• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 414 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 05:37 PM

ok one last question on spawn bags and then ill stop asking about them.this will be my first time using them so im not to sure how much they hold as in quart amount per bag.looked up on mycobag.com and it just doesnt say how much subtrate the small,large.or medium bags hold.anyone with this information def give me the run down on them....peace....

#2 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 08:04 AM

is this a double post ?
coulda swore i answered this a couple days ago.
hrmm,
i put about a quart in the mediums
but they could easily hold twice as much

#3 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 414 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 11:50 AM

ok do i put water on the bottom of the pc like you would for jars for spawnbags.or just use wet towels.need answers in a hurry.....peace..

#4 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 12:15 PM

you always need water to run a pc
you must not let it run dry ever

#5 nomoreusmc

nomoreusmc

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 940 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 12:52 PM

or you cant turn it into a time bomb. If you run a pc dry you warp it or crack it turning it into a very dangerous situation

#6 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 414 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 02:21 PM

gotcha thanx.thats what i thought but when i looked in the archives i couldnt find the info on that or i just wasnt looking hard enough...this is my first time using bags so i dont wanna this getting fuct up...peace....

#7 wayback

wayback

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 325 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 08:29 PM

Who's the cheapest, and provides the best quality?
The spore works offers the bags at a decent price, but I couldn't find the sealers. On the net I found a place called Uline.com, and they offer a good price, but I would perfer to get everything from one dependable vendor. Shipping for two orders could easily outweigh the affordabilty.
Please prodive some insight people, as I really want to try and purchace these items this next weekend. Thanks.

#8 Guest_Peter Cottontail_*

Guest_Peter Cottontail_*

Posted 15 May 2005 - 10:02 PM

Roll up the filter patch bag like a loaf of bread on the end, and seal it with tie wire. There is no need to buy an impulse sealer.
RR

#9 shobimono

shobimono

Chat Admin

• Free Member
  • 833 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 11:05 PM

Impulse sealers are handy for many purposes other than sealing spawn bags.
You can get a decent price on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/...7514738221&rd=1

this model has a 3mm seal which is nice. I've seen cheap models with a 1mm seal which imho is not adequate enough.

#10 doobydoobydoo

doobydoobydoo

Lifestyles Moderator

• Expired Member
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 11:11 PM

Yes, I've been rolling mine about 8-10 times over... then holding with a clothespin... no impulse sealers :) Though I found a cheapo handheld for $5 at wallymart near the bags. Not the good full size ones.

The were a sponser here..... www.mycobag.com... but not is www.mycofactory.com.... got myself some bags there. Very reasonable imo.

#11 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 11:22 PM

Much love Shobi. Much love for sure. I just had 50 prints go to the trash due to my sealer crappin out. I can't believe I didn't check ebay.

#12 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 09:03 AM

i got mine from uline, it's nice, heavy duty.
price was pretty good, too.
another source for bags was unicorn bags

#13 troutlips

troutlips

VIP Moderator

• Expired Member
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 03:06 PM

I just bunch up the top of the bags and do it up tight with a zip tie.
If you don't have the filter patch, you can wad up some polyfil and cinch it up in the neck of the bag.;)

#14 wayback

wayback

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 325 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 07:10 PM

I took shoobie's advise and went the ebay route. Many thanks. New 12 sealer for 47.88, including shipping.

Even though I haved used the twisted bag method, as well as the zip lock with verm seal with fairly decent success, I'm also looking for a long term storage solution. Plus, one day in the still too distant future when I can afford to build a flow hood, I want to be able to do multiple bag experiments, instead of just two crammed into a glove box. Or so I dream.

#15 a420kid

a420kid

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 10:31 AM

ok this might be a dumb question lol but anyway I wanna get one of Hippies Rye spawn bags all ready full. do I just have to inject spores through the filter patch and wait? id like to grow invitro if i can
thx

#16 a420kid

a420kid

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 10:33 AM

oh yeah and how much many CC's of spores per bag?

#17 toasty

toasty

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 269 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 11:09 AM

i put 4 or 5 cc's in mine...your mileage may vary, but this works for me.

#18 HatchetMan

HatchetMan

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 03:11 PM

I was gonna use some autoclavable turkey bags. And a polly fill filter patch. Any ideas of how i should go about using this?

#19 shobimono

shobimono

Chat Admin

• Free Member
  • 833 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 04:44 PM

You can take a small piece of pvc pipe, say 3 inches long of 1.5 inch pipe. You fill it with polyfill, stick it in the neck of the bag and rubberband itit place, then wrap with aluminum foil and pc.

#20 HatchetMan

HatchetMan

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 02:14 PM

yeah.. But it seems that the pvc would get in the way the steralizing processes. Can i put theese bags in a pressure cooker?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!