• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 warrensaged

warrensaged

Smokus Maximus

• Expired Member
  • 151 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:00 AM

Hello, haven't been around much in a while, been swamped with work lately.
So I've been tossing about the idea of a trip up to the mountains/forest in early fall before it gets too cold, to blow off a very stressing year and was thinking of trying Ayahuasca for the first time. I have experienced some very, very large, heavy doses of good, clean LSD. Although I will admit, that was when I was much younger and more free. I'm very familier with smoking DMT and I've done my fair share of research on it. I extract my own DMT and get excellent, clean, clear-to-white shards. I have not tried an MAOI with smoked DMT yet and I think I would want to try that first, as it is still a shorter duration experience.

One question I have is about the time line to oral ayahuasca, how long does it really last? A lot of reports don't mention how long it lasted and the literiture differs quite a bit but I imagine that's because there are so many different ways to make it.
I would be taking "phamauasca" I guess. It would be made with either syrian rue seeds (which I have already), or Banistropsis Capi (Which I would have to still get) and clean DMT crystals. Taking it this way helps reduce the vomiting, right? I think thats what I've read.

So does anyone have any suggestions or warnings about which additives give which kind of results? Or how you like to make it/take it?
Also, diet suggestions PLEASE! I'd like to hear more of what one can eat when taking an MAOI, there is plenty of info on what not to eat.

My main reason for wanting to do this is based around spiritual healing and learning, the 20 minute smoked DMT flash is an amazing, mind opening (and shattering) experience but at least for me, it goes by so fast that it is over as soon as I can settle into it. I have a hard time gaining much more than the feeling that there is more to it than that quick peek at the infanite.
The past year for me has been a time of many unplanned changes and I've begun to have a lot of questions about our purpose in the modern world of money and wars etc... I don't mean this in a depressed way, more of a "where does this all really fit into the grand sceam" kind of way. I'm hoping to spend some time with that something infinate that I've touched for too short a time when smoking DMT and hope to gain something, although I'm not sure what that is yet I guess.

Well I've gone on way too long, your input please.

Thanks!

Warrensaged

#2 Psilly_Engineer

Psilly_Engineer

One of the Best

• Expired Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 04:59 AM

Has anyone ever heard of DMT extraction using Canary Grass? Pros/Cons?
:rasta:

#3 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:08 AM

reed canary grass was what SWIM was planning to use, but then he relized he had the wrong grass many grasses look similar to that, so make sure that u have the right one. P A has many different alkaloids including nn dmt, 5-MEO-DMT, gramine,and other alkaloids . 5 meo dmt is similar to dmt and some people like the mix of the 2 rather then just dmt by its self, u need only 5-10mg for a good dose, unlike dmt 15-35mg. Germine is know to be very toxic for the brain and other organs..... and this type of dmt made from this grass he has heard it is often so harsh that people think something is wrong the first time they smoke it (they think they're dying). It apparently grows in wet lands in almost every state in the us so good luck. he doesnt know if the germine in the finish product or the 5 meo. SWIM thinks it is because of all the talk on harsh smoke. You might want to look for other grass that grow around you before you pick a bunch like SWIM did and relize its orchard grass. SWIM was just doing hopeful wishing he guesses. he found a couple of other grasses that look very similar to phalaris, but he is pretty sure that they are not, they grown by him where phalaris would. so if you have a dought you should probly dig deep and make sure u have no dought. SWIM is glad to help as he would be quite happy if some one could do so on every thing he needs :D. SWIM hopes he can help if you have any more questions.

#4 rocketman

rocketman

Mycotopiate

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,602 posts

Donator

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:50 AM

When you consume ayahuasca in the traditional form you are looking anywhere from 6-8 hours usually.

#5 warrensaged

warrensaged

Smokus Maximus

• Expired Member
  • 151 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 01:51 PM

Thank you Rocketman,
(are you sure you don't have any info on canary grass?)
:eusa_sile

So it is like other common Psychedelics in length, nice.

WS

#6 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:42 PM

P A also can have very different alkaloid lvs from .001-.1 its has to do with where it grows if its shaded ect. bad soil i have heard produces more alkaloids and cutting and shading.

#7 AndyLandy420

AndyLandy420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 815 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 12:03 PM

in my experience traditonal ayahuasca lasts much longer than eating freebase dmt while on an maoi, i find that when eating the crystal it comes on extra fast, makes you trip fuckin harrrrd and is usually comin down quick after an hour. actual ayahuasca comes on slower, does not get you quite as high and comes down slower. both are truly beautiful and will shatter your ego like nothing else.

#8 warrensaged

warrensaged

Smokus Maximus

• Expired Member
  • 151 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 01:23 PM

i find that when eating the crystal it comes on extra fast, makes you trip fuckin harrrrd and is usually comin down quick after an hour. actual ayahuasca comes on slower, does not get you quite as high and comes down slower.

Thank you Mr. Landy!!
That's good to know, have you tried these methods yourself?
If so, how much is a good starting dose when using extracted freebase?
I guess I could always re-salt my spice if that has anything to do with the differences in length. DMT is in it's salt form in the bark.
I've read that taking an MAOI & crystal mixture also helps to reduce or remove the purge that seems to occur as the effects are coming on. Any truth to that?

I'm leaning towards the MAOI & extracted crystals method because, for me, it would help to insure I'm getting the full intended dose.
I don't mind the purge as the effect is coming on, but in order to get to that point, you need to get the brew down the hatch in the first place. That's always been a problem for me.
I would love to cook up the traditional ayahuasca tea, but I don't know if I would be able to get much of it down, or even half of what is needed. I realize that its part of the soul cleansing and all but my gag reflex is "trigger sensitive" and I have a very, very hard time consuming anything that is making me want to spit it out or puke. Because of this, I've always had a very hard time eating mushrooms, in fact until I learned about powdering them and packing the powder into veg capsules, I was never able to eat enough of them to actually get past a threshold experience. My gag reflex just wouldn't let me!!

So obviously I would prefer to drink a small, potent MAOI tea (probably from Syrian Rue seeds) and take a capsule of crystals. although, I was hoping to spend more than just an hour there.

Thanks!!

WS

P.S.
Hey Blumpkin, you can start your own thread ya know. Considering you seem to have your own topic going and all.:pirate:

#9 AndyLandy420

AndyLandy420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 815 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:07 PM

yep ive tried most everything i could think of. i would say a good starting dose of freebase would be 80-100mg. i would imagine any freebase would instantly turn to an HCl salt as soon it hit your stomach acid. well in my experience with all oral dmt methods, before i trip mega i purge bigtime. even when i eat the freebase, its not that it makes me vomit cuz its hard on the stomach, it makes me vomit cuz its strong as shit and i have no choice in the matter. if you keep down a dose that initiates a 'full on' experience than an hour is an eternity and a half. the first time i took 500mg, i was shitass scared within 5 minutes, fully frying beyond belief in 8 minutes and soon after that i left my body and had a total death rebirth dissolve into the infinite situation, i was able to read the clock about 90 minutes after swallowing it. somehow i remembered what time i ate it, otherwise i would have guessed it took around 3000 years to wear off. if you want it to last longer, eat several doses. wouldnt advise taking over 100mg first time tho, someone here heard me say 300mg was ragin hard trip and underestimated what i consider ragin, i think they ended up naked outside there appt or something. 100mg is a good start.

#10 extrememetal43

extrememetal43

The Jester's Mad Chemist

• Expired Member
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:12 PM

somehow i remembered what time i ate it, otherwise i would have guessed it took around 3000 years to wear off.

thats the funniest thing i read all day. Fuckin classic!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!