#1 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,977 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 June 2008 - 10:40 PM

I'm sampling some nice oil. They are both really honey oil but one looks redder so its called red oil or cherry. Its made with ether and cleaned with water , charcoal and filters. The water solubles are removed as well as the wax and terpenes. This makes the oil extremly viscous.

You can take a pin and strectch it an arms length. Something thats hard to photograph... :amazed:

The pic with the jar is an actual jar of honey.

Attached Thumbnails

• hon4.jpg
  • hon3.jpg
  • hon2.jpg
  • hon1.jpg

• shroom_seeker and zodd like this

#2 freestar

freestar

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 655 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:06 AM

:bow:man that looks sooooo good.:eusa_clap

#3 warriorsoul

warriorsoul

Retired Moderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,802 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:16 AM

That does look nice.
whats your favorite way to smoke it?

#4 anti-oedipus

anti-oedipus

aletheia

• Expired Member
  • 191 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:18 AM

looks beautiful. thats also quite a large amount u have there! i sampled something similar years ago: if its the same stuff thats a hella of lot you got . i recall in 1980 happily paying @@@@ for a OO cap of that lovely stuff. :eusa_clap

Edited by hyphaenation, 24 February 2010 - 10:39 PM.

#5 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,977 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:18 PM

I like to smoke a small drop set on to a bed of ash in a nice pyrex pipe. First I put in a silver screen, then the ashes, tamp them down and deposit the drip in the centre.

When lighting it i'm careful not to let it flare up in flames. Just a touch of a light and it self-combusts at its own speed as you draw in.

If you light it without inhaling it fires up, ruins the hit and we yell "Fire in the hole !"

#6 ShroomGuerilla

ShroomGuerilla

Myco-Monkey

• Expired Member
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 01:12 PM

Ether eh?

So what are the basic steps? Did you de-wax through charcoal??
For the love of all things sacred that looks amazing. Pleeeeease I need to know how to make such a concoction. :bow::bow::bow:

#7 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,977 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 June 2008 - 01:49 PM

I'd be perfectly willing to discuss the cleaning up of oil, but the making of it is not something I can help with. Its dangerous and many have died or been horribley burned.

#8 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,977 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:30 PM

Ether eh?

So what are the basic steps? Did you de-wax through charcoal??

Yes , sorry for 2 year delay in adding to my answer.

Here's how to clean up oil to make honey/cherry and remove the wax.

http://mycotopia.net...html#post832562

http://mycotopia.net...html#post703134

Edited by hyphaenation, 22 February 2010 - 10:56 PM.

#9 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,480 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:39 PM

Mmmmm.Looks real Tasty.:weedpoke:

#10 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,977 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:50 PM

whats your favorite way to smoke it?

This oil is smoked on a fat ash in a glass pipe , vaporized on a hot spoon hosed-clamped to an alcohol burner or on a "smokeless coal" fondue style coal. Also its very good soaked into mullein and then vaporized in a volcano etc.

Very potent.

Very expansive in the lungs. Full of THC.

Edited by hyphaenation, 22 February 2010 - 10:59 PM.

#11 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,686 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:18 PM

Yum! :rasta:

Are you isomerizing your oil? I HIGHLY recommend it (pun intended) and I've been doing it according to the instructions that came with the Iso-2 hash oil reflux extractor/isomerizer (pictured below). With indica-dominant strains I've gotten roughly a four-fold increase in potency; the more couch-lock the herb causes, the larger the potency boost from isomerizing and the couch-lock vanishes afterwards since the CBD has been isomerized into THC and the THC is made higher-rotating so the high is very clean and clear but insanely strong. :headbang:

It's such a great thing that I even isomerized my share of some bubblehash I helped make a while back (but not in that machine; I did that with a custom setup using minimal heat to preserve the flavor of the bubble, which was very successful)

I have all the original parts and documentation (including the warranty registration card, lol!) plus the original light bulb it used as a heat source still works (this was made in 1976!).

http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1266898065

Attached Thumbnails

• ISO-2.jpg

• ShroomGuerilla and kcmoxtractor like this

#12 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,977 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:24 PM

Thats classic TV-C ! Awesome pic thanks.

The most we do is decarboxylate the leaf/shake that goes into the oil. The rest is cleaning up non-psycho actives like tar , wax & chlorophyll.

