Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Apollo 14 astronaut claims aliens HAVE made contact - but it has been covered up for

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#21 Doctor D

Doctor D

(Not a real doctor)

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,258 posts

Donator

Posted 26 July 2008 - 08:47 AM

Buzz and Neal have both spoken about them.

They have spoken about seeing unidentified flying objects in the air above them when they landed on the moon. That is significantly different than saying there are aliens working in cahoots with NASA. Seeing a UFO while you're in a space suit with limited vision and mobility in a foreign environment with no atmosphere is not the same as seeing aliens.

#22 Ras Asad

Ras Asad

Amor vincit omnia

• Expired Member
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 09:08 AM

well, my lil statement didnt say any of that now did it? no need to add words
i didnt specify, lol

#23 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 09:24 AM

Don't go asking Buzz though :nunchuck:

[Direct Link]

i am more interested in the NASA videos shot on each and every mission.
some filmed from inside glass some outside in vacuum
most have unknown objects in the field of view
:space:

#24 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 09:38 AM

ras, you did say 'them' without specifying , vague.

in space there is no depth perception,
debris drifting by a 'window'
could be a UFO a mile away
or
a speck of dust a foot away.

#25 Mario

Mario

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 175 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 09:53 AM

Maybe they're fallen angels.

#26 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 09:55 AM

very true some might be small debris or even camera artifacts
but some seem to zig zag or weave almost alive in a way

i sometimes like to think there may be life from this planet / atmosphere
that we have not understood yet :meditate:

very interesting either way you look at it :thumbup:

#27 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 11,625 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 July 2008 - 09:59 AM

Don't go asking Buzz though :nunchuck:

:lol:

No doubt.

What spacecake brought up is an issue that's bothered me for as long as I've thought about this stuff. To be here at all, aliens would have to be several orders of magnitude more advanced than us in one of two ways; technology or consciousness (possibly both). The only way to get 'here' from 'there' is to either move faster than light does or make the concept of "distance" irrelevant. Frankly I tend to think hyperlight travel would be more likely to happen in the realm of consciousness than machinery, and that's probably due to all the tripping I've done but that doesn't necessarily invalidate the possibility. Anyhow, if these little fellas are so advanced, then any cover-up or hiding of their presence must be the aliens' doing, not our government's.

So if their presence is real but not widely known, it would be because the aliens don't want to be widely known. If they wanted to schedule a press conference and say "We're here!" our gov't wouldn't be able to stop 'em, I'd guess.

However, if they travel via consciousness instead of machinery, then perceiving them might be a matter (so to speak) of tuning our perception to the correct frequency and until we do we won't notice them beyond the fleeting glimpses that are widely reported and that might be associated with slipping into an unusual state of mind. In that case the gov't might be able to cover them up by spreading confusing, distracting, and brain-scrambling frequencies to jam the aliens' attempts to talk to us. Maybe that's what television and cellphones are for? (I'm judging the tree by its fruits here). I think I'm on the verge of reinventing the tinfoil hat...

#28 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 10:46 AM

The only way to get 'here' from 'there' is to either move faster than light does or make the concept of "distance" irrelevant.

um, why is it impossible for interstellar missions
to travel slower-than-light ?

#29 Ras Asad

Ras Asad

Amor vincit omnia

• Expired Member
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 05:29 PM

:lol: @ TV's tinfoil hat!!

I think you might be right TV, about traveling via consciousness rather than machinery... sometimes anyway.

and also about frequency and having to be tuned to the proper ones...
if something is vibrating at a higher level than we are able to percieve, then we cannot see it or be aware of it , even if it is right in front of our faces.

I have wondered from time to time..... about certain people who claim to see these things many many times in their lives, and on a regular basis....... now.. Some of them , are crazy as hell, and I wouldnt believe a thing they said, but some of them are also pretty regular people tthat I have a hard time not believing, .......

but your statement, about "slipping into an unusual state of mind" .. I wonder if some of these really "crazy" people, are just a tad bit different and they can percieve things most people cannot?
like psychics, only a bit different?

as for the mind control crap~ I wouldnt doubt it for a second....... but, Im not getting a tinfoil hat, LOL

I jus wont let em penetrate me dome. lol

Hip~ I think TV means......... that for others to come from another World so far away...... it would take many many lifetimes just to reach our Planet, even going the speed of light. .... which in turn would make whoever is traveling here very very old by the time they arrived.... perhaps thousands or millions of years just for a lil road trip. lol

so, faster than light travel would be needed, really. (unless there is another means?)

