Photo
- - - - -

Your new National ID Card, with chips!

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#141 Guest_mindovermycelia_*

Guest_mindovermycelia_*

Posted 07 June 2005 - 06:24 PM

I do admit that inside my mind there is still a struggle with logic. I thought about this alot while tripping in the forest over the weekend. As a living creature, I have within me the usual fight or flight response, the will to survive and defend myself. Even the Jedi who supposedly are free of fear and attachment kill in self defense and to maintain peace and who apparently don't really die (I know its fiction, but. . .). I have even thought about getting a gun for self defense or in case some sort of revolution starts. A former member of the french legion once told me that only someone with the ability to fight can consider themselves a pacifist for they have a choice to fight or not.

I am starting to see that one can kill out of love as well as fear and I know that one can forgive oneself and be forgiven for such a thing. I am a meat eater and I will not hesitate to kill for food and I cannot prove that there is a great difference in killing a plant, an animal, or a person or that it really matters. After all, if the body really is just a manifestation of energy projected by our soul and death is just a change, then killing is impossible anyway.

I looked up illusion - the main def is "an erroneous perception of reality." That definition is dependent upon the definition of reality which is something that is factual, and facts are proven by experiments and perception. So the whole damn thing is pretty flimsy. (Sorry I took this thread into a philosophical discussion because I feel I can be free in my mind even while locked in jail or while undergoing other traumatic events.)

So hippie is right in a way and Einstein is wrong in a way.

The illusion that is reality which is persistent actually refers to our persistent perception of reality. We know that we don't experience every energy and stimulus separately. We can only see within a certain range but we know that a "reality" exists that has ultraviolet and infrared information, we can't see or hear radio waves but we know they are there, with tools we can see that our brains and even our thoughts are pure energy. So it is unwise to say that something is impossible because it has yet to be experienced or proven or just because only a few people have had the experience. Laws of physics would suggest that I could not possibly know without a phone or some other invention, what was going on simultaneously hundreds of miles away, but I have a confirmed experience of this, suggesting that there is more to reality than what we currently know. I also believe that I existed outside of my body on more than one occasion and I am not the only one who has had these experiences. This to me suggests, but alas does not prove, that the experience of this world does not stem from the body but from another source and that the body is just one part of this world to which we are attached and a means by which we limit our perception of reality.
So what I should really say instead of reality is an illusion, is that our perception of reality is not unchangeable which is kind of a no brainer. I am using a bunch of protons and electrons arranged in such a way to experience a bunch of other protons and electons in a particular way.

As far as unconditional love goes, that does not mean one should stay with or trust an abusive non-loving person (which is unintelligent), it means one should try to understand and forgive that person and to love oneself and not judge that person as evil or less deserving of love. Tough love is still love.

If you enjoy this reality or illusion or perception or what the hell ever it is that we are experiencing, and you want it to continue, obviously you must play by the rules and eat to live, and fight for yours and others' right to continue enjoyment unimpeded those who would kill or confine. I do however believe there is much more to this existence than what we usually percieve based on my past experiences, but of course I have yet to understand how it relates to our experience in this world.

I don't really believe in justice, though. Not in this world. Revenge has never made me feel better, only forgiveness. Where logic fails, I must rely on feelings and love. That does not mean I don't think rapists should be removed from society in hopes that the innocent will be protected and that they may be rehabilitated. No that is obvious, and now I see that reacting violently in self defense is not necessarily an act of fear.

I will sum up how I feel: although there is no need to live in fear of death, no need to hate, and doing so only makes life unenjoyable, that doesn't mean one should ignore threats and fail to protect and defend peaceful and free standards of living.

#142 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 05:19 PM

at last
we agree on some things.
that is good too.
and it is ok
to hate evil.

#143 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 06:08 AM

Laws of physics would suggest that I could not possibly know without a phone or some other invention, what was going on simultaneously hundreds of miles away, but I have a confirmed experience of this, suggesting that there is more to reality than what we currently know.

lol
let's put you to the test.
ready ?
ok,
how many fingers am i holding up ?

;)

#144 Guest_Glasshopper_*

Guest_Glasshopper_*

Posted 29 April 2006 - 05:01 AM

just don't carry it unless you actually need it.
like when opening a bank account.

