Photo
- - - - -

invitro bags: need some guidance

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_big2us_*

Guest_big2us_*

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:15 PM

I use popcorn and grow invetro. I take a pressure cooker fill it up 1/3 of the way with popcorn and then the rest of the way with water an inch or two from the top of the pressure cooker. I then pressure cook it at 15 psi for 30 minutes it takes a while to get going because of all the water and popcorn. I then take it and strain it and rinse if off real good because of the starches. I then put it out on a tarp and put fans on it until it feels pretty dry to the touch . I then take my jars put a 1/4" to 1' of verm on the bottom then fill the rest of the way way with popcorn about 2/3 full so you can shake it later if you wanted and pressure cook at 15 psi for an hour. The reason I put verm on the bottom is to soak up excess moisture. This has never failed me lots of years doing this the only problem I ever have is once and a while I get wet spot bacteria only because the popcorn was a little to wet. 90-95 success rate though lately. I then pasturize straw, cow poo, and verm. I use the filter patch bags. I do some staight straw or poo and verm, or all three together. I take popcorn and straw,verm or whatever and layer it a couple of inches and push all down hard and seal the bag when colonized cut bag open put polyfill in the top part of bag and put a fan on them 24-7. I used to do tubs but if the tub goes bad the whole thing gets tossed here if one bag goes bad it's less loss then a tub . I think it's more efficient going invetro. For the area you are using you get more bang for your buck.:rasta:

#42 gsmith1981

gsmith1981

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 08:46 PM

:eusa_clap

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!