#30 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 05:49 PM

many assumptions behind that thinking,
like that UFOs are coming all the way from 'home' each time
when they might have bases very close.
or maybe the UFOs are robotic and don't age.
or maybe they live on their ships for thousands of years,
successive generations born, lived, died along the way.
slower-than-light is the only way we know of that works,
and to arbitrarily rule it out seems unreasonable, imo .

#31 FDK

FDK

Mad Scientist

• Expired Member
  • 392 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:07 PM

which in turn would make whoever is traveling here very very old by the time they arrived.... perhaps thousands or millions of years just for a lil road trip. lol
so, faster than light travel would be needed, really. (unless there is another means?)

Well, who's to say that these creatures if (No personal "doubts") they exist, have such limited lifespans as we do? Mabey they live many hundreds of years and do travel at near-light speed, or just use some sort of wormhole generating device to get around?

And who's to say, mabey they are many many millions of years older than we as a species and so vastly more technologicly advanced we couldnt even conceive of how they go about doing the things they do?

Alot of folks seem to wonder "why they dont make themselves known", mabey they watch CNN? I know if I was cruising thru the Galaxy and came across the type of Mythologicly / Religiously driven hate-mongering we have going on down here, I'd do my best to avoid direct contact with the species, heck I live here and I already try to minimize my contact for those same reasons. :lol:
If they are so much more technicaly advanced, they wouldnt really have any need whatsoever to make direct contact on a large scale, we would have nothing to offer them they couldn't easily find elswhere in great abundance (Short of our own biomass for study & experimentation!! :foilhat: ) , I know I dont reach into the Primate cage at the Zoo in hopes of snagging a Bananna, I go to the store, safely away from the Apes.

But as with many things we wont know anything for certain till one get's pulled thru our bars and torn to bit's for the sake of knowledge.

#32 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:13 PM

...the type of Mythologicly / Religiously driven hate-mongering we have going on down here, I'd do my best to avoid direct contact with the species, heck I live here and I already try to minimize my contact for those same reasons...I dont reach into the Primate cage at the Zoo in hopes of snagging a Bananna, I go to the store, safely away from the Apes.

But as with many things we wont know anything for certain till one get's pulled thru our bars and torn to bit's...

you think you're better than the rest ?
your post is dripping with disdain for others,
for humanity in general.
that's not a sign of good mental health.
very negative vibe, man.

learn to love , learn to accept without judgement.
you'll be happier
and the world will be safer.
;)

#33 bugs

bugs

Are we having fun yet?

• OG VIP
  • 3,260 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:06 PM

Arthur C. Clarke wrote that "any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Then, Larry Niven wrote that "any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology." Both statements may be true, but Sir Arthur's certainly is.

The concept of a computer in almost every home, let alone the magnificent machines we now take for granted, wasn't even in the cards in the sixties and early seventies. There was a good deal of doubt that computers would ever even be able to display and manipulate graphics, let alone in real time.

What would folks from only one or two hundred years ago think of cell phones, radio, TV, the highway system, airplanes etc.?

To think that the science we have now does more than scratch the surface of reality is sheer hubris. The universe is infinite, whatever that is, and so, probably, is that which can be known. We are just little organisms on a little planet stuck out on an arm of a little galaxy in a little cluster, etc. etc. etc.

E.T.? Hell, I don't know. Would an "alien" entity have thoughts, motivations, abilities, knowledge and technology comprehensible to us? There's certainly room for doubt there.

Newtonian physics was shown to be just a little subset of reality by Dr. Einstein, and now physicists and cosmologists are learning greater and stranger truths as knowledge builds on itself, expanding exponentially.

So, is faster-than-light travel, interdimensional wormholes and the like just science fiction, or magic? Maybe, maybe not. I'll never tell.
:space:

#34 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:34 PM

whats crazy is, lets say aliens are real, are hundreds of thousands of years more advanced than we are. which could be possible.

what if, we may be over thinking things. maybe they learned to simplify things and tune into that frequency when its right under our noses, we just haven't paid attention enough to figure it out by thinking in a way less complicated. maybe technology clouds our minds or maybe it helps. i think the more advanced technology becomes the less spiritual we become as a society because we rely solely on these technologies and in some instances, probably wouldn't enjoy life as much if we didn't have them.

