• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 nugget

nugget

VIP Member

• OG VIP
  • 408 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 10:15 PM

Ive been reading through the teks for hours on end trying to find something easy that tastes good without using harsh chemicals.
one of my concerns is SWIM doesnt have all day to stand over a pot and swim doesnt really want to leave a crock pot unattended .
so my question is would it work if he took a vinegar, water solution boiling .. threw it into a mason jar .. let it sit in the fridge for a week , poured off the top and reduced?
then added some gelatin ? and what would be the proper vinegar to water ratio?
using mimosa hostilis 14 grams
id be open to any other suggestions

#2 cactuswren

cactuswren

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 77 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:57 AM

First, when doing a cold soak you need about twice as much MHRB; 12-25gm. Powder your MHRB and 2-4gm of Rue seeds. It will work without the MAOI but not as well and requires more work to get the goodies squeezed out of the bark. So I usually put 18-22gm MHRB [powdered] and 3gm of Rue seeds [ground] in a mason jar and cover with 40 or 50% vodka until 1 inch above powder. I found the water/ethanol worked much better than water or water and vinegar. Some add a Tbls or 2 to the vodka. I let it sit covered at room temperature for 2 days and nights shaking at least 4 times a day [shake the hell out of it]. On the 3rd day I strain it through a t-shirt and reduce to 2-3oz in a makeshift double boiler [glass pie dish and large pot of simmering water]. If you have a fan blowing across it at the same time it will evaporate very quickly so pay attention. I usually then let it sit in the freezer until it begins to freeze which causes leftover sediment to settle and simply chug the couple of oz's on top. If you put your soak jar on a heating pad you can do it in one day and night. If you don't add an MAOI, do not use heat at any stage as this seems to render the bark alone impotent. This method has produced some vivid and intense experiences. The traditional method of Jurema preparation uses cold water and bark alone. The shredded bark is squeezed by hand until it produces a dark colored liquid.

#3 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,998 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:42 AM

How often have you done that Cactuswren?
How does it compare to a Mescaline or LSD trip? I have only smoked DMT a few times and have never tried any type of Ayahuasca brew at all. Lots of experience tripping, but mostly LSD.
I am interested in Ayahuasca, but living in an Apt in the city makes me a little sketchy about new experiences somewhat. I just don't want to end up wandering the streets naked or some sillyness.:mistrust:
A good friend is also very interested in taking DMT orally and I keep telling him natural brew would work better than just taking some sort of MAOI pill and eating DMT.
I hope I am not hijacking your thread Nugget!
:meditate:

#4 nugget

nugget

VIP Member

• OG VIP
  • 408 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:38 AM

its ok , the only experiance i have is with taking base dmt and syrian rue seeds or seed crystals.
that does work but the extraction stinks! and I dont like the chemicals.
I had some powerful experiances that way , it wasnt as incapacitating as smoking it but at least I could breathe , id much rather take it orally to be honest with you. and make the seed crystals , alot easier on the stomach.
im alot happier now then I was .I havent gone running naked in the streets yet but I did kinda flip my lid in the bathroom alone .. started talking to myself pretty loudly and making some strange sounds.

#5 cactuswren

cactuswren

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 77 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:30 PM

I tried 4 different "traditional" all day brews using cappi, chacruna, and chaliponga, with only minimal results. I used materials from a respected aya plant vendor and large amounts. It wasn't til I switched to an ethanol MHRB soak with an MAOI [I use Harmine Hcl] that I got profound results. I like the 40-50% ethanol because the other 50% water with vinegar should theoretically extract what the ethanol doesn't and vise-versa. Regarding the MAOI; the main alkaloid in cappi is harmine. The main one in Rue is harmaline which explains the difference in experience; the harmine being "smoother". However, cappi is way more expensive and you have to use 20X as much material. If you do a salt and vinegar extract on the seeds you can avoid much of the nausea. Actually, keeping the seeds to 2-4 grams [more than 5 is not necessary] will avoid much of the nausea in itself. The traditional Jurema cold water prep works but requires even more bark, 25-30gm. A mystery chemical in the bark has been identified which may act as an MAOI and may be destroyed with heat and or acid which would explain why the water/bark method works. I have done 50% ethanol bark soaks using heat for as little as 6 hours with good results when ingesting 75-100mg of Harmine Hcl 15 minutes before the bark. When the bark extract is evaporated down to 2-3oz it is fairly easy to get down. Sometimes I puke, sometimes I don't, but I get the same results; a trip to cartoon land! I have ingested this combo 10-15 times. For me, the effects are somewhere inbetween LSD and Mescaline but truly unique with fantastic visuals. I have always done it alone and never lost it. If you are a psychedelic virgin you should not do it alone; have an experienced friend sit with you.

#6 nugget

nugget

VIP Member

• OG VIP
  • 408 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 08:20 PM

so how much vinigar should one use if they mixed 1/2 pint of popov with 1/2 pint of water , threw it in with 28 grams of mimosa?edited nevermind i see the tblspoon or two now after rereading.

#7 cactuswren

cactuswren

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 77 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:14 PM

No need to add the 1/2 pint of water. Popov is 40% ethanol and 60% water. Just add the vodka and 2 Tblsp of vinegar. Most of the alcohol and vinegar will evaporate when you reduce the tincture. I just now powdered 20 grams of root and 20 grams of dried T. Bridgesii that I grow. I find the two work well together. I put these in a quart jar with a 1/2 pint of 40% [80 proof] vodka. The jar is in a small Styrofoam cooler with a heating pad wrapped around it on medium. With the heat, this will be ready to evaporate tomorrow night if I choose. The first time I used this method with root bark, I was in my back yard looking at the acacia trees across the street. They were literally dancing on their tree legs with their limbs swaying to the music and the leaves were shimmering with a fluorescent glitter. It really did remind me of the old Disney cartoons where the inanimate objects would dance. I must reiterate that an MAOI inhibitor is necessary when using heat at any stage of this prep. I find the Harmine Hcl works the best and is available from 2 vendors I know of, though it aint cheap; the harmaline Hcl is cheap and works pretty damn swell also. When using pure Hcl, do not use more than 150mg. This means if you don't have a very accurate scale you shouldn't use it or the mansk extract from Rue seeds either. Too large a dose will make you very ill and can be life threatening. If you only have a scale accurate to 1 gram, stick to cappi or Rue seeds.

#8 AndyLandy420

AndyLandy420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 815 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:21 PM

vinegar is harsh as shit, i have an iron stomach and i could never ever keep vinegar brews down, stick with vitC and lemon juice.

#9 nugget

nugget

VIP Member

• OG VIP
  • 408 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 02:11 AM

that was extremely vile , so nasty .. anyone willing to get that down deserves to trip
I almost puked just drinking it, but managed to hold it down long enough to crap it out
thats quite a taste isnt it :)

#10 cactuswren

cactuswren

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:01 AM

That's why I reduce it to a couple ounces. I drink one, wait 30 minutes, and then drink the other. Also, the alcohol and most of the vinegar taste evaporates away. You can also leave out the vinegar. There is absolutely no way I could drink 6-8 ounces of that crap. Though, compared to some brews, peyote, even pedro, I don,t think it's so bad. You could also go completely pharmahuasca; extracted spice and harmine Hcl in a capsule. Not traditional, but a lot easier to get down.
P.S. Be sure to read all of the cautions associated with MAOI's before use. Some drugs [demerol, cocaine, SSRI's, and many more] can be extremely dangerous when combined with harmine or harmaline.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!