Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

which of these 2 trays would you put your poo in?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 chrisnh

chrisnh

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 584 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 11:22 PM

the big one or 2 of the small ones? the depth is the same and either way will hold the exact same volume. would there be any difference that would make one better than the other? if it makes any diff the plan is to use donkey poo without a casing put into a shotgun with lots of perlite. thanks Posted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0819 (Medium).JPG

#2 jason_

jason_

Dirty South

• Expired Member
  • 177 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 11:44 PM

Just judging by the looks, I'd go with the one on the left... It really just comes down to personal preference though. Personally, I just like bigger subs...

One thing: If you have smaller subs, if you lose one you'll still have the other.

-Jason

#3 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:06 AM

cat litter tray. those work great. if you put your sub layer almost to the top so about 4" or so then 1/4" casing. or just where the casing is at level with the very top of that tray. then fruit in a chamber. should be good stuff.

#4 chrisnh

chrisnh

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 584 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:14 AM

would it still be ok to case if the RH is going to be pegged at 99% all the time? with perlite and not much experience, keeping the RH at 80-90,which i heard is best for cased poo, can be tough.

would you put in the fc right after casing or give the casing another week in the dark with slightly higher temps(80ish which what the myco mix bags that will be used to spawn are at now)

#5 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 8,085 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 June 2008 - 06:15 AM

The alum will get holes eaten in it and I stopped using it so I don't get that stuff that starts with an A... gheez I can't remember the name of the condition these days.

I use the red trays myself...

#6 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 8,085 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 June 2008 - 06:16 AM

Oh now I got it - Al's Hammer or something like that!
Do I know you?

#7 chrisnh

chrisnh

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 584 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:18 AM

kitty little box it is then ,thanks guys

#8 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:01 PM

With RH at 99% it's proly best not casing the doo..It will overlay and become your substrate anyway + increase mold risk...

#9 chrisnh

chrisnh

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 584 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:31 PM

With RH at 99% it's proly best not casing the doo..It will overlay and become your substrate anyway + increase mold risk...

that's what i was thinking, thanks for the confirmation :)

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!