kinda reminds me of that study done to tribal people and animals that lived in the woods. its more of a visual cue but the brain didn't develop to see horizontal lines on some tribal people that had been brought into modern society after living and growing up in the jungle. same thing with a cat, it couldn't visually see horizontals bc it had lived in the jungle where everything was very vertical. the cat would run into the bottom horizontal beams of the kitchen chairs in the home. im not sure what the study was called but learned about it in a psychology class. it just kinda reminds me of that.

it could be there for you to see, your just not looking at it correctly..and with this i mean some of the things we may discover in the future. like aeronautics and time travel if its possible. just saw a show the other day talking about metal glass or amorphous metal. its the new material they will use for space shuttles and airplanes. its metal but they have realigned the molecular structure of the metal to be more like glass. its like 10 times lighter and 100 times stronger. and it can radiate vibrant colors like neon.

very cool indeed. and just 50 years ago we would have thought that was advanced technology when really its all about heating up metal to a particular degrees to get a stronger molecular structure.

point being, things that seem so advanced, now we think are so simple. and if you take our collective knowledge as a society of that time and apply it to what we know now. we couldn't even fathom some of these ideas at that time.

its kinda like when i light a lighter in front of the fishtank. they] fish think its so cool and stare at it. but they don't understand the complexities of the technology. but we actually think its a very simple tool. they probably think(if they think) that wow hes the fire god lol...

and this is just a rant. i just feel, that something is limiting our minds or holding us back. and it might not even be something we have control over. maybe we were taught to look at things this way, and perceive things that way.

maybe its the fact that we put value to money. when it shouldn't be that way. who knows...could be anything. i love these types of brainstorming sessions. even if its all just a bunch of imaginations. it still keeps you wondering. and maybe this type of discussion will help for our future and help to discover new technologies. im sure many of the very high level scientific physicists and thinkers have some crazy discussions like this.

i bet they can actually put it in scientific terms to explain alot of what we just call alien. they would probably go into, things like what would be required for an alien spacecraft to make maneuvers like they do. anti gravity, 1 million horsepower engines and things like this. and they could probably tell you the probabilities and likelihood that it could happen. although i think as humans. we have jumped leaps and bounds in terms of evolution compared to time lines of evolution.

it seems there is just something out there missing that helped us along the way. was it et? or was it greed? or did we just jump through discovery and advance as we have at light speed? the ones with the knowledge keeping it to themselves for the benefit of their own heritage and genepool?

who knows...

one cool thing is called the coral castle. look it up. its this little old guy built a giant castle made of these 20 ton blocks of coral back a long time ago. no one can explain how he quaried the coral or anything. the water depth of where the coral was and the technology at the time couldn't have allowed this or it would have taken some complicated machinery that wasn't available at that time.

he claimed to know the ancient building secrets of the past which he would not tell anyone. what they say is, that he did this alone, and they never saw anyone help him. the entrance is a doorway thats a gigantic rock. its positioned so perfectly and centered that when you apply a small amount of pressure it opens up and spins.

the door was damaged at one point and when they tried to place it back at its central point with all the modern technology we have today. no one could match the perfection of what it was originally.

this to me, leads me to believe that although the technology this guy claims could have been more advanced. what i think is that it was just simplified. to the point, that we can't understand it because we are over thinking it. it could be something as simple as ropes and pullies that this little old guy tugged some 20 ton boulders with lol...how he did it alone...well...

and maybe thats it, maybe we need spirituality and scientific thinking incorporated to progress as a society. it seems just when we have the brainpower, and technology to create something helpful to the world and to the environment we create something that just counteracts, recharges or is thrown away. ie everything america has.(batteries, mcd's packaging, all packaging, anything that is designed for ease to throw away. disposable anything)

molecules are basically all the same they just re arrange to form different things. they talk of these dimensions in string theory that are just plasma. if you or i saw it, it would look like the goo in "you can't do that on television" just floating around everywhere. its just another state of matter we can't see with our eyes. but with our brains we can create ways of seeing. infrared, different light spectrum. so we were given the tools, we just need to find the right tool to lead our way.

also neutrino think. can pass through all matter. its the smallest particle or something like that. and they actually just recently caught a few particles some how. way over my head but its rather interesting.

sorry about the randomness of this post...mind wandering

still trying to find a link to the metal glass. i saw it on discovery channel but theres not alot of info on it on the web.

