystidiosa Psilocybe rzedowskii Psilocybe sanctorum Psilocybe schultesii
Psilocybe singeri Psilocybe subcubensis Psilocybe subyungensis Psilocybe uxpanapensis Psilocybe veraecrucis Psilocybe wassoniorum Psilocybe weldenii Psilocybe xalapensis Psilocybe yungensis

also zapotecorum , well the reality is all the mushrooms that grow in mesophitic forest are in danger for the reduction of the habitad, that about 80 % or more of all species here .
i will gratefully help to introduce this species to the natural habitad :loveeyes:

all my best vibrations
  • the_chosen_one likes this

#70 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:32 PM

Wow! :bow: thank you cactu! :heart: ..... just wow! it's an honor to help in any way i can.

within a year or so semperviva spores should be quite plentiful within the OMC. if one can grow pans, and has the patience for azure's lol, they could certainly grow these. :)

update - got those last spore prints too.. a couple times lol ;)

much love!

#71 Godflesh

Godflesh

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 628 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:36 PM

Nice!:bow:

#72 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:59 PM

so interesting..when will these spores be released to the public, id love to try
something new. nice looking shrooms

sporeworks already sells prints. ;)

a few of the first prints are going to cactu along with falbinos hehe :D

but i am going to be growing a lot more of these in the near future and spreading spores :love: lol, between my idols.. :o hehe.. workman and cactu there will be many more species coming too.

let's see how they do in syringes next. i will be uploading and inoculating jars tonight!

#73 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 16 May 2008 - 09:58 PM

here's the dried fruits from the casing and the invitro fruits fresh. they really bruise dark invitro.. i'm sure me beating the hell out of the jar helped in that respect :D stuborn as cubies to birth!

i thought the first flush was over but after soaking the casing it decided to sprout another pin.. quite quickly actually. this one is growing at a much faster rate. almost as if it knows it's late lol.

i'll get pics soon.

OH! and i'll be testing semper spore syringes tomorrow. if everything is clean (and works) then i'll have a few extras to auction off for topia donation.

#74 CaptainFuture

CaptainFuture

Mushroom Maniac

• Free Member
  • 331 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 06:46 AM

GREAT WORK, beautiful fruits and very good pictures!!!
Thanks for sharing.

About Prankster-
He is well but HEAVILY working and got no time left to even check emails.
We phoned a few days ago and he misses growing & the community as well.

He'll come back if his work leave him some time.

Regards,
Cap.

#75 Godflesh

Godflesh

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 628 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:17 AM

here's the dried fruits from the casing and the invitro fruits fresh. they really bruise dark invitro.. i'm sure me beating the hell out of the jar helped in that respect :D stuborn as cubies to birth!

i thought the first flush was over but after soaking the casing it decided to sprout another pin.. quite quickly actually. this one is growing at a much faster rate. almost as if it knows it's late lol.

i'll get pics soon.

OH! and i'll be testing semper spore syringes tomorrow. if everything is clean (and works) then i'll have a few extras to auction off for topia donation.

So hows the potency?:loveeyes:

#76 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:38 PM

So hows the potency?:loveeyes:

think i'll test drive this weekend. if the weather report holds it will be perfect for an outdoor experience :D heh, plus an extra day off to re-coop lol.

made test jars from three syringes last night. if all goes well these three go up for auction.

will keep ya posted on both counts!

#77 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:13 PM

..but it's just algae :lol:

i've cleaned this FC a few times through the grow too. goes to show ya how long they hang around. :)

here's a few more pics of what i assume to be the 2nd flush. the larger fruit popped up right upon harvest of the last ones. it's just barely starting to drop spores now. i may try for a print tomorrow or the next day.

the other pins grew in just the last few days.

#78 slacker

slacker

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:30 PM

Great work TCO!!
Sorry if I missed it in a prior post, but did you clone any of the fruits?

#79 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 24 May 2008 - 07:18 PM

never got around to it. besides, it's been isolated by workman, then by myself. i doubt cloning would do much to improve this particular sub-strain/strain.

heh, really i'm just too busy lol.

#80 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 25 May 2008 - 03:14 AM

ok, 1.5 grams in tea :naughty: these are nothing to take lightly. the experience was far from recreational. those who follow be warned. i'm going to bed now. we'll talk more later ;)

so much love to you topia

• Samwise likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!