Posted Image

#23 mirrorsonthewall

mirrorsonthewall

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 07:13 PM

shroomguerilla, im northeast u.s. so im kind of in the shitter
maybe ill cross over to canada soon, it looks like you guys are becoming a national amsterdam (not literally, the laws are way different, just saying in terms of tokage :rasta:)

but im shrooming at the moment, so lets shroom it up
until we get word from eatyu, does anyone else have any suggestions for humdifying/temperature regulating/air-exchanging this badboy?

i was thinking space heater for a while but now im not so sure, does anyone have any input? i mean im pretty sure i could get the heater to work, but i dont want to contam the place up or short out the heater with all the h2o floating around
the heated floor sounds good, but it looks terribly expensive.

all input appreciated! :hippie::hippie::hippie:

#24 Looky

Looky

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,873 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 07:46 PM

This things pretty cool. I like electric blankets personally. Blankets won't heat an entire room, but they will heat either a floor or around containers. They work great for incubation.

Attached Thumbnails

• 001.JPG
  • 002.JPG

#25 mirrorsonthewall

mirrorsonthewall

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 08:45 PM

cool beans lookyhere
can it hold up in a humid environment or is that ridiculously dangerous?
if this guy would hold up, i would put him in in a jiffy:
http://www.eheat.com/index.php (its a convection heater for even heat distribution)

but i dont know: electricity+moisture=AHHHHHHH!!!! :flamer:

im just trying to figure out how to get the heat in but keeping the moisture away from electricity
i was thinking tyvek patches but i really dont want to do tooomuch cutting into he growtent

#26 Looky

Looky

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,873 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 08:55 PM

I think that tent has vents, doesn't it? I wouldn't want to drip a bunch of water on this, but if it were in a humid..... yeah, scratch that. So you are going to want all of your containers holding your subs to be open?

You could do a bunch of tubs that have tops with an air pump pumping air into each of the containers. If you did that, then you wouldn't have to keep the entire tent 80% RH. That would be self sufficient. You wouldn't have to fan or anything.

#27 mirrorsonthewall

mirrorsonthewall

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 09:12 PM

yeah i hear you brother,
to be honest im commissioned to do this project, i mean i have a 1 g budget and i can put it wherever
im really the only one who knows diddly squat about mushies around here so i figured id take my buddy up on the offer
from what ive been reading, it isnt too hard to keep the tent at 80 RH and keep even air exchange once i get the timing right when setting up the hepa up to the humidifier and what not (it would do the 15 minute every two hour gig)
it just takes some toggling, but i can do that while my children would be incubating
im not necessarily worried about the temperature but i wish there was an easier way to work with the temperature inside of the tent without having to heat up the entire space around it you know?
the heated floor sounded nice, and i suppose i could comprimise the budget a little, but im not much of an electrician
and i would have to lay another floor on top of it
i....need....help! :eusa_wall:eusa_wall:eusa_wall:eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh:

if someone could give me an easy solution ill be your best friend, call you everyday

#28 mirrorsonthewall

mirrorsonthewall

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 09:15 PM

however, you bring up a good point
but how would i do that necessarily,
i mean check out my other thread on grain to grain,
thats how i plan on using the subs
would i just get a whole bunch of tropicaires and aquarium pumps and hook it up, or is there an idea for a mass pumping system?
i think it would be easier if i got the conditions right to just get the atmosphere in the tent right to be honest, but like i said ill take any help at this point

#29 Looky

Looky

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,873 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 09:37 PM

I think the easiest thing happens to be the simplest and probably the cheapest. Sometimes less complicated is better. You could get a big air pump instead of a bunch of small ones and just run lines with air wands to each of the containers. If you had a bunch of big self contained units I think it would be better because it would be easier, I think more fail-proof, cheaper, and if there were any contams they would be contained and keep from spreading. Also it would be easy to manipulate the temp in the room with a space heater. Personally I would and when the time comes will go with a bunch of self contained big ass sterlite containers.

#30 ShroomGuerilla

ShroomGuerilla

Myco-Monkey

• Expired Member
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 09:58 PM

http://mycotopia.net...alk-closet.html

From my experiences with walk-in fruiting chambers is do not do them. They run fine for a harvest or two, but keeping the place completely sterile is hard. A clean-room full of mono-tubs or the like is a better idea if you have the space. :pirate:

sorry for the earlier post, I'm a dyslexic pothead multi-tasking.:pirate:

#31 aumbrellaforainydays

aumbrellaforainydays

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 11:27 PM

go to the junkyard
tow a broken down VW bus
seal and pressurize it
install HEPA filtration flowhood
install one of those sterilizing showers

...on the outside it looks like a piece of broken down metal but inside is a chem lab!

no, you said basement, i would spawn to huge monotubs, with one of those humidity/fresh air exchangers built into each one. they could be stacked, but the good thing is that they are each in their own separate "room", which would be sealed inside another room, which is kept very clean.

