• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 gsmith1981

gsmith1981

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:15 PM

ok so this is the thing. i see some stuff here on invitro but not much really. the only reason i think i really like the idea of this is:

• you not not counting your chickens so to speak. meaning if one bag goes bad it's just one bag not a whole tub.
  • its great for people who doesn't want a million and one tubs sitting around the house and is easier to hide 30 bags instead of 10 or so tubs.
of course you can put tubs in the closet just like bags but i think i feel more comfortable doing bags. i do plan on doing a tub grow and a bag grow and see if for sure thats just it or if it's the fact i dont want to loose a whole tub compared to a bag. ok now i got that established.

i think it would be good for bag growers to post their recipe that they've tried or even how they prefer to do there bags. i know we got crazy1 and limeade that likes bags maybe they can add info to this thread that will help new bag growers such as my self with how to go about doing coir/verm bags, coir/verm/casting, hpoo/straw, hpoo/verm, hpoo/casting/straw/verm/coir/etc.

im sure you guys get the point. im gonna be regularly posting in here giving my experinces with the subjust cause as we all know i just failed pe. so im looking to improve what might be the problem.

all info welcome, and thank for the one who do give input on this matter.

#2 inkawgnyto

inkawgnyto

HippieHugger

• Expired Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:42 PM

I just nocc'ed up some BRF half pints with all intentions of having them go invitro.

I've seen some pretty neat invitro bags floating around, and have been watching the sand experiment closely.

Consider sand + supercake + BRF with your invitro mix, and just leaving the spawnbags alone.

#3 M&M420

M&M420

Eternity Intern

• Validating
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:48 PM

I knocked up some of Hippie's bags and am currently awiting fruits.One bag was nocc'ed up with 6 cc of b+ and was 100 % around the 7th to 8th day.It's day 10 and am seeing lots of knots:headbang:.I duct tape my bags to coat hangers and then throw a shirt over them like a normal shirt in the closet.This helps disguise it and helps block light

#4 limeade

limeade

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:33 PM

tis a rh n fae thing. some strains a wee bit more sensitive i believe.. sometimes u get a bad phenotype ... just that thing u live n learn :rasta:
i still tryin too:bow:

I can agree with this, there are some strains that would probably benefit better being in a tub.

i haven't had a monotub grow in some time because of the space, time, care, and attention they require, bags i can focus on more important things.

i would consider bags a huge success because they are little microclimates, they totally take care of theirselves, tubs u have to mist/fan etc..
i started noticing monotubs benefited more from care then neglecting it, they work with neglect, but they do better with care,

bags just work with neglect,
getting a proper filter patch bags is vital.

there are different types

3a is more for colonizing
3b is multipurpose
3c is fruiting only.

3b unicorn filterpatch bags are top notch.

coir substrates do work, but aren't up to par with using manure/straw based substrates or compost.

I haven't tried any of hippies mixes, maybe i will when i can find some time,
I am pretty lazy i order my substrates.

but that's the beauty of it, it works for all of us.

I am sure I can try to do my best to answer any questions,

oh, and use paperclips to close up your bags, after rolling it over a few times, tape gets tiresome, impulse sealing becomes bothersome, and unnecessary, lable and date your bags, mark the flushes.

k, off to update my penis envy log. It's invitro bag with compost.

#5 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:16 AM

I'll get an invitro grow going today for ya.

I'll be using compost for this grow.
As I have a lot that I made. hehe

Now the strain will be PESH that I have in an lc right now.

Here I don't really hang em up in a closet or anything like that, they'll just sit on a shelf and grow from there.
It will be done in a filter patch bag noc'd up with the lc.

pics to be added tomorrow am.

Great thread Live :headbang:

#6 gsmith1981

gsmith1981

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:35 AM

so how can you tell the difference in what your working with?

there are different types

3a is more for colonizing
3b is multipurpose
3c is fruiting only.

