• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 evilwombat

evilwombat

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 08:40 PM

Just thought I would share some pics a friend sent me of his Mazatapec casings. The first two are 8x8's done rez-effect w/ vermiculite, cased with coir/verm on the 3rd flush. The second pic is missing the five musihes in the 4th pic as they were harvested before the pictures were taken. The 3rd pic is wormcastings w/ 2 qts of rye grain cased with coir/verm. The last picture is 100% straw cased with about 70/30 coir:verm, it just started pinning yesterday.Dimensions are about 5ft x 2ft x 4in; it's huge. Updates will come on the big boy when things get interesting.
Overall he has been very happy with this strain, the mycelium is very aggressive and rhizomorphic, g2g colonizes in about 3-4 days, and potency is top notch, 2 grams while night kayaking = insanity!

Attached Thumbnails

• mazhuge.jpg
  • biggunsM.jpg
  • mazzi2.jpg
  • mazzi1.jpg
  • mazzi3.jpg

#2 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 08:43 PM

Glad to here someone else is using that strain too. It's a fine strain IMO. Nice job! What did your friend use as spawn?

#3 evilwombat

evilwombat

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 08:47 PM

spawn was either rye grain or popcorn, got so many of these he cant recall which ones are which. Both worked equally well, although he likes rye better because the grain size is smaller. yield was 3oz's off of 8 casings on the first flush, second flush is still drying. not too shabby in my opinion, my friend was happy.

#4 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 08:49 PM

not too shabby for sure.
i like maz too,
often gives great clusters

#5 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 08:50 PM

Nope! Not too shabby at all brotha, or sista! LOL

#6 shedthemonkey

shedthemonkey

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 08:54 PM

Very nice! I love the boomers! Looks like a little forest. :)

#7 evilwombat

evilwombat

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 05:14 PM

things are getting interesting with mr. huge. the pinset isnt fab, in fact only about 1/2 of the casing is pinning as the other half did not colonize as well, but they are looking healthy and large. The pics also show how maz like to cluster, a la Hip.
wont be long now :D

Attached Thumbnails

• clustersabound.JPG
  • mrhuge1.JPG
  • mrhugecluster1.JPG

#8 evilwombat

evilwombat

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 05:21 PM

And now for something a bit different. The following are two rez-effect style seedling flats cased in coir/verm. The rez substrate was hydrated field capacity coir mixed with colonized rye grain spawn (2qts)

My friend really loves rez-effect casings. They are faster and easier for him to do than using straw and wormcastings, and the yields and pinsets seem to be better by far, (in his experience at least, he could just be doing it all wrong)

As you can see the pinset is fantastic on the first one, I will keep updating as progress continues.

Attached Thumbnails

• mazFlats1.JPG
  • mazflats2.JPG

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!