#1 Raziel

Raziel

We will ... live forever

• Expired Member
  • 2,375 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:29 PM

Hi folks

Just finished the first flush, most of the shrooms veil had broke and were dropping spores so picked them all then went over it again and picked all the aborts, got about 50 good size shrooms :)

I can't dunk this in water for 24 hours as the tek I used was layer of verm, layer of cake and layer of verm. Whats the best way to hydrate this project to get ready for the next flush and should I do anything to promote new pins to arrive apart from the infamous pin dance ?

The shrooms I picked are on my bedroom floor on a layer of news paper with a layer on top to protect from light and help absorb moisture, is this sufficient for drying ?

#2 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:53 PM

i think a fan would help along in the drying area. not sure how long it would take your way. also with 50 good shrooms coming off it would probably need to be dunked. if you cant lift it out whole, try flooding it with some distilled or boiled water with something on top to weigh it down. i just use my tap water but i have a country well. then after your period of time drain it off well.

#3 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:57 PM

you could just lightly mist the casing layer and repatch any areas that have damage. if its just a verm casing. ive seen mixed results. great and not so great. in experience, not so great. what ive done with casings on cubensis, and some may disagree, is flood it. you simply use a sink spray nozzle to hose down and scratch the surface of the casing. it should be gentle enough to allow minimal damage to your casing. let the water pool for a few hours. then drain it off very well. but you really need to clean any dead pins or broken fruit material off the casing first.

if you have never had experience dunking, i suggest not doing this and just mist with a fine mist spray bottle. you may even be able to apply a thin minimal amount of casing or patch the areas with damage. good luck.

then just fan or whatever your setup, just do as normal and you should start seeing pins in about 5 days.

good luck.

#4 Raziel

Raziel

We will ... live forever

• Expired Member
  • 2,375 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2008 - 05:39 PM

Thanks guys :)

Im not going to drown it because as it is my first time at this in a while I didn't think ahead and I forgot to drill holes in my washing up bowl to allow drainage so getting the water out would be very messy and damaging. Im going to take your advice and just mist the top,I have already injected about half a pint of water beneath the verm so hopefully will be ok and its pretty moist now.

The harvest is going to be on my bedroom floor with newpaper for the time being but tomorrow im going to go out and buy some desiccant. I wont be able to use a fan at all as my galfriend wouldn't allow it to be on for any length of time :lol: but if I put them in a drawer or large container with large amount of desiccant this would work better than just news paper ? good results you think ?

I just checked for any pins and fruit material I missed, there was some but has been removed now. Patched some patches that were showing where the shrooms were with verm that was alreading part of the casing, as I've ran out of that too, so all should be good now :)

Just going to wait now :smokin:

#5 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:57 PM

you should be fine raziel but, might I suggest something? you must dry the shroms as fast as possible without any heat. So you might be able to put them on a screen cause news paper very well may absorb the psil since its absorbant. The chemical dessiant may indeed cause some unwanted effects. Now, back to what I was going to tell you. Find some cow or horse dung mix it with water then boil then straing with a screen type strainer let it cool then suck that up and inject that into you sub and watch what happens. I am sure ou will like the results inject say 10 cc every 2 inches of so woth a relativly small needle. This won't hur th mycelium base but, in fact will add nutrients to the sub that he mushies will thrive on for 2 to 3 more flushes and just watch what happens man try it.

#6 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,790 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 June 2008 - 01:27 AM

Find some cow or horse dung mix it with water then boil then straing with a screen type strainer let it cool then suck that up and inject that into you sub and watch what happens. I am sure ou will like the results inject say 10 cc every 2 inches of so woth a relativly small needle. This won't hur th mycelium base but, in fact will add nutrients to the sub that he mushies will thrive on for 2 to 3 more flushes and just watch what happens man try it.

Would the store bought "compost tea" work as well. If one were opposed to acquiring poo and boiling it?

#7 Raziel

Raziel

We will ... live forever

• Expired Member
  • 2,375 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:30 AM

you should be fine raziel but, might I suggest something? you must dry the shroms as fast as possible without any heat. So you might be able to put them on a screen cause news paper very well may absorb the psil since its absorbant. The chemical dessiant may indeed cause some unwanted effects. Now, back to what I was going to tell you. Find some cow or horse dung mix it with water then boil then straing with a screen type strainer let it cool then suck that up and inject that into you sub and watch what happens. I am sure ou will like the results inject say 10 cc every 2 inches of so woth a relativly small needle. This won't hur th mycelium base but, in fact will add nutrients to the sub that he mushies will thrive on for 2 to 3 more flushes and just watch what happens man try it.