3b unicorn filterpatch bags are top notch.

say from the the ones at sporeworks
Large Presealable Autoclavable Gusseted Bulk Spawn Bags w/ Self-Healing Injector Site #16250
Set of ten bags per offer (select larger sets below for bulk discount). Features microporous filter patch for contaminant free gaseous air exchange and self-healing injector site for syringe inoculation without taping! Ideal for spawning grain, sawdust, or straw. In many cases the bag can be used as the fruiting container. New model filter design allows bags to be presealed before sterilization. Measuring 18" high * 8" wide * 5" deep.

Large Presealable Autoclavable Gusseted Bulk Spawn Bags #16248
Set of 25 bags per offer (select larger sets below for bulk discount). Microporous filter patch allows contaminant free gaseous air exchange. Ideal for spawning grain, sawdust, or straw. In many cases the bag can be used as a fruiting container. New model filter design allows bags to be presealed before sterilization. Measures: 18" high * 8" wide * 5" deep.

because none of these say anything about what type of filters?
infact none of the sponsors here or at a few other place offer nothing but spawn bags.

#7 sandman

sandman

That Motherfucker

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,094 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:03 AM

The pre-sealable bags have type B filter.

#8 gsmith1981

gsmith1981

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:15 AM

i just email sporeworks asking about this.

so then all of sporeworks bags are b filter cause they all have presealable written on them?

#9 sandman

sandman

That Motherfucker

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,094 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:30 AM

yup

#10 gsmith1981

gsmith1981

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:40 AM

sandman is correct sporeworks just confirmed it.

#11 limeade

limeade

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 12:07 PM

sandman is correct sporeworks just confirmed it.

nice!

i've always assumed the ones with injector ports were for colonizing only.
But i make sure mine are 3b, if you "search forum" for invitro, you'll see numerous threads by me, "Invitro (strain here) on (substrate here).

#12 gsmith1981

gsmith1981

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 01:22 PM

what do you gouys think about adding blood meal to a 50/50 coir/verm bag? Or do you think blood meal should stay in the compost pile?

and whats ya'll thoughts on spent coffee grounds?

#13 limeade

limeade

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:48 PM

I do add spent coffee grounds, it ups the (N),
I believe IF you choose bloodmeal, (i don't)
that you should use it very sparingly. it's very hot.

#14 limeade

limeade

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:49 PM

Live, if you need some more PE spore i can get it to you bro. I have a few coming up that look RATHER printable, very dark underneath. I'd like to see your penis in a bag, I updated my invitro penis on compost, i think you'll like the genetic stock.

#15 Phx

Phx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 457 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 01:32 AM

I knocked up some of Hippie's bags and am currently awiting fruits.One bag was nocc'ed up with 6 cc of b+ and was 100 % around the 7th to 8th day.It's day 10 and am seeing lots of knots:headbang:.I duct tape my bags to coat hangers and then throw a shirt over them like a normal shirt in the closet.This helps disguise it and helps block light

Holy crap thats one hell of a super cake formula. My FOAF nocc'ed his cakes on the 12 and now that I looked at them better I would say their only 8% done(just BRF ,verm and 1/3 cup of water per 1/2 pint jar). I am starting to think maybe he should look into that formula. I guess thats a prime example why its called a super cake...:bow:

#16 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:42 AM

hahaha that's why it's called a supercake!

I'll post the pics of the 4 bags I have going here in an hour or two.
Gotta find the freakin camera lol

#17 limeade

limeade

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:16 AM

this thread isn't really about supercakes though, it's about invitro bags.

#18 gsmith1981

gsmith1981

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:54 AM

yeah id love to get a print.

so when adding sent coffee how much do i add?

ya i never got to finish then bags out ended up moving cause of other things going on, but my 30 tc clone jars been ready to roll. plan is casting/coir/verm 2c of carb

i want to try out the coffee this time. if anyone knows the correct dosage i need to do.

lime- mail coming your way:thumbup: sorry it took so long

#19 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 09:02 AM

well here are 2 of the 4 compost invitro bags of compost spawned with 60ml of pesh LC.

http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1219416386

no colonization yet, but I'll keep this updated

Attached Thumbnails

• 1invitro.jpg

#20 gsmith1981

gsmith1981

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 09:31 AM

:eusa_clap cant wait to see em thanks for sharing :bow:

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!