44 replies to this topic

#1 limeade

limeade

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:43 PM

what i'm working with at the moment,

i was suprised to see this much primordia, got some new cfls that have really improved my pinsets.

There seems to be some more work done, but wouldn't be hard, mostly the substrate is colonized with the same rhizomorphic mycelium, very few spots of a different tomentose mycelium present, going to be taking a print to agar on this one. Love the pinset forming!

Palenque on coir/verm/malt/dex/calc carb:

Attached Thumbnails

• palenque 007.jpg
  • palenque 006.jpg
  • palenque 005.jpg
  • palenque 004.jpg
  • palenque 003.jpg
  • palenque 002.jpg

#2 gsmith1981

gsmith1981

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 11:05 PM

looking good may the shroom gods be with you:bow:

#3 limeade

limeade

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 11:10 PM

looking good may the shroom gods be with you:bow:

Thanx, I was hoping this would do well, as i have a lot going on at one time, I'm also trying to get some albino penis envy going, and some penis envy, im retiring PESH, and starting Tasmanian, and PuertoRican, and going to open my slant of atlantis :P

So this was a good suprise to find something to work with that will preform well (fingers crossed)

Attached Thumbnails

• albinopenisenvy 004.jpg

#4 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 11:12 PM

hmm, looks a bit like trich, hope that stays white

#5 limeade

limeade

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 12:10 AM

hmm, looks a bit like trich, hope that stays white

it's definitely not trichoderma, it's identifiably tomentose mycelium, the isolation wasn't quit finished, only 3 transfers. None of those plates have gone green. No grains have gone green.

But yeah, i thought it looked like trich for a minute when i noticed the different types of mycelium instead,

newb agar transer stuff.

#6 limeade

limeade

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 01:02 AM

getting ready to upload a few "macro" shots

Attached Thumbnails

• palenque macros 019.jpg
  • palenque macros 014.jpg
  • palenque macros 018.jpg
  • palenque macros 003.jpg
  • palenque macros 004.jpg
  • palenque macros 001.jpg
  • 000_0004.jpg

#7 limeade

limeade

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 06:48 PM

Each bag looks like this , this evening, There is one close up, where u can see the two different types of mycelium, the second fluffier tomentose mycelium is starting to hyphally knot as of today, so yeah it's not trich! YAY.

I also scaled down the resolution, sorry about the large files.

My next question, is when will the pinset quit setting?
(never thought i'd complain about that!)

****as of sunday, i'll cut off light completely, there is no need in more pinning to be initiated, I have been killing lights after pinsets have been set for a while now, they tend to mature faster as far as i can tell, so LIGHTS OFF!

oh, and i would clone from a cluster, but it's all a cluster,

i assume we'll be seeing 2 distinct types of mushroom from the two different types of mycelium?

Attached Thumbnails

• palenque macros 2 015.jpg
  • palenque macros 2 016.jpg
  • palenque macros 2 005.jpg
  • palenque macros 2 010.jpg
  • palenque macros 2 001.jpg

#8 limeade

limeade

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 01:01 PM

after 1 day of no light, maturation has begun. Again with no light today. (it was going to start anyhow though, im hoping no light will accelerate the process.

Attached Thumbnails

• palenque macros 24 007.jpg
  • palenque macros 24 005.jpg
  • palenque macros 24 004.jpg
  • palenque macros 24 001.jpg
  • palenque macros 24 003.jpg

#9 gsmith1981

gsmith1981

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 01:08 PM

man them pins are looking good. wish my pe would start pinning soon. think ill be trying the recipe out soon.

#10 limeade

limeade

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 01:49 PM

man them pins are looking good. wish my pe would start pinning soon. think ill be trying the recipe out soon.

hahah

I JUST posted my penis envy grow going right now, "Invitro Penis envy on Compost"

mine are out on 1st day to start pinning, just had to move them, as i'll not be using light in this area of the basement..

#11 Looky

Looky

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,873 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 01:53 PM

****as of sunday, i'll cut off light completely, there is no need in more pinning to be initiated, I have been killing lights after pinsets have been set for a while now, they tend to mature faster as far as i can tell, so LIGHTS OFF!

That's a good observation. I thought that I noticed that too, but dismissed it. I thought that during my lights off part, there was a lot more growth than with the lights on.

