• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 Soliver1

Soliver1

Deranged

• Expired Member
  • 631 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 10:19 PM

Just for kicks - had a small bag of it in my closet for over a year now but haven't gotten around to messing with it.. It's dried plant material. Tastes bad, but not much worse than other things I've eaten for kicks...

Feeling kinda jumpity, sorta wired... I did some online research but the results all seemed to be pasted from the same source, and erowid is useless.

Anyone done this stuff more than once? What's it do for you? How long does the effect last? I'm not overly high, but I don't see sleep in my immediate future. May as well snarf some kratom, drink a few beers and park myself on the couch with a guitar :)

soliver

#22 llamabox

llamabox

Researcher

• OG VIP
  • 1,406 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 August 2006 - 10:23 PM

I have some fermented Kanna on its way from South Africa now.

I will let you know how it works out.

#23 Soliver1

Soliver1

Deranged

• Expired Member
  • 631 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 10:28 PM

I'm not sure if this was fermented or not, but it certainly tastes sour enough...

:)

soliver

#24 fungalsporesolution

fungalsporesolution

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 367 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 11:10 PM

all kanna that is sold is fermented... its the process of fermentation that causes the chemical change neccesary to make kanna kanna. mesembrine, i beleive is the chem. a mild deleriant/sedative. yea an odd combo of traits but i find just a lil sprinkled evenly through a spliff adds a nice flavor and "tint" to the buzz

#25 fungalsporesolution

fungalsporesolution

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 367 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 11:13 PM

oh and i dont know what snarf means butdont go sniffing kratom

if anything make a strong tea

do you have resin or leaf?

#26 beardedlady

beardedlady

Documented Deemster

• Expired Member
  • 704 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 11:45 PM

oh and i dont know what snarf means butdont go sniffing kratom

if anything make a strong tea

do you have resin or leaf?

I don't know what snarf means either

but I sniffed some kratom.

Nothing bad happened, except I had my nasal cavity full of powdered material that didn't do shit.

#27 spyker

spyker

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 300 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 02:12 AM

Snarfing sceletium haha, hippie snarf round here.. Grind it fine and it kicks haha.. Just disgusting to have a nose full of brown plant powder!

#28 robman1

robman1

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 06:52 AM

doesn't snarf mean eat quickly and plentifully?

I've made teas out of resin. I was never sure on the dosage, but effects were always slightly present. Still not sure on the correct dosage. I had stomach problems when i took a piece about the size of a nickel.

#29 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,767 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 August 2006 - 08:06 AM

I think the word is skarf/scarf.

doesn't snarf mean eat quickly and plentifully?

#30 Soliver1

Soliver1

Deranged

• Expired Member
  • 631 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:03 AM

By snarf, I do mean eat quickly and plentifully. Not sure it's a real word, but it conveys, for me, the best way to consume kratom (toss and wash) :)

That sceletium kept me up until 2am... not sure about that stuff yet, have to try it again in better circumstances sometime.

soliver

#31 spyker

spyker

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 300 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 04:41 PM

snarf means " up yer nose " in my country...

Like as in lets snarf a line...

#32 robman1

robman1

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 05:13 PM

I think the word is skarf/scarf.

yup i was definitely thinking of scarf/skarf however you spell it

snarf is pretty close though!

#33 Fungusaurus

Fungusaurus

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 316 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 07:12 PM

i smoked some kanna extract once, cosey enough, but nothing like sweet ol mj....but the plant is so easy and no craving to grow, succulent, juz needs a bit of water and a sunny window, nice to have around...

#34 spacecake

spacecake

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 4,563 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 August 2006 - 03:57 PM

I'm getting some powder this weekend ,let you now when I have tried it !

Here is a nice link
http://www.thekannas...mpathogenic.htm

#35 furiousgeorge420

furiousgeorge420

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 05:57 PM

snarf means " up yer nose " in my country...

Like as in lets snarf a line...

yal rock...we snarf burgers

#36 swine

swine

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 124 posts

Donator

Posted 17 August 2006 - 12:29 AM

I have mixed feelings about sceletium. I have both smoked and insufflated it. Honestly, the high makes me feel dirty. But, it still intrigues me. The time i insufflated it i was -very- intoxicated. I found it to seem to be both sedating and exciting, like marijuana can be. It has given me a bit of anxiety every time. I will definitety be trying it again in the future, tho. Oh, and the effects dont seem to last longer than a few hrs

#37 spacecake

spacecake

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 4,563 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 August 2006 - 12:12 PM

Well I have got 15 grams of powdered kanna this day,and around 11:00 I have tried 500 miligrams of it..!

I felt a 'weird' feeling after on hour or so that lasted aboud 1 1/2 hour.
Can not explain the feeling..,got a little drowsy/sedated,..didn't feel more 'awake' than normal !

So after six hours I took another dose.. 1.3 grams ...got the same feeling ,only lasted very short 30 minutes,I think that maybe I already had build up a big tollerance !
I will try it next week or so,but then 1.5 grams.

So,I'm not helpfull with this report..,that's why I will dose a couple of more times this month,to find the good dose !

#38 spyker

spyker

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 300 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 12:40 AM

How did U dose it? 500mg definately gets me going haha, thats quite a bit..Try tear off a teabag and put in the kanna (kougoed- chewingstuff), fold it up in a corner and chew like a wad of tobacco. For like 10, 20, 30 whatever mins.. Your saliva needs to release the mesembrine, chew the cud haha for a while, forget about it there and let it absorb through your gums.. It sometimes feels like you've drunk too much coffee, but with the opposite effect to the anxiety. I found anxiety dissolved away, but was still a little anxious cause I was a bit wired, if that makes sense.

"file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/dude/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/dude/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/dude/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-5.jpgSceletium has significant mood-elevating and anxiolytic (anti-anxiety) properties. In doses as low as 50 mg users report improvements in mood, decreased anxiety, relaxation and a sense of well-being. At higher dosages near 100 mg, kanna acts as a calming euphoriant and empathogen. Users report increased personal insight, interpersonal ease and a meditative, grounded feeling without any perceptual dulling. In fact some note enhanced tactile and sexual response. Some reports also note significant potentiation of alcohol and cannabis. High doses produce distinct inebriation and stimulation often followed by sedation"

That off tryptamind.com... 500mg is a high dose bro, its not that active through the stomach though, chew for a long time and spit out..? I find it a very nice add with a pinch to the top of a bowl of herb. It just lifts you that little bit..definately complements the erb..
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/dude/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/dude/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/dude/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg

#39 spacecake

spacecake

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 4,563 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 August 2006 - 02:03 AM

So I did the wrong thing I gues,..took them with capsules !

Next time I will try your shewing methode !

#40 Dave_the_stoner

Dave_the_stoner

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 436 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 09:46 PM

At Bouncing bear botanicals they offer extract and pharmeceutical
grade powder. The pharmeceutical grade powder seems like it would be a good deal. Now my question is, is it smokable? or is it something you would eat? Lifes been a bitch since I moved to this god damn town full of yuppies, and I cant find weed.
Also Has anybody tryed the sacred lotus (Nelumbo nucifera) BBB makes it sound like it's pretty cool, but I cant find any info on it's effects other than what they have on the website.
Alcohol and chain smoking just dosent replace the plant that I love, I'm such a god damn loadie!
:smokin:

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!