Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:55 PM

Hey whatever happened to Jack Shit?

#24 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,572 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 June 2008 - 06:56 AM

However, if you travel a bit, you will discover that people deal with leftover poop in different ways in other parts of the world. In Europe, for example, that water fountain in the bathroom isn't for drinking. It's a bidet for hosing off after using the toilet.

Uh-oh. :eek:

Why don't they put a little sign or something on those things?? I mean, how the hell are American's supposed to know that?

I was a little suspicious about how close it was to the toilet, now that I think about it.

Seriously though, squatting is far and away the best way to pinch those loaves. It's the natural posture and a straighter shot to the exit so far less toilet paper is needed.

And low-tech composting of our poop is an absolutely vital technology whenever lots of people gather where there's no treatment system (like post-Katrina New Orleans, or any major disaster). People stop laughing at my descriptions of my own poop-composting experience when I get to the part about how it's a very cheap and simple way to prevent cholera, dysentery, contaminated drinking water, etc. thus potentially saving many lives in refugee-type situations. It also saves all that precious potable water we currently crap in so it'll be catching on in other contexts too. IMO, within 20 years it will be the primary method we all use.

#25 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 07:20 AM

I use cow and horse poo in our garden compost.
As well in my mushroom grows.
I guess the one thing not mentioned here is that all the button and portabella mushrooms you buy and eat are also grown in composted poo from horses.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!