Dude that's a good idea! I posted a topic about adding nutrients to the casing after the first flush , I was going to add sugar or honey water but was told it would be prone to contams so I just forgot about it but poo water is a great idea cus it would be less likely to get a contam. Im riding up to the hills today to collect some horse shit and will let you know how I get on :D

#8 Raziel

Raziel

We will ... live forever

• Expired Member
  • 2,375 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:55 AM

I've aquired some horse shit so what im going to do is mix it with water boil it for say 15 minutes as I have no idea, then strain with a colender and then suck up the liquid and inject about 5 cc in every 2sq inch's, I would inject 10 cc but I've already hydrated the casing.

If this is not correct then better tell me because im going to do it within the next 2 hours :D Hope the results are good.
  • Soulocybin likes this

#9 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 05:55 PM

I would actually boil it for like 30 miuntes or so ad remember allow it to cool cause if you inject the dung water in hot you'll cook dem mushies LOL but, yes that should do just fine man and your mushies should explode and i hope you get so many mushies that you have to use a chainsaw to get inside the FC.

#10 Raziel

Raziel

We will ... live forever

• Expired Member
  • 2,375 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 June 2008 - 06:56 PM

Thanks mate, I will be doing this in the morning so hopefully all goes well. I already hydrated my casing about 2 days ago and the mycelium is already starting to knot and oins are appearing :D injecting with this horse shit water won't disturb it too much will it ? I have to go carefull aswell because like I said I already hydrated it and gave it a heavy misting so don't wont to over do it.

I will post my results as soon as they appear :D

#11 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 07:07 PM

since you have already hydratied the sub perhaps 2ccs every 2 square inches until the thrid flush then use like 5 to 7 ccs for a total rehydration inject close to the pins but, not close enough to harm them and as your squirting out the dung water remember to raise the needle up so you don't get pockets of water, so the injected liquid will be uniform so to speak.
  • Soulocybin likes this

#12 Raziel

Raziel

We will ... live forever

• Expired Member
  • 2,375 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 June 2008 - 07:07 PM

Cool I'll do that :bow:

#13 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 07:17 PM

anytime bro hopefully we'll get pics soon

#14 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:19 PM

check this out. real simple
takes a few days but it works great!

http://archives.myco...html?1072655415

#15 Raziel

Raziel

We will ... live forever

• Expired Member
  • 2,375 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:29 PM

I personnaly dont have a fan at all, just drying them in my room in the open on top a cheast of drawers. I am keeping the light off them though :weedpoke:

#16 Raziel

Raziel

We will ... live forever

• Expired Member
  • 2,375 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 June 2008 - 07:40 AM

Do you think that the liquid I get from boiling this god awful horse shit will keep for awhile ? Im going to have about 2 pints of this shit and I really REALLY do not want to be cooking this shit again for awhile but I will probably need it aagin in about 10-14 days. Will it keep in the fridge or at room temp for 10-14 days ?:drk:

#17 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 03:52 PM

it should man if you fill the jars completly to the top and cap them. I am however unsure as to how long it will keep? its just pure liquid right you strained out everything else

#18 Raziel

Raziel

We will ... live forever

• Expired Member
  • 2,375 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 June 2008 - 04:28 PM

It ok man I chucked it down the sink :D was going to put it in the fridge and label it "Marmite" haha. It was just the liqud bit aswell.

I leeched the poo first by puting it in a colander and letting water run on it for about 5min just in case but it was pretty dry anyway. Chucked it in a pan and boiled for 30 min the used the colander again to filter all the big bits of poo out *vomits in mouth*

let it cool, and I think I injected about half a pint into my casing, I got carried away :D

You must note all this was done while my galfriend was at work because if she knew I wouldn't be alive now :lol:

#19 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 04:38 PM

yeah man I KNOW THE FEELING mine usally make me do the stinky stuff outside LOL:eusa_shhh or it would be :laser::flamer:for me man well i am sure the added nutrients to sub will totally give those mushies the boosts they are looking for are the pinning again yet?

#20 Raziel

Raziel

We will ... live forever

• Expired Member
  • 2,375 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 June 2008 - 04:52 PM

Yup they are pinning :D

about 10-15 at the moment,even before I added the extra nutrient boost the mycelium had started growing back all over the verm and was knotting. Im sure more pins will form later by the look of it. I would post a pic but my camera phone is very crappy and you wont see the detail.

I'll post pics before the harvest though :rasta:

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!