• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#101 bluehelix

bluehelix

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 523 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 09:06 PM

I wish I had not thrown out two of the trays after their second flush because there is another (fourth?) flush coming in the rest of the trays that is nearly as dense as the first flush making this grow BY FAR the highest yielding pan cyans I've ever grown. This is insane!

#102 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:00 PM

Rock on, man!

"Luck favors the observant."
-Workman

#103 bluehelix

bluehelix

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 523 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:44 PM

Fourth and Final Flush
As shown in the pictures, the fourth flush was dense but the mushrooms were dwarfed probably for lack of food, not water, since the substrate was definitely damp enough. Two of the trays which I threw out after the first flush--because I hadn't thought I was doing more than that at first--actually flushed in the trash bags sitting outside! The flush wasn't huge but it was amazing since there wasn't much fresh air exchange! Just goes to show that when these things get going, they're pretty tenacious little guys! I'm calling it quits now, and the substrate should make great compost!

Yield
Total final yield is approximately 25 dried grams per tray, which equates in this case to about a pound wet per square foot, and that's from a substrate that was less than 1.5" deep! The biological efficiency was about 72%, very impressive for this species, although I would not doubt that BEs of even 100% are possible. Overall, I'm very impressed!

Attached Thumbnails

• trashbag_flush_2.jpg
  • trashbag_flush_1.jpg
  • 4th_flush_2.jpg
  • 4th_flush_1.jpg

#104 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 August 2008 - 01:11 PM

Nice! Love the spore deposits visible from the outside of the trash bag...

#105 bluehelix

bluehelix

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 523 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 01:17 PM

Nice! Love the spore deposits visible from the outside of the trash bag...

Yeah, spores were everywhere! I have a spore slick on the bottom of my grow chamber that you have to see to believe!

#106 Foster

Foster

cyanophile

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,254 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 August 2008 - 01:54 PM

:bow: simply amazing!

#107 captain.koons

captain.koons

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 07:56 PM

so if someone is to ask you which pan to buy cambodgeniensis or ausii which would you suggest? :o

#108 bluehelix

bluehelix

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 523 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 12:19 PM

The Ausi grow I did was so completely atypical for the species that I don't feel I can judge them well. The substrate was very rich with oil seeds and such, and then it turned up a mutation with the red caps. The high I got from that batch was not to my liking at all, but again, it could have been the odd substrate. They did grow great, though, but so did cambos. I just don't have enough information. Both grew well. In my case the Ausi grow produced much stronger fruits, but then again the substrate was too rich and green set in after the first flush. The cambos grew even better but the fruits were weak and the high produced a lot of body load compared to others. There are just too many differences between the grows to compare them I think. I'd like to try to grow Ausi again but using a normal substrate and see what the high is like. Again, I don't know _how_ the high can be different between grows and species, but it is. I've noted the amount of body load is vastly different in my experience.

#109 Guest_psi_*

Guest_psi_*

Posted 17 October 2008 - 06:49 PM

Again, I don't know _how_ the high can be different between grows and species, but it is. I've noted the amount of body load is vastly different in my experience.

I think that would be due to the various other alkaloids present in each species and their differing levels. Because you're dealing with an organism and not a pure chemical, it is to be expected that there will be impurities present in each and every mushroom.

#110 bluehelix

bluehelix

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 523 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:07 PM

I think that would be due to the various other alkaloids present in each species and their differing levels. Because you're dealing with an organism and not a pure chemical, it is to be expected that there will be impurities present in each and every mushroom.

Sounds like a good theory to me. Speaking of differences between strains, I'm working with Foster's Panaeolus Cambos now that he found kill potent. The log will start in one week after the LC is fully mature.

#111 adio9454

adio9454

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 110 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 03:13 PM

awesome thread. i really want to try growing Panaeolus Cambodgeniensis. i really want to try the difference between them and cubes. one after the other has anyone done this?

#112 bluehelix

bluehelix

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 523 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 03:31 PM

I wasn't sure if you are talking growing differences or trip differences. I'm guessing trip differences. With cubes you have to eat more material obviously for the same effect (3X to 7X in my experience). That affects the quality of the trip for me because all that gross shroomage can lead to nausea unless you make a tea. Pan cyans strains vary quite a bit in trip nature, so I can't talk about them like a single thing. I've had ones with a lot of body load and others with really speedy effects. I'm not sure why there is such a huge difference among them.

#113 adio9454

adio9454

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 110 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 03:34 PM

so in essence they all contain psilocybin/psilocin and you just need to eat different amounts. and all trips are different anyways.
im just interested in growing the panaeolus species for love of shrooms in general.

#114 bluehelix

bluehelix

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 523 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 03:40 PM

I do not know what imparts the differences in trips. It could be psychosomatic and simply a reflection of the first trip on that strain ever after. I have no idea. I definitely have had vastly different experiences with pan cyans among the strains.

#115 ate

ate

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:24 AM

Yeah, spores were everywhere! I have a spore slick on the bottom of my grow chamber that you have to see to believe!

Dude, you're probably colonizing your town! Paul Stamets style.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!