#12 limeade

limeade

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 01:56 PM

That's a good observation. I thought that I noticed that too, but dismissed it. I thought that during my lights off part, there was a lot more growth than with the lights on.

the very first picture, in my last post of pictures, was the exact same bag, 23 hours ago, it sat in the dark 23 hours, and that popped up, the other pictures are of the same bag, all 14 look just like that though.

I cannot believe that's from a spore print, FROM a fruit, FROM an isolation.
and only 2 types of mycelium. That's strong genetics!

depending on potency, i may dedicate 5 plates to it.

about the lights off, i noticed it once when we had such terrible storms for 2 days, we had no electricity, I kept ice bombing by driving a county over and buying ice, to keep everything cool, with no light, i was harvesting and hanging drying baskets outside every 2 hours. It was fun!

When the electricity came back on, the lights came on, the fruits took longer on the bags that were behind, but coming up to maturity, they took 3 times as long. So i've been sticking with it.

Once a pinset is set, the dna is hardcoded with the information it needs from the light, at that point, no more light is needed, instead of giving it more light and forcing it to continually pin, reserve that energy for maturing what you've got!

#13 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 August 2008 - 03:03 PM

looking good. you can definitely see the mycelial network differences when your using coir alone...

it kinda seems to make more pins but the strands spread out more. interesting looking. from those first pictures i was about to say they almost don't look completely colonized but yeah man looking good.

this happens sometimes in coir casing layers. looks just like that...

i did an experiment with tex strain using wild bird seed spawn and plain coir.

as you asked...the pinset never stopped setting. it continually flushes just randomely. it was like a never ending flush. i liked this result to a degree but the mushrooms didn't seem as solid or large as usually. it seemed the spawn ratio needed to be higher to get the results needed. definitely could tell the mycelia
was reaching and looked more whispy than rhizomorphic and strandy..

i agree on your lighting. i get away with initially setting the pinset and then sticking the bins in the dark. only giving light a little bit every few days. once they pin...thats all the light they need when its talking about cubensis.

#14 limeade

limeade

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:45 PM

couldn't wait any longer to flip light on and check

these all are way larger.

and abundant, the clusters clusters have clusters.

Attached Thumbnails

• palenq6 008.jpg
  • palenq6 009.jpg
  • palenq6 007.jpg
  • palenq6 005.jpg
  • palenq6 006.jpg
  • palenq6 003.jpg
  • palenq6 004.jpg

#15 limeade

limeade

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 02:06 PM

took a break from work, think we're going to finish building at night the rest of the summer, it's about 106*F without even factoring in the UV index of 9 and the heat index at 114*F, not one bit of cloud cover, 5*rH, and 22mph of "blow dryer" hot wind from the south." 25 days straight of this so far!

but i added some pics.

Attached Thumbnails

• 000_0007.jpg
  • 000_0010.jpg
  • 000_0006.jpg
  • 000_0001.jpg

#16 limeade

limeade

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 07:22 PM

added some more pics :P

like, still pinning.

Attached Thumbnails

• palenq65 006.jpg
  • palenq65 003.jpg
  • palenq65 001.jpg

#17 limeade

limeade

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:30 PM

is it possible this bag wont quit making pins? and just do this forever? or until it goes dead.

#18 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:27 AM

palenque is one of those strains that will shoot out tons of pins but very small. very consistently as well. it may just do this till it dies. if you start seeing many aborts. you may need to harvest that. then dunk and the smaller primordia may mature.

#19 gsmith1981

gsmith1981

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:00 AM

man cant wait to see the final results

#20 limeade

limeade

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:03 PM

Well, these aren't final results, but what im dealing with now.

pretty sad, worst strain ever in my book, solely due to fruit size. (for invitro)
im guessing this isn't a good full invitro bag strain, from all the posts here, i've seen nothing but tiny palenque fruits.

The upside is is BOY do they bruise few pics i bruised a few.

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_1473.jpg
  • 100_1472.jpg
  • 100_1425.jpg
  • 100_1424.jpg
  • 100_1423.jpg
  • 100_1421.jpg
  • 100_1401.jpg
  • 100_1398.jpg
  • 100_1396.jpg
  • 100_1397.jpg

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!