Got pulled over the other day and I didn't have my ID,
I had to do a large amount of fast talking to stay out of jail
While the car was searched for an hour because the cop said he
"thought he smelled something" (total bunk NOTHING has EVER been
smoked in that car but tobacco) and....
I WAS NOT THE ONE WHO WAS DRIVING!!

He said "If I ever catch you without your ID again your going straight to jail"

So I call bullshit on that..

#145 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 08:18 AM

didn't go to jail, did you ?
no.
so don't be intimidated by his bluff.

#146 Guest_Glasshopper_*

Guest_Glasshopper_*

Posted 29 April 2006 - 09:25 AM

intimated by his bluff, no
intimaded by his harassment, yes.

#147 malefacter

malefacter

:P

• Expired Member
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 10:55 AM

in this state you have to show ID whenever a cop requests it but it doesn't have to be a drivers license. You can just get a plain ID.

also in this state we already have a magnetic strip on our drivers license which makes it easy for a cop to get your info. Otherwise he wold have to type in your id#.

I woldent mind all the upgrades in proving who you are but i don't like the idea of the government getting all my info (If thats the case).

If they went to a chip I have a really hard time believing that there gonna put monitoring stations all over the place just seems to SIFI to me. And i bet a hammer wold take care of it in any event.

I know its not my place to say this but this thread is about a card not the war :offtopic: Ill edit this comment out if you feel it inappropriate but I'm trying to read about the debate on the card not other stuff

#148 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 11:09 AM

cite a law requiring a person to carry ID if you can.
not driving of course, that takes a license.

but it's perfectly legal to walk around without ID.
you do have to 'identify' yourself to LEO
but all that's required is to tell them 'your' name,
any cop that says otherwise is lying.

and if you let them intimidate you
then who can you blame but yourself ?
you have no rights if you won't defend them.

#149 malefacter

malefacter

• Expired Member
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 11:41 AM

part c

28-1595. Failure to stop or provide driver license or evidence of identity; violation; classification

A. The operator of a motor vehicle who knowingly fails or refuses to bring the operator's motor vehicle to a stop after being given a visual or audible signal or instruction by a peace officer or duly authorized agent of a traffic enforcement agency is guilty of a class 2 misdemeanor.

B. After stopping as required by subsection A of this section, the operator of a motor vehicle who fails or refuses to exhibit the operator's driver license as required by section 28-3169 or a driver who is not licensed and who fails or refuses to provide evidence of the driver's identity on request is guilty of a class 2 misdemeanor. The evidence of identity that is presented shall contain all of the following information:

1. The driver's full name.

2. The driver's date of birth.

3. The driver's residence address.

4. A brief physical description of the driver, including the driver's sex, weight, height and eye and hair color.

5. The driver's signature.

C. A person other than the driver of a motor vehicle who fails or refuses to provide evidence of the person's identity to a peace officer or a duly authorized agent of a traffic enforcement agency on request, when such officer or agent has reasonable cause to believe the person has committed a violation of this title, is guilty of a class 2 misdemeanor.

D. A peace officer or duly authorized agent of a traffic enforcement agency may give the signal or instruction required by subsection A of this section by hand, emergency light, voice, whistle or siren.

E. A person shall not be convicted of a violation of subsection B of this section if the person provided evidence of identity required by subsection B, paragraphs 1 through 5 of this section and produces to the court a legible driver license or an authorized duplicate of the license that is issued to the person and that was valid at the time the violation of subsection B of this section occurred.

but thats in my state may not be in yours.

#150 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 11:46 AM

evidence of identity is NOT defined there
it doesn't say photo ID required
providing evidence of identity can be as simple
as saying
i'm john doe, my birthdate is 1/1/80
and i live at 1111 Main Street.
that's cooperative and gives them
all the info they need to id you.

#151 malefacter

malefacter

• Expired Member
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 11:59 AM

saying I'm someone is not evidence I could give you Any name here is a case where a man was arrested for it when riding a bike he was acquitted after spending the night in jail but when he tried to sue for false imprisonment he lost. http://azbikelaw.org/TucsonID.html

look hip I'm not trying to argue or change the topic

#152 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 12:00 PM

oral testimony is indeed 'evidence' in the legal sense.

that fellow was acquitted.

his lawsuit was dismissed
only because he was riding a bicycle
which your state considers to be
a 'motor vehicle'.
special case, not a general law.

