Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

First Grow Log LOOK Invitro PF jars B+/HB/Equador/Hawaiian/Mex Albino!!!

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 grimes390

grimes390

Pain is just a Sensation

• Expired Member
  • 548 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 01:37 AM

Yo, Just got my jars from hip(THX BUD!!!they were perfect and go there in 8 days!!!) and my syrenges...got em both on same day!!freaking sweet. I got 10cc of B+, Hill Billy, Equador, Hawaiian, and Mex Albino!!! cant wait to see albino:amazed:. Anyways I innoculated 3 Hillbilly, 3 Equador, 2 hawaiian, 2 B+, and 2 Mex Albino. I got quite a bit spores left...cant store em in the fridge so gonna make some substrate tomorow in quart jars. Gonna make up two. I plan on fruiting one invitro and the other im going to break it up when its 100% colonized and make up a bunch of bulk substrate and turn a 21 gallon rubbermaid into a big ass terrainum:headbang:. Im not sure which strains I should use. Any ideas? Id like your advice!!!! which would you like to see invitro and which would you like to see in the terranium? Also Im pretty sure I read you had to keep unused spores in the fridge? CAN I keep them at room temp? 75ish? how long will they keep? If not I will make some more lids tomorow with clear silicone dont wanna waste any spores!!!. For the terranium I plan on making up a large ammount of bulk substrate and using alot of perlite to keep humidity up. I forgot do you put perlite on bottom or on top of substrate? Is it Perlite/substrate/perlite? or is it Perlite/substrate/vermiculte? Thx for ur help and thx for peeping my log!!! Plz gimme answer asap on spores cuz I dont wanna waste any if they wont keep in room temp.:horse:
I dont know if anyone remembers but like a week ago I got bored and made some crazy substrate but I didnt have vermiculteto put on top for contamn barrier. Anyways I didnt see any mold or anything but imma redo it cuz I got verm and silicone for lids now. The point however is the substrate was REAL MOIST I mean you could see ALOT of moisture in there. Isnt this good? Alot of moisture is what you want in a jar substrate right? Shrooms love moisture? Im going to remake it tomorow and resteam it(dont got pressure cooker) Plz let me know if you dont want alot of moisture in your sub...its not water or nething just alot of moisture.

Also if your like the ganja check my cfl micro grow!!
Pic of my jars..IM SO EXCITED!!!!:cacti:

Attached Thumbnails

• seedlings 013.jpg

#2 limeade

limeade

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 02:49 AM

GOOD luck~!

i love how dense mushrooms are when they are fruited invitro in a jar.

I will have to say, you don't want an overly moist substrate, wet rot will set in, which is usually yeast, trichoderma will set in quickly also...

I can't say much about hawaiians they upset me with bad potency, but that was just my syringe i guess.

Hillbilly's i've never done. Would like to try them.

all your other strains are cool!

i like albinos too.

#3 RITTER

RITTER

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 219 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:59 AM

You should try making up a batch or a few batches of LC then you'l have good Innoculant to work with all the time! When I make them & they colonize most of the jar I stick them in the fridge they keep for quite a while!
Yeah! cant wait to see those albinos keep us all posted!!

#4 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 August 2008 - 01:40 PM

First, take the tape off the holes on your jars. They need a tiny amount of fresh air to finish.

Second - chill! You be too anxious, man! Smoke a bowl and say a prayer for your jars. Patience is a huge virtue in this hobby.

A spore syringe will be fine at room temperature (75F-85F) for at least 2 or 3 months (probably much longer). Keep 'em in the dark and in a plastic bag to stave off dust.

A 21 gallon terrarium with bulk sub across the entire bottom would be fantastic - but it takes a lot of bulk sub and a lot of spawn. You are more likely to fall and screw up your knees if you try to run before you can walk.

If you do a big bulk sub, you don't want the perl to touch the substrate at all. The substrate would be in a container of some sort (turkey pan, cat litter tray), sitting on the perlite or raised above the perl on a rack of some sort.

If the substrate covers the whole bottom of the tub, you don't need (or use) perlite. Moisture from the sub keeps the environment right (sometimes with misting of the tub walls).

A substrate should never be REAL MOIST. If you grab a fistful of it and squeeze real hard, less than 5 drops of water should come out (3 is preferable). That is called field capacity and that is the level of moisture you want in substrates and casing layers.

But be cool on the syringes - they will keep for at least three months.

#5 grimes390

grimes390

Pain is just a Sensation

• Expired Member
  • 548 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:21 PM

Thx yall. Im happy I dont gotta worry bout my syrenges going bad now! And thx for telling me bout the terranium. Im not to worried bout failing..it wont get me upset...it dosnt seem hard and if I jus do what yall tell me to do I will be fine. I have some big aluminum baking pans I can put the bulk substrate in if I need to. I want to put a couple inches of vermiculite on bottom and top of the substrate lvl correct? The aluminum pan is about 3-4 inches deep and about 2 1/2-3 ft long it fits pretty good in the tub. Unless Yall think otherwise I will prolly just put it straight on the bottom. I will drill some holes in the lid...bout 1 every 3 inches for FAE. Would 1 full colonized quart jar be enough spawn to colonize all this bulk substrate? I can knock 2 up if I need to...but only got 1 xtra widemouth lid so the second id prolly hae to break the jar to get it out lol. I plan on using coir/vermiculite fo rmy substrate. Vermiculte is very cheap at walmart like 3$ a bag...not sure on coir. Thx for telling me that you dont want substrate to moist..I thought otherwise. Im not as anxious as you might think lol Im just excited. I havnt even checked em today and probably wont cuz They wont even colonize till after a week. Ive just been wanting to do this for lil over a year and finally am in the position to do so. I also can make a terranium out of that rubbermaid. The temps where I got my 1/2 pints incubating is a steady 80-85*

I think I wanna put the Mex Albino in the terranium since its the coolest looking strain. Thx guys for the input and keep it coming!!!:bow: I wont learn unless u tell me whats up.:horse:

#6 grimes390

grimes390

Pain is just a Sensation

• Expired Member
  • 548 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:22 PM

About the tape...I just knocked em up yesterday should I take the tape off now? or wait till they are colonized? I thought I wanted it on to help protect against contams?

