• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Santiago

Santiago

Shepherd

• Expired Member
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:46 PM

I have 4 cakes that were dunked last week, and are now pinning quite prolifically. They are half-pint cakes in pint jars. I was unable to punch holes in the lids, and they aren't elevated, so the cakes aren't getting any FAE unless I fan them, which I've been doing 4 times a day. But now these pins are growing up against the glass. I'm afraid I'll disturb them if I keep opening the jar. Should I just go ahead and let them grow, or should I keep doing FAE's?
Here are some pics
DSC00118.JPG

DSC00120.JPG

DSC00121.JPG

#2 Shroomette

Shroomette

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:08 AM

IMHO try using something to prop them up under the jar so there is a crack in between the cap and the jar and I definitely would keep up with the FAE. :bow:

#3 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,424 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:14 AM

You might as well get some PVC risers and put some holes in your lids. You are doing the chronic tek the hard way.

#4 Santiago

Santiago

Shepherd

• Expired Member
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 07:00 AM

lol, MLB. Well-said. My life's so hectic, I barely ever have time, but I think I can sneak in a little extra this evening.

#5 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:57 AM

Better to disturb and possible abort a few pins than to loose the whole cake to trich/cobweb from stale air.

Get them babies some vent holes!

#6 Santiago

Santiago

Shepherd

• Expired Member
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 05:42 PM

Okay, a few pics of flush numero dos. I guess on the third picture, are those aborts? I'm totally cool with it if that's the case, I'm just raising and praising the mushroom powers right now, so a few aborts are just fine with me.

DSC00126.JPG

DSC00127.JPG

DSC00128.JPG

#7 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,424 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 August 2008 - 06:06 AM

They aren't aborts on the third cake. The entire cap will start turning black on aborts, and the fruit will stop growing. It looks like there was moisture on the caps. Nice pics!

#8 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 August 2008 - 07:42 AM

Cool! I love that loop the loop guy on top.

Those will keep growing (and stems trip good!). Don't pick them until they stop growing or the heads start to turn totally black.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!