• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sleestak

sleestak

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 09:51 AM

I thought that I had founf a few jewels at Home Depot, they looked just like my pedros except that they were a little more blue that they Pedros in my yard but I just figured that mine needed some lime. That was about 7 months ago, they have grown at about the same rate as the Pedros but last week I noticed that one had a spine coming out of the top that was about 1.5" long. Do Pedros get long spines?

#2 Guest_polly_*

Guest_polly_*

Posted 07 November 2003 - 02:19 PM

no pedro's have small spines. i think there is an identification guide on lycaeum.org.
there is one cactus i believe it is a macrogramus that i confuse with pedro, perhaps you have done the same.

xoxo
polly

#3 Guest_pbeester_*

Guest_pbeester_*

Posted 08 November 2003 - 05:29 AM

Actually, the identification of trichos is a very difficult task and the length of spines is only one characteristic that does not necessarily make it not a pedro. It could be a peruvianus, which are known to be more blue and are also active. It could also be a bridgesii. I'd check out www.troutsnotes.com . There you can find an email address for some tricho experts and if you send them a link to a pic then they may be able to help, but also part of determining it's species/strain is how it flowers, so you may have to wait to get a true identification. In other words, you probably have some sort of trich, but it may not be pedro(still can be active).
PB

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!