Thx

#7 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:26 PM

no- off now, need air.
just like he already told you above.

#8 grimes390

grimes390

Pain is just a Sensation

• Expired Member
  • 548 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 01:09 AM

no- off now, need air.
just like he already told you above.

Thx hip, I was clarifying that he wanted me to take it off now not after they were colonized.

#9 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 08:36 AM

First, take the tape off the holes on your jars. They need a tiny amount of fresh air to finish.

#10 Shroomette

Shroomette

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:06 AM

Grimes you want atleast an inch of vermculite on top of your substrate. Good luck! just try not to get too anxious.

#11 grimes390

grimes390

Pain is just a Sensation

• Expired Member
  • 548 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 12:30 AM

There doing good!! they all have myc growth at all injection sites and none have green or irregular fungal growth!!!:headbang: "knocks on wood" Just took group pic didnt feel like taking individual. You can see white myc if u look.

pic is them ontop of my MJ rubbermaid grow box...perfect incubator:rasta:

Attached Thumbnails

• seedlings 021.jpg

#12 grimes390

grimes390

Pain is just a Sensation

• Expired Member
  • 548 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 12:26 AM

Hey, quick question. I have a few jars with a dark gray fuzzy stuff growing in it. Its not on injection sites...random places on both. The myc seem to be trying to take over it...lil myc strains going over it. Is this a contamn? Its not in HUGE patches...except 1 jar where I forgot to innoc a hole:mistrust:. Other then that 1 its in 2 diff jars and lil dime size patches.

Thx,
Pce

#13 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 August 2008 - 12:28 AM

Anything growing in your jars besides mycelium is a contam.

Mycelium isn't gray.

#14 grimes390

grimes390

Pain is just a Sensation

• Expired Member
  • 548 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 12:30 AM

Should I toss em? The myc seem to be trying to take it over. Ill toss the one that i forogt to innoc a hole cuz theres a huge patch there.

Pce

#15 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 August 2008 - 12:34 AM

Since the contam is showing up all over, you probably had a problem with the sterilization run. If so, the contams are growing all throughout the cake.

Chances are good it should be tossed.

#16 grimes390

grimes390

Pain is just a Sensation

• Expired Member
  • 548 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 01:22 AM

Thats what I was thinking but there hips 1/2 pints and I know hes as sterile as you can be. I tossed a cake early on...bout 2 days after innoc cuz same thing popped up real bad. O well...guess 8/12 isnt to bad...I just looked and oddly....on the cake where I forgot to innoc a hole and that spot has this same contamn...on the opposite side of jar where its 100% myc there is a pinhead....now I COULD be wrong but im 99% sure its a pin head;;. Ionno how cuz the bottom of jars are not colonized yet. I put it in one of my dresser drawers to see what happens. As for the others I will crack one open and see if its growing throughout and I will post findings along with pics in a lil bit.

Also I will be making my first LC tonight!!

Pce

#17 Looky

Looky

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,873 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 01:31 AM

You said it's gray, that could be just cobweb. Hopefully it's cobweb, that is easily fixed with a couple sprays of H2o2. Isolate the jar(s) that don't look right, and when they finish if it is just cobweb, the mycelium might overpower it or you may just need to spray with H2o2 after birthing. Even though you are doing invitro, once they are fully colonized (don't open the jars until 100% fully colonized), shake them out of the jars just to loosen them up a bit. If they have the cobweb look, you know what to do. Click on cobweb and see if that is what it looks like you have.

#18 grimes390

grimes390

Pain is just a Sensation

• Expired Member
  • 548 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 02:55 AM

Im pretty sure its cobwebb now that ive seen what it looks like. Except for the one where I forgot to innoc a hole and that whole 1/4 section is overtaken by a brown fuzzy shit...like cobwebb kinda but its brown. Ive got that one isolated...it has a pin on the opposite side of jar with 100% myc though so imma let it gorw and see what happens. Also are invitro shrooms more potent then regular shrooms? I think i read somewhere when i first started looking on instructions that invitro fruits are more potent and dense. Is this true? I dont have a scale so I will just have to eyeball it. Any ideas on dosage? 1 fruit=1 gram?

Thx,
Pce

#19 Mycorama

Mycorama

Fungitarian

• Expired Member
  • 640 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 03:22 AM

I think i read somewhere when i first started looking on instructions that invitro fruits are more potent and dense. Is this true? I dont have a scale so I will just have to eyeball it. Any ideas on dosage? 1 fruit=1 gram?

not too sure on the whole invitro potency thing, but only one way to find out. :thumbup:
two or three good sized mushrooms should weigh the equivalent of an 8th dry, maybe more if your fruits are dense and meaty.
If your shooting for a gram of fresh mush, i would suggest eating the largest shroom you can find which still fits in the palm of your hand, should be approx. a gram, more couldnt hurt ;)

#20 grimes390

grimes390

Pain is just a Sensation

• Expired Member
  • 548 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 03:52 AM

thx bud!!!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!