#32 mirrorsonthewall

mirrorsonthewall

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 11:55 PM

lookyhere-
i think you're right at this point
the question is...which pump, and i would need one large tropicaire to keep feeding all of the children
unless there is a better way to do it...which you or another might know...

shroomguerilla-
no worries about the other posts brother, i haven't smoked, tripped, drank, or pilled-out in a good two months so i'm a little out of my mind myself
yeah walk in grow rooms might not be the best idea
however, i like the grow tent i put up before, and i'll use that as a clean room where i can do all of the innoculations, prep work, etc.
i'll get plastic shelving with large sterilite bins containing 2"-3" of wetted (filled to field capacity) donkey poo/straw mix from mycrotopia
the innoculations will be in bags from mycrotopia
so feasibly i can have 10-20 bags innoculated with all different types of psilocybians and use one large sterilite per colonized bag, so i can have a large selection :rasta::rasta:

aumbrellaforainydays-
happy 1000th post brother, yeah i hear what you're saying, i want to do something similar to that except with one large system hooked up to each individual monotub

so now the questions really are:
what pump can feed 10-20 66 qt sterilites?
how would i humidify the incoming air for all of the bins (via tropicaire-esque system, etc.)?
if i simply tyvek patched the bins and hepa-filtered/ionized the air coming into the growtent, would that be enough air circulation?
if it isn't, how do i overcome that cost effectively? (if i had a window i would do this: http://www.walmart.c...duct_id=5044461)

and thanks everyone, you are masters of your trade :bow:

#33 mirrorsonthewall

mirrorsonthewall

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 12:00 AM

oh by the way,
this will be my first grow :teeth:

#34 Looky

Looky

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,873 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 12:18 AM

Check this out. They have all the T's and everything. http://www.aquariumg...-air-pumps.html

#35 mirrorsonthewall

mirrorsonthewall

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 12:35 AM

thats effin fantastic they really do have everything!...
which pump should i go for for 10-20 x 66 qts? hardy har:pirate:
i wish they had a calculator for this type of thing
how would i humdify that air?

#36 Looky

Looky

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,873 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 12:52 AM

Not sure what size, I'll let you figure that one out. I would go slightly larger than you think you need so that you can expand if you choose. There was a really cool thread I read yesterday I think which had the setup. I can't remember who's it was or where I saw it (on here somewhere). It showed the air connected to a wand that entered into each tub. I believe a humidifier was directly hooked up to each tub also kind of like the air (I could be wrong though). Someone else will be able to give better advice on that than myself. Not sure that you will even need to introduce humidity though if the containers are kept closed, again I could be wrong.

#37 RAWShroomist

RAWShroomist

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 01:39 AM

I would get:

http://www.goodmans....5X-120V&sc=FRGL

and then..

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1713.m153.l1262
and
http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

Then assemble the latter two together like so...
http://mycotopia.net...od-img_1239.jpg

Maybe get one of these if ya got cash left over...
http://www.uline.com...ealer - Impulse

So that you can make these...

and at that point, you can do just about any type or style, monotubs are my favorite so far, but maybe you like greenhouses, nobody here can tell you what is best, but the best tools of the craft are more important than grandiose greenhouses when trying to get the hang of things... That is some of the most sage advice I could give you. You will be really dissapointed if you can't colonize a few grain jars after you spent 1k on greenhouses and spent 50 hours assembling tubing and ordering filters and such, get to know the ground floor before you want to go up on the roof..

G'Luck

:D

#38 Dimitrius

Dimitrius

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 390 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 01:58 AM

Here's a great humidifier/fogger. There's a regular version and a mini version. It ain't cheap, but man......

http://www.hydrofogg.../products_order

They also have a humidistat that works with the foggers so that you can control the RH.

Good luck! :rasta:

#39 RAWShroomist

RAWShroomist

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 03:01 AM

You really don't need to humidify nonotubs, just fae.
If you have too many tubs to do by hand, cut 2 holes in each tub, stuff them both with polyfill; then every day, go through your growroom with a vaccum, and stick the tube against one of the holes for a second or 2.

A non-normal idea, but it's cheap, and would work..

G'Luck

#40 weed4all

weed4all

Cosmic Traveler

• Expired Member
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 03:28 AM

heres what i do, it costs me under 200$ for 20 tubs and yields 1 1/2 - 2lbs, they also require no attention except for when u put a casing on them and when u harvest. plus i can do this anywhere, the area doesent really need to be that clean since the tubs are their own enviroment. for example, this photo was takin in a basement in the projects, not to clean. also its very easy to move incase of emergency. it's also easier because if you get contams it stays more isolated until you can dispose of it. hope this helps.

p.s. sorry if this dont make alotta sense, its 3am and im blazed outta my mind:rasta:
post-10565-138186098489.jpg

hmmmm..... had a few more pix but wont let me post. sorry

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0227.JPG
  • IMG_0209.JPG

Edited by eatyualive, 31 August 2014 - 07:11 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!