• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 dudicus

dudicus

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 09:17 PM

I have one jar that is doing alright but it seems to have two aborts. Do I need to harvest everything since it is invitro and dunk or what? I don't want the abort to rot and kill my cake.

Here are some pictures

Attached Thumbnails

• abort3.jpg
  • abort2.jpg
  • abort.jpg

#2 doobydoobydoo

doobydoobydoo

Lifestyles Moderator

• Expired Member
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 09:22 PM

Close call... caps are small.. but there's dat one black cap which appears to not be doing much cept getting black n stuff... but, there could be more growth. I'd say let her go more, till more growth occurs, cuz that's not gonna be much just as of yet. You can clean the cake after birthing and picking and whatnot, and get rid of any of that abhort blackness... bleach dunking an option too... but, I thinks that in the next few days, as the others grow more fuller, you will not have toooooo much to worry about that black capped one... but keep an eye on it, don't let it rot up a storm. :) um... easy answer? lol.... you asked for it :) lol... not sure what strain either... seems like tiny caps so far ...

#3 doobydoobydoo

doobydoobydoo

Lifestyles Moderator

• Expired Member
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 09:39 PM

By close call I mean, watch them. The abhort isn't too bad, but don't let it go nuts an ruin stuff. They can go further (longer) and grow more imo. But, like I said, watch that black thing, and do let it rot up the cake.

#4 nomoreusmc

nomoreusmc

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 940 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 12:54 PM

I have the same concerns with mine, you can try and pull the abort off and put the cake with the rest of the fruits back in. If you do it be very careful and be gentel or you'll just end up with more aborts

#5 BigStemz

BigStemz

prophet of peace

• Expired Member
  • 596 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 07:08 PM

this is a continuation of a thread i had earlier about watering my casings. here are the pics everyone was asking for. i have a new question now too. are these aborts? and if they are not, what is up with the brown shit on them? and if they are aborts are they still ok to eat them even though they have brown shit on them? Thanks guysPosted Image

Posted Image

#6 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 31 October 2006 - 07:12 PM

Look like healthy young pins to me..course my eyes ain't so good. Am I missing something?

#7 BigStemz

BigStemz

prophet of peace

• Expired Member
  • 596 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 07:16 PM

In the first picture is the color okay? they redish brown worried me a little bit

#8 malefacter

malefacter

:P

• Expired Member
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 07:19 PM

if other shrooms are growing and these kinda stop than yes otherwise there pins

#9 alex27

alex27

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 07:21 PM

the brown stripes are from vermicillium...and no they are not aborts...

#10 rockawayrooms

rockawayrooms

Hash Pipe Harry

• Expired Member
  • 2,770 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 07:30 PM

Look like healthy young pins to me..course my eyes ain't so good. Am I missing something?

Right on brother,all looks to be fine to me as well!!:)

#11 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 8,085 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 October 2006 - 07:43 PM

Give em another day or two and they might be bigguns!

#12 BigStemz

BigStemz

prophet of peace

• Expired Member
  • 596 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 08:11 AM

i really wanted these casings to be covered in pins like the ones that are growing. someone recomended that i put wax paper over the casings to balance the oxygen and humidity. do they really need that. or should pins arive by themselves. i seem to only get these side pins and i want much much morePosted Imageshould the casings be more colonized before omre pins show up. im just confused as to why i am only getting a few around the edges. the two smaller ones thouh hard to see because of that damn plastic i was trying. are almost fully colonized and white on the top. currently i have no plastic on it still. i wanted to just keep going at it the same way i was. anyone oculd help me out i'd be deeply appreciative. thanks

#13 siam_jim

siam_jim

Mycotopia Mod

• Expired Member
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 08:30 AM

wondering....whats the larger brown clumps in your casing?

siam

#14 {Mr}fLoYd

{Mr}fLoYd

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 209 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 09:04 AM

this is a total guess with no prior knowledge just a little inspection of pics.

if u did not patch ur trays i would say thats why you have side pins. it looks the second tray on the left needed to be patched a while ago as the middle is not fully colonized. the sides colonized and then were exposed to some sort of light or even just when you looked in during incubation and since the sides were the first to be exposed to light they were the first to pin. your casing will probably get a staggered pin growth moving from the outside in since thats how the mycelium colonized ...

now if you patched or if im wrong no harm no foul sorry for the mix up i hate to make assumtions but i did in this case i think your trays will do fine though they will just take longer to grow out. expect better results from your second flush. i just finished an EQ grow that didnt get patched and this is why im guessing my results were similar.

#15 BigStemz

BigStemz

prophet of peace

• Expired Member
  • 596 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 09:47 AM

at one point i did patch, while they were in the incubator. i guess it could of been done again then. but im still confused as to why the two smaller casings have no pins at all. they are much more evenly colonized

ps. what brown clump? what tray do you see it in and where? if you referin to the second casing from the left in the upper left corner. im not exactly sure. it looks like rust almost. possible contam?

#16 siam_jim

siam_jim

Mycotopia Mod

• Expired Member
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 10:49 AM

let me rephrase my question, why is your casing layer so clumpy? in the first pic located in the lower left there is a like a poo or dirt clump thing and smaller ones all over the whole casing. what are those?

siam

#17 BigStemz

BigStemz

prophet of peace

• Expired Member
  • 596 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 10:52 AM

just some small dirt clumps.

#18 BigStemz

BigStemz

prophet of peace

• Expired Member
  • 596 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 09:07 PM

aborts have to b picked before rest of the shrooms rite? they cause bacteria growth once they mold or whatever? am i correct on this? and if i am i effffing hate them for making my life more difficult, but i love them to because they destroy my ass after i eat them. love hate again, man life can't just b straight can it..:eusa_snoo

:rasta:

#19 sandman

sandman

Saint PP

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,133 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 December 2006 - 12:43 AM

Nah i dont mess with em till after the rest are ready to be harvested.

#20 scoutmaster

scoutmaster

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 447 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 03:47 AM

i just get them off there when i think they are gonna rot...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!