Posted 08 June 2008 - 08:04 PM

:( sadness Freaky

#22 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• Expired Member
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:03 PM

Okay, had some wifi issues last night: here is an update.......

Damn rolly polly's found my pans and decided the healthy pan plates are worth busting through the weed blocker material for :nunchuck:

These 2 I just left out of the homemade bag. I placed them under the hosta's again. I'm sure the bugs will demolish them.

IMG_5077.jpg :puke: ~~~~looks like the leprechaun shit in my pan plate. Can't figure where the infection came from.

The trash can is doing okay. I dumped a bag of perlite into the bottom and sprayed the can. The material isn't allowing rain water in. Hopefully the perlite will provide some added moisture. I've also instructed my friend to spray inside daily.
IMG_5072.jpg

What sux most, we've had great weather and I figured the weed blocker material would work great. I found it doesn't work for what I needed it's use to be.

Test 1 results : no good, back to the drawing board.
:eusa_booh

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_5076.jpg
  • IMG_5075.jpg

#23 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,330 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 June 2008 - 01:11 PM

Hey Freaky.

Thats strange that the trichman worked so fast on that one plate. You'd expect a wee break out but thats pretty complete. Was there a triched bug stuck inside there ? :rasta:

Did you case that one pan-plate ? (or is that triched one cubie ? )

Hope it goes well.

H

#24 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 01:44 PM

The weed block will pass water when it's in contact with the soil but does have a repellant quality when elevated...Regular screen material would work on the topside..
Gonna need some light for your rye grass..
Gluk with the others..Are the cubes going to fruit thru those hoes..?

#25 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• Expired Member
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 07:32 PM

Hyph......I have no idea where the trich came from, when I opened it I couldn't believe it. I don't know if it was a bug, or what. Nasty leprechaun :lol:

I cased all of the pan plates. I might just case them again in a few days if nothing else is happening.

Golly, I came to the conclusion about the weed blocker stuff too after looking at my loss. It must work great against the soil, or substrate, but not away from it. Good lookin' out on that :bow: I bet it'd be great for outdoor beds layering the bottom to keep worms and such out.

I'm going to slice the panty hose after they colonize a bit more. Ideally it'd be great if they fruited right off the hose, but, for now I'll see if it even colonizes the material. If not, slice and dice, so they can pop through the holes.

I'm getting ready to spawn a bunch more mycro bags and starting new projects, so these failures have at least been teaching me I'm going about my ultimate goal all wrong.

#26 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• Expired Member
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:36 PM

:puke:

Not doing so good. Pans are nill, growing some nice grass, thats about all. They got waterlogged :( But no fear, I have more I will be messing with here shortly.

Photo's show how crappy they are doing. But I tried to remedy the problem, which was the nylons.

Note to self, can't get sooooo stoned before building outdoor logs next time. Don't use nylons, just from what I saw, they were the problem.

So, I birthed em out, and layed em in the bottom of the trash can on top of the perlite, cased lightly to help some, and watered (last photo was before watering).

I will be updating with new projects this weekend :)

At least I've got a few for me and a few friends for now.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_5139.jpg
  • IMG_5138.jpg
  • IMG_5137.jpg

#27 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• Expired Member
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:42 PM

had some trouble getting the pix to upload :gah:

the logs were very thirsty despite being watered 2 times a day. Hopefully open air will help them fruit a bit better. I'll most likely bury these after the first flush. :eusa_booh

WTF??????? it won't upload my pics????????

:gah:

#28 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:48 PM

Nice mushies so far Freaky. Good luck with the logs :thumbup:

and hopefully those pics wont give you any more trouble :gah::)

#29 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:56 PM

Hey Freaky , i think you've got a run in your hoes...:)

Boomers look good..Best to wait for the real heat of Summer fer those Pans..I just got nailed by cool weather in the 60's - they no likee...

#30 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• Expired Member
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:03 PM

:horse: fuck it, I'll try another day to show more photos :(

#31 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• Expired Member
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:08 PM

Posted Image

I used chat for that upload, then got booted :lol:

Thanks, but they could be a lot better, just poor planning in advance.

Golly, I wonder if that could be it with the pans, it was 90's for a while, then cold spell. July/August might be best. I'm going to mess with them a bit more in about a month my jars should be ready to go by then.

Heheh, I had to cut the panty hose. I've got a really funny pic, but I can't upload it now, so it'll have to wait. Made me laugh pretty good.

#32 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:27 PM

that shot in the shape of the container is great!

#33 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• Expired Member
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 10:56 AM

Thanks Eatyu!!!!

I was able to get the pix to upload. Hopefully we'll be seeing a full flush here in a few days :eusa_pray

I'll add some additional projects this weekend......gotta go strawberry picking now though .......mmmmmmmmm.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_5143.jpg
  • IMG_5141.jpg
  • IMG_5142.jpg

#34 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• Expired Member
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:51 PM

Just some update pics. I'm planning on moving these to a hole in the ground with some poo and mulch casing for future flushes. Just having a hard time getting them happy.

Pics for you :)

The Argentina strain is throwing some nice clusters. Making me wish I could do an indoor grow with them. I think they'd be a nice strain to work an isolate with. Anyway, on to the pics. Last pic is from yesterday. Very slow growing :(

IMG_5157.jpg

IMG_5158.jpg

IMG_5160.jpg

So far things didn't turn out the way I was hoping, but it did help me visualize my future endeavors!

#35 Mycomaniac2007

Mycomaniac2007

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:54 PM

I Like The Natural Look Of Outdoor Grows , Looks Great !

#36 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:23 PM

Nice :eusa_clap

i hope the temperatures rise soon and bring you some
additional flushes and boomers :thumbup:

#37 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• Expired Member
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:42 PM

:love: Thanks Friends!

I'm hoping to work on some Pans again soon, 5 jars almost ready to go :)

I love the ease of outdoor cultivation. Its been hard for the past couple years because it must remain stealth above all else, and in secret locations, so its tough to work out a good consistent outdoor process. I'm of course never giving up!

#38 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• Expired Member
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 12:06 PM

I got a call from SWIM while on lunch and was instructed to visit my garbage tonight after work :lol:

:eusa_pray
I'm hoping for something better to share with my Myco Friends tonight :dance:

#39 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• Expired Member
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 10:54 PM

I could have left these another day to mature but picked em anyway to save me a trip tomorrow night. I gotta make a point to show SWIM what "mature" shroomies look like, though to his credit a few caps had opened.

Anyway, the update pics are below.
The flushes might be a bit shitty for now, but DAMN, that Argentina strain is solid, like a rock!!!!! :headbang:
Right on par with PE for solid stems.
I'm going to have to do some further research with this strain.
Not tall specimens, but that could be my environment and poor fruiting conditions they are in.
The clusters are amazing to me.

I'm very happy with the strain, thats for sure :thumbup:

And this pic, I have to share with you. It made me laugh after I took it a while back. I didn't realize what it looked like till after I loaded the pics into my computer. :lol:

IMG_5126.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_5190.jpg
  • IMG_5188.jpg
  • IMG_5184.jpg
  • IMG_5183.jpg
  • IMG_5181.jpg

#40 sangraal

sangraal

Gnowledge in Gnature

• Expired Member
  • 997 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 10:57 PM

And this pic, I have to share with you. It made me laugh after I took it a while back. I didn't realize what it looked like till after I loaded the pics into my computer. :lol:

IMG_5126.jpg

Damn those are some hemorrhoids! lol
Congrats on your success, even if a day too soon!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!