The Ultimate Growroom
Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:40 PM
What would be your ULTIMATE growroom?
Your budget is 1000 USD
Figure at least 10' x 10' x 10' of space
Stealthiness is not a factor to consider
My idea will be forthcoming
but I would like to see what everyone else has to say
Much love mycotopia :love:
P.S. This is legitimate, so please get some crazy ideas in here (that are feasible), and preferably automatic (the room could work with little or no help)
but wild ideas are always fun!
I saw onediadem's growroom
I was considering doing something similar, except with acyrilic/plastic walls with tyvek patches
I will take all suggestions, all plans, all help
One will be built (if all goes to plan)
Once again, much love mycotopia, I think this forum has the most polite people :hippie::heartbeat:hippie::heartbeat:hippie:
Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:46 PM
Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:46 PM
You could just buy something like this and assemble it in the room. Nice and easy. And you'll have more than $700 left to pimp it out.
from here: http://www.allgreenh...700-XJ1010.html
Edited by eatyualive, 31 August 2014 - 07:07 PM.
Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:49 PM
Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:10 PM
and in terms of pimpage, im a pimp, so id love ideas for the pimping of the pimps pimping mushy lair :flash::evil:
anyone have any ideas for air exchange/ humidity set ups for this type of contraption?
would anyone prefer to use a hard exterior instead of plastic drape-age?
crush the competition :laser:
oh, and how is sterility in one of these puppies? I figure if everything is automatic you only need to open the door for spawning and harvesting.
im actually really tempted to put in sterilized air tight cabinetry with sheleving and countertop surface
cabinetry for bag colonizations to keep out humidity(10 bags? 10 different strains? mycrotopia/ralphsters? hehehehe)
then just use large acrylic bins for spawning in verm/coir or donkey poo mixture from mycrotopia and put them on the shelves until fully grown
harvest and move to
industrial-sized dehydrator with disassembled heating element
and maybe even an eye wash for shits and giggles :rasta:
hook me up with some ideas brethren!
Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:10 PM
(a very large basement)
Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:16 PM
then i put some air stracter unites into the seeling and connected up the pipes £200. then i cut i hole in the wall to let the air excapethen connected the pipeing to it.then i meshered out were i want my plants to go and how bug pots are so i can get 50 plants on each side then i bild a wooden dish at the bottem to keep watter in and not all over the place £20 for wood. then i screwed some hucks into the seeling beams to hould my 4 400watt lights on each side £100 each light. then i hung the lights of big chains £20 for 5 meters. then i wired it up with sockets, heater, light timer £60.
then i put a watering sistem in that i had in my garage that i got of a mate so i dont no how much that cost. then i bourt all the pots and mate some soil. then i put all my cuttings in and of i went.
i hope this helps :rasta::rasta:
Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:23 PM
but im not growing nugs brother
thank you though, its a great plan for the future:rasta:
Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:41 PM
Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:42 PM
What would be ideal would be to have a laminar flowing in and fans blowing out, Throw in some shelves and couple of 15" woofers and you're pimped.
Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:48 PM
you could always see if you could just buy the frame, then cover it yourself.
i would consider building a drying room/large box.
or just install a sauna with the option of running dry, so inbetween dryings you can just relax.
Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:04 PM
sounds fairly simple just throw in a space heater and regulate temp?
Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:26 PM
Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:18 AM
Posted 01 May 2008 - 07:43 AM
$10 for perlite
$30 for substrate
$20 for quart jars and WBS spawn
$20 for incidentals
$880 for a lot of excellent weed
- zodd likes this
Posted 01 May 2008 - 08:40 AM
1) clear box tape- 6 pack 12$
2) pvc piping for a room lets say 10x13. 100$ or under a bit. go with 1/2" pvc piping.
3) sewer hose-10$ for 20 feet. get two boxes just in case. so 20$
4) 5 gallon paint bucket and lid. 5$.
5) 5ml clear or black plastic get 3 rolls or so. lets say these are 10$ each. so 30$.
6) a room size hepa with built in ionizer from walmart. 30$. you could get a cage fan but its not needed. the hepa will give you enough output on a 20 minutes every two hour run cycle.
7) clear rubbermaid that will fit your hepa. 10$
8) ultrasonic pond fogger with floating devide. 50$.
9) intermatic timer and some extension chords if needed. 25$.
10) if you have a window you can use natural daylight. but if you want get some cheap fluorescent lighting. so add 30$.
Total Cost around 300-315$. And this is for a roomsize setup. May vary a bit depending on size of room and how much pvc piping you need to buy but some of these esitmations are over a bit. foaf got away with 200$ flat for a 10x13 room. but this was years ago when things were cheaper.
Edited by eatyualive, 31 August 2014 - 07:08 PM.
Posted 01 May 2008 - 03:59 PM
eatyualive, thanks for the input brother, is there a tek or picture for what you have outlined? i would worship the ground you walk on for some plans with this::bow::bow:
FOAF will be setting up this puppy in the basement:
getting some shelves, maybe some counterspace
there are ports for hoses and what not, so is there any specific tek that has your outline?
btw, i take it it will all be automated, so does anyone have any ideas for controlling temp with floormats/space heater (potentially a device that can turn on/turn off equipment when room gets too hot/too cold)
once again thanks! :headbang::headbang:
Posted 01 May 2008 - 04:10 PM
Posted 01 May 2008 - 05:14 PM
any one have any info on the hepa+floater set up?
Posted 01 May 2008 - 05:33 PM
1) Build a frame out of PVC, just a big box with enough supports to keep it up, doesn't need to support any weight.
2) Use the tape to attach the clear plastic to the frame.
3) Cut a hole in the rubbermaid to fit the sewer hose. Make some kind of air intake and filter with tyvek or multipore tape or something. Stick the HEPA inside.
4) Take the other end of the sewer hose and run it into the grow tent. I'm thinking that running it along the ceiling is best, with holes spaced throughout the pipe for air to escape. Hopefully, this will stir the air in the room as the fan blows.
5) Fill the bucket with water and add a few drops of H202. Put the fogger in the bucket and plug in to the timer. Drill some holes in the lid for fog to escape, but so it will still keep some debris out.
6) Set up the timer to run the HEPA and fogger for 20 minutes every two hours. Keep an eye on things for a couple days and adjust timings as needed.
So anyway, that's what I'd do :) Hopefully I'll do it soon. Eatyu - i'd love to hear from you about how you'd set things up.