• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 seymoor

seymoor

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 01:53 PM

This "cake" is whole grain wheat with kitty litter (zeolit is a mineral with properties like large surface area, good water holding capabilities, mold resistance etc),
it,s in a birthing chamber "poor mans pod" style, with RH 96%-99%, temp is fairly high it can achive 28 celsius, the air is prefiltered with a bottle of H2O2 then enters the chamber in every 1 or 2 hours for 15 minutes.
The cake is there for 3-4 days now with very fluffy myc grow, no knots.
Is there something I can do?
What does this means?

Attached Files

#2 Looky

Looky

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,873 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 01:56 PM

All you can do is wait. They will be coming along soon. Fluffy mycelium is good. I saw pins at 9 days, but I saw a lot of pins, so I think if I looked at 8 days carefully I would have seen some. Some people say that they don't see pins for a little over 2 weeks. Just hang in there, the first batch is the hardest as far as having to wait.

#3 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 02:20 PM

I never noticed any knots before my mushies sprouted... one morning I found a million pins that seemed to have appeared from nowhere.... I had to wait almost 2 weeks...

#4 seymoor

seymoor

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 06:06 PM

The solution was more frequent air exchange, and changing the location of the chamber so the temp felt down.

I belive high temp + high humidity + high CO2 levels caused the cake to look like that.
The bubbler -without any holes in the FC- could not produce proper air exchange.

Also learned that I don't need a bubbler to maintain 100% RH.
It would be great to see how does the gases like CO2 or O2 behaving in an FC.
Is CO2 really mix with the air like RR wrote, and not settle on the bottom?
Are those FAE holes covered with filters really help with gas/air exchange or something else?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!