• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 lucysd

lucysd

untrustworthy

• Expired Member
  • 969 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 11:36 PM

PRs can be bitchy to get going, but they tend to be very nice to you once they start fruiting.

When choosing an isolate, I always go for the biggest, most solid stem (generally from the first flush). Simply because those are easiest to clone...

so by choosing the biggest one , how would the casing started with an isolate from that shroom differ from a casing made with a spore print off the same shroom

yeild wise, as well as an overall consistency in the size of the shrooms per individual flush

maybe i should do that , start making my first isolate, and my first spore print make em from the same shroom and compare,

wow i hope my laziness dont get the best of me

again

#22 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 September 2008 - 08:41 PM

I just pick the biggest one because they are the easiest to clone.

Growing from clones will generally produce more predictable results and better harvests, over a series of grows. You learn what substrate/timing the strain likes.

"True" isolation work involves fruiting out multiple strains (from spores) to find the one that performs best in your environment, on your choice of substrate.

Growing from clones will improve yield and performance. Growing from an isolate will improve things a little more.

Starting from multi-spore means that the fastest strain will tend to colonize and take over. Fastest does not automatically mean best fruiting or most potent, how ever. Penis Envy colonizes and fruits rather slowly, but is quite potent.

#23 Seee

Seee

Ghost

• Free Member
  • 565 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:54 PM

hell yeah lucy, you done good.. you done real good

#24 Ras Asad

Ras Asad

Amor vincit omnia

• Expired Member
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 11:53 PM

yea, definitely!!

#25 lucysd

lucysd

untrustworthy

• Expired Member
  • 969 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:09 PM

i thought the potency for cubensis was pretty consistent all around, i guess thats not the case

i guess the psilocin/psilocybin content fluctuates from substrain to substrain even ,huh?

#26 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:01 PM

Potency varies a little, from strain to strain and grow to grow. Generally, it is pretty consistent, but you *can* end up with a particularly good (or particularly bad) batch from multi-spore inoculation.

That is why people do cloning and strain isolation - trying to get the most bang for the buck, really.

Penis Envy are particularly potent, however, when compared to other cubensis. BUT, Penis Envy are harder to grow and tend to yield less than other substrains, so it tends to even out.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!