There is a stage where its in the freezer but no isomerization as such. We've looked into it , but as it stands this is approaching the holy-grail of oil already , not to toot horns ... just really happy with it.

Edited by hyphaenation, 23 February 2010 - 01:55 AM.

#13 ShroomGuerilla

ShroomGuerilla

Myco-Monkey

• Expired Member
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:25 AM

TV....that.....is...amazing....:amazed::amazed:

#14 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,904 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:39 AM

That thing looks really similar to a coldfinger, but with a little more under the hood, thanks for sharing TV and hyph!

#15 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,686 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2010 - 10:38 PM

That thing looks really similar to a coldfinger, but with a little more under the hood, thanks for sharing TV and hyph!

Yeah, I've seen those coldfinger extractors and I'd prefer mine be made of glass, but stainless is ok and my Iso-2 rig can extract about 5 ounces of ground up leaf or bud at a time (up to 8 if I finely powder it) so I ain't complaining!

#16 ShroomGuerilla

ShroomGuerilla

Myco-Monkey

• Expired Member
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 04:48 PM

any pics of your final product TV?
:roll:
  • Psoulocybe likes this

#17 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,904 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:19 PM

Yeah, I've seen those coldfinger extractors and I'd prefer mine be made of glass, but stainless is ok and my Iso-2 rig can extract about 5 ounces of ground up leaf or bud at a time (up to 8 if I finely powder it) so I ain't complaining!

Very nice! I think the most I ever ran in the coldfinger was ~4oz.

I just reread your post above, and this time (:rasta:) I noticed the little bit about isomerizing some bubble... if you could give us a how to on that, or just the isomerization process you use in general, that would be amazing! :bow: The only way that I have seen is using EtOH and H2SO4, but it is reported to only yield about 50-60%.

#18 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,686 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 February 2010 - 09:04 AM

any pics of your final product TV?
:roll:

Hadn't really thought about that since it kind of looks like an unwashed bowl of something someone had for dinner two weeks ago (well, from a distance it looks like that, and my camera sucks but I'll see what I can do). This week's kinda hectic but this weekend I'll see if I can take a shot that doesn't just look like dirty dishes that are out of focus, lol.

As for making it, I used denatured alcohol that I'd distilled beforehand 'cause I'm paranoid that way, and right out of the jug it's a lot drier than ethanol so it's a little more selective too. Warmed the alcohol/bubblehash in a shallow dish set up like a double-boiler (bear in mind I didn't have much bubblehash to start with, only a few grams for this experiment). When most had dissolved, I added 10 drops of 100% concentrated H2SO4, let sit covered and kept warm -just below a simmer- for a couple hours (this was all done outside, btw).

To neutralize the acid I put some baking soda in a couple of coffee filters and tied them up into an improvised tea bag that I steeped in the alc/bubble for about 30 min, then rinsed it thoroughly with more alcohol before discarding to reclaim as many molecules of THC as possible from the filter paper. I did that to spare myself the trouble of having to set up a rig for filtering the whole mess since I had relatively little to start with. At this point it's just a matter of evaping off the alc. which I did with very gentle heat and a light breeze from a small fan. It took hours longer than it would've at higher temps but it retained most of the original bubblehash flavor but with a slight twist that a friend described as "like blond Lebanese hash just after it's been freshly made" which is something I've never had so I'll take his word for it. I thought it was "really fucking good!"

I'll be back, if it's ok with hyph since this is his thread, after all...

#19 bear

bear

Silly Animal

• Expired Member
  • 984 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 12:30 PM

seriously... how do you get it in the little vials? that's the hardest part!

#20 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,977 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 February 2010 - 12:36 PM

seriously... how do you get it in the little vials? that's the hardest part!

Can't cry over spilled oil ...

Honestly practice makes perfect. Trial and error caused me to learn that its best to use a "jet" lighter to heat the bigger vial. Normal lighters cause black soot on the vial which is a PITA .

Its a matter of only heating it enough to freely pour the next few vials. Its the classic laboratory vial to vial pour ...

I use a garbage bag tier to hold the bigger vial so I don't burn myself on the hot glass.

I'll be back, if it's ok with hyph since this is his thread, after all...

Share and share alike. Post away.

Love the isomerization info !

Edited by hyphaenation, 26 February 2010 - 01:21 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!