#153 malefacter

malefacter

• Expired Member
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 12:14 PM

yes he was acquitted but he still got searched and spent the night in jail also the law says a person other than a driver of a moter vehicle which means he could have ben walking down the sidewalk.

Iv ben carded for walking down the sidewalk at 11pm before.

I think thay wear looking for someone.

#154 malefacter

malefacter

• Expired Member
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 12:34 PM

hmmm i might be wrong after looking closer you have to be breaking a trafic law wold j walking count?

#155 Guest_Glasshopper_*

Guest_Glasshopper_*

Posted 29 April 2006 - 12:57 PM

Just like when he broke the law and searched my vehicle because he "smelled" something, I could have "assaulted" him similarly just as easy.

If they really want to bust you, the can.

I was arrested a LONG time ago for assault because I hit someone in the face with a beer bottle, it was a mistake, I was trying to explain to the person he had jumped in front of me thrusting his hands in my face right after I had just fended off 2 monsterously huge (I am 150 lbs) steroid junkys when the cop told me "if you dont shut up I am going to crack your head open" I wasn't talking smack, I was trying to appologize to the man.

I saw them arrest another person (who threw up on my shoes in the paddy wagon that night) and saw them put him in a wheelchair simply because he was too drunk to comply fast enough to thier orders, I saw them do part of it when we got to the station then drag him off to a more private locale to finish the job, mind that we are all still cuffed, then I saw him 3 days later in court he was messed up, REAL BAD.

I've known MANY people f'ed up just for saying no to a cop. and yes a FEW of them won lawsuits for it but they are the minority (like the deaf man shot because he was running home after buying beer and the cop assumed he had wahooed it and shot him for not stopping when he hollered at him, because he was DEAF. Big woop he got a few grand, severe pain for life and a permanant limp. most of the money went to the hospital anyway.)

And yes, I know I should not have picked up the bottle and gone after those two, I was young, dumb, drunk and angry for having to fight simply for blowing bubbles outdoor on new years. The good thing was the charges were dropped when the man I had hurt didn't file, and I LEARNED MY LESSON.

his lawsuit was dismissed
only because he was riding a bicycle
which your state considers to be
a 'motor vehicle'.
special case, not a general law.

Acquitted yes he was but harrased he was too, the cops knowingly illegaly put him in jail. Had he pissed them off enough they would had caged him with a psychopath and he may never had gotten out.
(the only other time I was in jail was for a traffic ticket, I was put in with a bank robber and someone busted with 26 pounds of coke)

A bicycle is a "vehicle" yes but legally it is not a "Motor vehicle", it does have to follow the rules of the road but NO license is required to operate one. I could be wrong I do not know what all states laws are, but show me the motor.

Funny story:
shortly after the enactment of a bicycle helmet law ("to protect bikes from automobiles") I was riding my unicycle on a trail in the park (lots of cars on them hike & bike trails to protect the riders from). Two bicycle cops came riding up in front of me and stopped. As I aproached them they gruffly said "where is your helmit?" in a loud voice. Helmet? was my only responce as I drew closer to them. Yea, the new law requireing all bicycle riders to wear one, they growled back. Bicycle? was my only retort as I rode between them, passing the officers who looked like the robots on the old star trek Harry Mudd episode after Spok told them "everything I say is a lie".

Yes, I had looked up the law and saw it specificaly said "bicycle or three wheeled non motorized vehicle" no unicycle mentioned. And yes that is a case where knowing the law did some good, however I take threats by leo seriously because they have the ability to make good on them weather they are legal or not, and get away with it in most times.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Your papers please," "Uhh all I have is a pipe man", "zen you better come vit me"
---- A Child's garden of grass --------------------------------------------------

#156 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 05:02 PM

well of course cops break the law,
but that was not the point in dispute.

that was whether there was a law requiring
all people to carry identification
and there is not.

the law malefactor cited only applies to motorists
and only if

when such officer or agent has reasonable cause to believe the person has committed a violation of this title

#157 Sky Rayven

Sky Rayven

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 652 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 02:27 AM

That does it! I am moving to Amsterdam!

Sick and tired of this place.

google the paper trip II Might be able to find some peace of mind there.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!