#35 Ras Asad

Ras Asad

Amor vincit omnia

• Expired Member
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:47 PM

:bow: :D

#36 FDK

FDK

Mad Scientist

• Expired Member
  • 392 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:50 PM

you think you're better than the rest ?
your post is dripping with disdain for others,
for humanity in general.
that's not a sign of good mental health.
very negative vibe, man.

Well, I'm sorry if thats how you wish to interpret it Hippie, but thats most definatly not the intended sentiment. I do feel sorry for our species as a whole, myself included, by allowing ourselves to be collectivly led by one extreme opinion or another into such a position as to seemingly have no alternative but to light the fires of hostility we see burning across the globe on both a national as well as an individual level.

No quips or comments regarding just who threw the first match mind you, just dissapointed that a species as Advanced as we are have yet to find a means to more effectivley solve our Personal and Global disputes as opposed to simply trying to dominate the opponent thru one form of brute force or another until they submit to our ways of thinking.

The Mankind / Ape image is simply an analogy, as in if there is a Species so far advanced to us, we would appear quite primate-like to them, our technology just baby steps away from rocks used to break open nut's in their eye's.

#37 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 08:03 PM

i think your understanding of
the root cause of violence
is deeply flawed,
it's more of an idealogical interpretation
than one based on real human behavior.

you denounce religion and even mythology
as hate-mongering
but it just isn't that black-and-white simple.

but
the most telling snippet,
the one that gives the lie
to your last post is this-

I already try to minimize my contact for those same reasons. Posted Image

to me
that doesn't say
"i feel for humanity"
at all, it says
fear and loathing.

sorry to pick on you
but it irks me to constantly hear
all the negativity and harsh judgmental rhetoric
against mankind, civilization, society, religion, capitalism, etc.
ad nauseam .
and really,
it's you speaking,
not the aliens.

#38 FDK

FDK

Mad Scientist

• Expired Member
  • 392 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 09:40 PM

you denounce religion and even mythology
as hate-mongering

Well fine, it is in fact more based upon misinterpretations by individual groups of the aformentioned and lack of tolerance for any who dont see their version of "the light".

But theres no "lie in my last post" as you put it, no "fear or loathing". I've just found in my meager 37 years on this earth that it's not practical to try rushing things, it will in time happen on it's own accord, people will eventually learn from their misatakes however many Centuries it takes, we have made great deals of progress as a species since the Middle Ages but by no means are we near the end of the path as a Global culture, there is undeniable room for improvment. And it is for my own sake and sense of inner peace I remove myself from the abundant negative aspects of living in an Urban environment.

As an example, say you're watching a Movie and you found yourself surrounded by people more intent on carrying on their own conversations than watching the movie, Important conversations thou they may be to these people, You came to watch a movie, not get involved in who went to what Church, who was Voting for which Candidate, where the best place was to go for Dinner after the Show, who was cheating on who's spouse, etc. What would you do if even after kindly asking the crowd to quiet it's din and enjoy the wonder of the show it became quite clear that they were most definatly going to continue with it despite any and all protests? I guess you could say my solution was akin to downloading the pre-screener and watching it in the sanctity of my home. :lol:

So I most definatly do accept it as you suggested earlier, however as a human I dont think any of us are truly capable of avoiding some ultimate form of Judgment on the actions or words of others.

So anyway, about them Aliens,,,

#39 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 10:02 PM

my opinion is that it does seem like the people are being prepared gradually, have been since the 1940s.
movies, books, tv shows, video games, newspapers-
they all keep bombarding the world with the idea of
First Contact.
so i keep an open-mind,
and i pay attention.
but i won't say that i'm convinced of anything
until the available evidence gets more substantial.
i'm open to the possibility
but i also recognize the odds against it.
i do feel in my gut that the universe is teeming with life,
and there must have been intelligent species elsewhere
in the 10-12 billion years since the Big Bang.
but the universe is huge beyond comprehension.
the nearest intelligent/technologically-advanced species alive now
might well be halfway across this galaxy,
or in another galaxy millions of light-years away.
i doubt every 'earth' has intelligence ,
seems far more likely that we'll find many planets
full of strange exotic animals and plants,
but very few with 'people'.

#40 Ras Asad

Ras Asad

Amor vincit omnia

• Expired Member
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 10:30 PM

niice.
i like what both of you are saying. :) :bow:

but Hip, why very few with 'people'? out if the billions and billions and god knows how many more planets.? i think that yer right, its teeming with life.. and i think alot of it much wiser and more advanced than we.

think we'll have spaceships anytime soon? :lol:

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!