• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 doodaa man

doodaa man

getting to know thyself

• Expired Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:31 AM

My last grow went south since temps in the northeast were hellish.
99 degrees for a few days . so i dumped my cakes , straw pillow and casings out in my compost pile. added some more staw and composted pooo. mixed it up and let it go. temps cooled a bit after a cold front came threw with a few storms. so this morning i go out to toss coffee grownds on the new pile and look what i found popping up out of the ground ! first time this ever worked for me ! not much but hay , what the heck ! nice find if only on so far !:headbang: do ya think i might get a few more ? lots of sub below the dirt !

Attached Thumbnails

• Imported Photos 00013.jpg
  • Imported Photos 00016.jpg
  • Imported Photos 00014.jpg
  • Imported Photos 00015.jpg

#2 bear

bear

Silly Animal

• Expired Member
  • 984 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:34 AM

probably the first of a few :)

#3 doodaa man

doodaa man

getting to know thyself

• Expired Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 09:15 AM

yea i hope so. the cap as you can see has a hole in it. not sure why. maybe bugs ? it's the fattest PE i have ever gotten to grow. outdoor grows rock ! plus all the added nutrients
looking foreward to see more sprout up since indoor grows are done for the summer !

#4 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 09:53 AM

good luck-might spread some DiatomacEous earth and pest traps nearby so you get the crop, not the slugs.

#5 doodaa man

doodaa man

getting to know thyself

• Expired Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:29 AM

thanks hip. i was thinking about that. i did have some but don't know if i have any left. off to the store i guess !

#6 HUMBLE STUDENT

HUMBLE STUDENT

Keeper Of The Spores

• Expired Member
  • 728 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 11:53 AM

first try? really ? awsome work then my friend I have been trying to get an outdoor bed goin for a while with no luck. hope you get a bunch more

#7 doodaa man

doodaa man

getting to know thyself

• Expired Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 12:52 PM

Thanks HB, Yea just threw the things i have been working on indoors broken up into compost pile added straw some composted poo and dug into soil. if you look up my last thread you'll see what went into the ground. oh and for the very top layer i spread in so verm and grass seed. to make a micro climate. and all the rain did help i guess ! waiting for more:eusa_pray:eusa_pray

#8 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 06:08 PM

i just did the same myself with some oakridge and orrisa. they werent spent but were growing agonizingly slow so i put them outdoors. i have 3 small clusters growing, they seem to be maturing slowly but that was the prob in the first place. good luck

#9 doodaa man

doodaa man

getting to know thyself

• Expired Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 06:30 AM

thanks guys ! that one boy had gotten bigger and fatter overnight. Had some showers with a cool front. i covered him with a plastic pot to protect . my old lady says he is bigger then i'em. I'm getting worried ! LOL :rolleyes: more pic's to come !

#10 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 06:43 AM

i'll grab a pic today if you dont mind. lol, your old lady has a sence of humor at least:eusa_sile

#11 siam_jim

siam_jim

Mycotopia Mod

• Expired Member
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:21 AM

t my old lady says he is bigger then i'em. I'm getting worried ! LOL :rolleyes: more pic's to come !

lol but ours is always there... great work there. anymore showed?

siam

#12 doodaa man

doodaa man

getting to know thyself

• Expired Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:20 AM

hay jim ! na nada, just this one big fat uncut penis and i'm full of envy. my old lady is gonna drop me for this guy. i hope to get him out of the picture soon ! I hope later in the season, like september i'll get a flush.
who knows ? I don't know what sprung him into life it was hot as balls last week and the soil was not all that hot. it get a little sun in late afternoon. but i keep it shaded. any how here are pic's from yesterday and today !

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_1963.jpg
  • 100_1964.jpg
  • 100_1961.jpg
  • 100_1960.jpg
  • 100_1962.jpg
  • 100_1959.jpg
  • Imported Photos 00019.jpg

#13 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,560 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:41 AM

Try to keep the top layer moist, and cover w/ some dry leaves or straw or something very loose and airy to shade and protect the developing pins. Yours looks mulched already, but I've found a thicker layer helps even more.

Outdoor patches can handle a lot more water than indoor so unless it's raining about an inch a week, a good soaking with a hose helps IME. Don't blast it with the hose of course, but simulating a gentle rain on it for awhile is good.

When I toss my spent substrates outside, I wrap them in window screen gathered up at the top so I can get in to pick the shrooms. I put the bundle in a shady spot and cover it with a loose layer of dry leaves for camo and shade, and water as needed.

Once you see some big fat pins coming up, watch the patch closely. Check it every few hours, since outdoor mushrooms can mature extremely quickly. You see a nice big pin in the morning, then late that afternoon you return to find a wide-open cap and everything blackened with spores and the mushroom starting to get soft. Pick outdoor mushrooms early rather than late, in other words. Less buggy, too.

Hope more come up for ya!

#14 teesus

teesus

numb

• Free Member
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:57 AM

is this a new pin there?
Imported Photos 00019.jpg

#15 doodaa man

doodaa man

getting to know thyself

• Expired Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 03:04 PM

Na tee. that is a seed from the tree above. You got me excited at first , lol.
TV thank you for the advice. Yea i try to keep it moist on top and add loose grass clippings as i can. I did get a bag of "dia earth" as hip suggested . Temps in the mid to low 70's for the next couple of days with chance of showers each day . So i sprinkle the "D" earth when it gets wet to keep away the slugs. But i do have fungus nats hanging around also. I have some fungus nat killer, organic. but it's used to kill when in larva stage when in the soil. don't wanna use that and risk damage to the mycil under the ground. So I might put some window screen to form a tent to protect from fllying pest's. This guy is slow to mature. i'm thinking because of warmer weather from the start and the last two nights dropped down to the mid to high 50's. I think he will need to be picked soon ! Any suggestions on how to pick not to cause too much damage to the under ground network ? Just twist untill it comes loose ? I did read the wild mushroom hunters guide thred ! but forget what it said about that !

#16 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 03:48 PM

hey doodaa, here is the pic of mine. it has been chilly here only getting 55-60 even during the day. i would have thought i should have been picking already.
recent 267.jpg

#17 doodaa man

doodaa man

getting to know thyself

• Expired Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:12 PM

After giving a little shower, i was fluffing up the mulch and look what i found! got another one:eusa_clap:heart::amazed::loveeyes: damn i'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_1971.jpg
  • 100_1970.jpg
  • 100_1969.jpg
  • 100_1968.jpg
  • 100_1967.jpg
  • 100_1966.jpg
  • 100_1965.jpg

#18 doodaa man

doodaa man

getting to know thyself

• Expired Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:14 PM

damn two guys thats a nice few clusters looking very good !

#19 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:32 PM

thanks, yours too. that one is getting pretty large! lol, looks like the lady at the nursery mislabled the dianthus? you will have to thank her for that.:weedpoke:

#20 doodaa man

doodaa man

getting to know thyself

• Expired Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 06:31 PM

2 guys, not sure what u ment by mislable ? Well went back out and did more fluffing of the mulch and found a cluster just starting out ! Hot damn ! that compost pile is on a roll ! It's an old pile that is from last year. the new pile is just behind it . you can see it in some of the wide pic's. well i'm happier the a pig in hippies dunky doo ! and that is what i used in the casing grow that i thrown in that pile ! once again hip's dunky doo does it again ! more pic's to come as the PE uncut come LOL

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!