Beast

That's Mr. Beast to you..

• Expired Member
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 11:04 PM

Hello Fellow 'Topiates,
I have recently aquired three new plants:
Posted Image
Banesteriopsis caapi, the Ayahuasca Vine - Calea Zacatechichi, The Mexican Dream Herb, and Psychotria viridis, "Chacruna".
Some closeups:
Here's the Calea Zacatechichi:
Posted Image
The Psychotria viridis:
Posted Image
And the Banesteriopsis caapi:
Posted Image
Here's a closeup of a new node on the B. caapi:
Posted Image
In this last pic, notice the droopiness of the new leaves, they aren't as 'lofty' as the rest, and as they've appeared since I've gotten the plants, I'm encouraged by the new growth, but its drooping so I'm worried too... Both the zacatechichi and the viridis have a few sets of new leaves and are looking good and healthy, no droopiness or curling, hence the concern? Is this normal behavior for new leaves of this type of plant, or do I have good reason for concern?
All I know is they like high humidity and part sun at the most, preferably indirect sunlight only. I'm guessing that they'll flourish under the same conditions that would apply to the cultivation of Salvia divinorum, and certainly if I lived in southern Mexico this wouldn't be an issue... I'm currently misting 1-2x daily, and they get no direct sunlight. The ambient humidity for my region is regularly around 50-70% or so, though temps stay in the 60-70s all summer long (PNW coast). So I'm figuring they'll be best off if left indoors, and I'm planning on continueing the daily mistings, and watering once a week or as needed... I repotted them the day after they got here with foxfarms blackgold cocoblend, so once a week will probably be all that's necessary... any suggestions?

Attached Thumbnails

• bcaapi.jpg
  • bcaapinode.jpg
  • pviridis.jpg
  • czacetechichi.jpg
  • 3newplants.jpg

#2 iamfree

iamfree

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 135 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 11:17 PM

Hey did you get that Calea from ebay? I was trying to buy one from there but i kept getting outbid and couldnt afford to keep going lol. But congrats they look really good. :D

#3 Beast

Beast

• Expired Member
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 11:37 PM

Who said I got it off ebay?

Theatrum Botanicum

#4 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 03:14 AM

Nice Beast! I'm no expert on botanicals at all. Well I know a thing or 2 about pot, but what's the explanation and uses of those puppies if you don't mind? I'm clueless. Those are pretty, well grown plants if I say so.

#5 Beast

Beast

• Expired Member
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 12:42 PM

Banesteriopsis caapi is the Ayahuasca vine, it contains harmala and harmaline.

Psychotria viridis is the 2nd plant used in making ayahuasca, the leaves of this plant contain DMT.

Calea zacatechichi is the Mexican Dream Herb. Reports on Erowid suggest that injesting a certain amount through smoke or tea will enable vivid lucid dreams.

I have no experience with ayahuasca other than syrian rue + p. cubenesis, and that's not quite it.

Last night I smoked 5-6 1" or smaller leaves from the Calea zacatechichi before bed. I smoked some cannabis earlier, and cannabis makes me sleep like a log and I never remember my dreams or dreaming for that matter. But last night I definately had some good dreams, one even had Topiates talking about my new plants, don't remember much else. Definately something there, it was initially hard to fall asleep, as in many reports, but this might have been due to 'pre-trip anxiety'. Some closed eye visuals, but those are often there whether I want them or not....

#6 Entheogeneration

Entheogeneration

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 01:59 PM

Nice plants!! I've read that the traditional way to ingest calea is to drink a tea of it, and then a calea cigarette. Possibly interested in trading a rooted cutting for a plant, cutting, or seeds? I have a large selection.

Edit: Thanks for the plant source man, GREATLY appreciate it. I can just get the plants from here, but if you wanna trade, just let me know.

#7 waylitjim

waylitjim

A Mirror Image

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,706 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 May 2005 - 02:03 PM

cannabis makes me sleep like a log and I never remember my dreams or dreaming for that matter.

That is so true, and I never realized it until this month.
I've been a daily smoker for years, so I decided take a month off.
I've been dreaming every night, it's really nice.
Having clarity back in my life is nice too. ;)

Beast, your Banesteriopsis caapi and Psychotria viridis are beautiful.
They look very healthy, so you were happy with Theatrum Botanicum?

#8 Beast

Beast

• Expired Member
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 02:07 PM

Oh yeah, I'm definately pleased with my transaction. The plants got here practically over night (though they didn't have far to go), and in good condition.

Entheogeneration, I'm not too keen on making cuttings just yet as these are brand spanking new, as in just got them this week, so I'm a bit reluctant to go chopping them up before I even make sure I've got them stabilized in the right environment, which is sort of the purpose of this thread, I'm wondering what's the best way to grow them, as I'm guessing that they'll be fine with my salvia divinorum.

#9 Entheogeneration

Entheogeneration

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 02:48 PM

Yeah, i totally understand, i probably wouldn't want to take cuttings yet either. All of your plants should do well alongside your salvia, as salvia is a pretty 'moody' plant to grow. 2 of my 5 salvia plants are about to die due to a dog whipping them with his tail.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!