• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• Expired Member
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:58 PM

5 jars of pans that looked contaminated. Bad inoculation caused the questionable contams ........_________user error :lol:

3 of the 5 jars looked fairly healthy.

Bunny poo/bedding pile was inoculated with said cakes. Not thinking much about the bunny poo pile, went and took a look while looking at other poop, and found some Pan Cyan Magik. Damn they turned blue.

It'd be pretty cool if the weather helped out a bit and threw a few more of them :)

I just wanted to share, because the pans are so neat-o

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_5711.jpg
  • IMG_5709.jpg
  • IMG_5710.jpg
  • IMG_5707.jpg

#2 limeade

limeade

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 08:11 PM

5 jars of pans that looked contaminated. Bad inoculation caused the questionable contams ........_________user error :lol:

3 of the 5 jars looked fairly healthy.

Bunny poo/bedding pile was inoculated with said cakes. Not thinking much about the bunny poo pile, went and took a look while looking at other poop, and found some Pan Cyan Magik. Damn they turned blue.

It'd be pretty cool if the weather helped out a bit and threw a few more of them :)

I just wanted to share, because the pans are so neat-o

excellent find! and in your own bunny poops!!!

definitely give a cap a thump there, and hopefully it will return for some time.

#3 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 08:13 PM

pretty blue bunny

#4 Shroomette

Shroomette

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 08:32 PM

woohoo blue babies!!! thanks for the share!:headbang:

#5 Mermaidia

Mermaidia

Sober Sister

• Expired Member
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 09:40 PM

nice little surprise ya got there :D

#6 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 09:58 PM

Pan-tastic :)
they seem to like the bunny-poo/ bunny bedding :cool:

#7 Guest_psi_*

Guest_psi_*

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:26 PM

Cool Freaky, nice to see them growing outdoors.

#8 shobimono

shobimono

Chat Admin

• Free Member
  • 833 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 11:08 PM

Very nice Freaky!!!!

I have some thrown away contam'ed pan spawn outside too, I'm still waiting for pins/fruit.

#9 eastwood

eastwood

Dragon Bait

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,612 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 August 2008 - 12:22 AM

Congratz Freaky.Psilocybe blue is a beautiful color.

#10 spacecake

spacecake

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 4,563 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 August 2008 - 08:40 AM

That grasshopper seems to like them too ! :)

#11 HUMBLE STUDENT

HUMBLE STUDENT

Keeper Of The Spores

• Expired Member
  • 728 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 09:29 AM

I would like to hear more info about the bunny poo(procedure,ingriedients,amounts) part of this project. I have been thinking of trying it myself. thanks in advance

#12 Foster

Foster

cyanophile

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,091 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 11:25 AM

Nice save freaky!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Those are some pretty pans ya have there for sure. Good vibes for more to come are coming your way. enjoy!

#13 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• Expired Member
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:00 PM

Thanks for the good magik words :)

I noticed 2 other pins last night, so hopefully they'll be there later for an update.

No special bed was made. My daughter cleans her bunny cages and has a pile of bunny poo/bunny bedding for compost reasons. I just put the thought to be contaminated cakes in there. They magikally appeared for me :)

Shobi, I'm pullin' for your outdoor pans Buddy!!!!!!

#14 HUMBLE STUDENT

HUMBLE STUDENT

Keeper Of The Spores

• Expired Member
  • 728 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:38 PM

hey thanks for the input on the rabbit poo freaky good to know. A foaf just happens to have like 7 rabbits and he also collects the poo for compost purposes.

#15 SISTERFISTER

SISTERFISTER

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 01:22 PM

so the entire contaminated jar can go in the bunny poo? You don't have to like, scrape off the funny colored stuff or anything? Just wondering. My cotton tail happens to poop on occasion. I'm now thinking about throwing some of her poop behind the old Holiday Rambler for justin case. Beats sifting through cow sh**:horse:

#16 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• Expired Member
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:49 PM

Well, I don't use wood chips for their pet bedding, just that fiber stuff in my B+ outdoor thread. Its the paper/pulp bedding stuff.

The cakes ended up partly crumbled from me turning the pile a couple times. These have been outside in the bunny poo pile for about 6 weeks.

I didn't tear off any of the contam areas, I just threw the cakes in, and stirred it around some. It is in some pretty tall grass too which might help.

Hopefully bunny poo can prove to be another dung Pans love. I'm getting a chance to work indoors again soon, I'll make it my mission to try some indoor pans on bunny poo subs to see how it works compared to other more common manures.

I've found, that bunny poo breaks down in compost at least 2 times as fast as horse manure, must simply be because of the turd size?????

I'm not sure, but there were 2 new fruits in there, I just haven't loaded the pics. I'll do that tomorrow at lunchtime.

#17 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:45 AM

cool very blue..

#18 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• Expired Member
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:01 PM

Thanks Eats, I was kinda suprised at how blue they were.

Okay, I was lazy and didn't upload my pics from my camera, will do tonight. There were two more small ones I picked. I noticed when I picked them they were beginning a nice mycelium network in the more composted bunny poo. I'm hoping it'll pop a few more for me, and maybe I'll try for some outdoor prints. Though we won't know what strain of pans they are.

#19 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 02:39 PM

The Wabbit poo is worth saving - more potent than chicken or any other barnyard animal..
Even mixed with the inert bedding material, it should still provide plenty nutes..

The 6 weeks of composting would make it safe for use as a substrate i would think..

Enjoy those Pans Freaky..!

#20 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• Expired Member
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:40 PM

Golly, thanks for that info, I didn't realize that about the nutes in bunny turds.

I'm hoping it'll keep giving for the next few weeks. Gettin' good rain right now too :)

Here are pics of the last 2 pans. They like to grow in doubles :D

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_5738.jpg
  • IMG_5739.jpg

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!