• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 jmtx

jmtx

horticulturist

• Expired Member
  • 518 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:10 PM

if my friend wants to make some chocolate with some magik in them should this person dry em or place them in wet, will be eatin once they cool i think.

#2 Fresh Brewed

Fresh Brewed

Seeker

• OG VIP
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:19 PM

Never made them myself, but I'm thinking the answer has to be dry.

#3 sevenveils

sevenveils

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:33 PM

Definitely dry.

Grind in a coffee grinder and add to melted chocolate, then pour into whatever you are using for a mold.

#4 cutty

cutty

Gone Fishin'

• Expired Member
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:36 PM

dry for sure

#5 jmtx

jmtx

horticulturist

• Expired Member
  • 518 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:41 PM

i thought they where most potent wet???

#6 limeade

limeade

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:01 PM

while they are most potent wet, the water content will throw the chocolate off, mushroom chocolates must be made with dry , ground up powder mushroom.

Here is my recipe.

2 packages of Hershey's semi sweet "microwavable' chips.
1 oz of dry mushrooms ground to powder.
5 grams of peyote (lophophora williamsii) pulverized to chicklet sized peices (dried o course)
7grams of well manicured hydroponically grown marijuana, I tend to choose indica's for this.

prepare all ingredients before melting chocolate.

so:

grind mushroom
pulverize cactus
grind cannabis

melt chocolate

quickly add in mushroom powder first, if it appears thick, put a teaspoon of milk in and stir quickly. Add your cannabis, add milk if necessary, add cactus, then put into candy molds, in my mold, each candy holds 3oz of chocolate mix, each chocolate ends up containing 3.5 grams of mushroom, 350mg of mescaline, and .5grams of marijuana.

I call these "nirvana bars"

they work well!

my drying cacti!

Posted Image

#7 jmtx

jmtx

horticulturist

• Expired Member
  • 518 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:12 PM

i though cannabis had to be cooked to get thc active?

#8 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,890 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:30 PM

I believe your are correct.

#9 gsmith1981

gsmith1981

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:53 PM

lime you can send my chocolate any time

#10 M&M420

M&M420

Eternity Intern

• Validating
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:57 PM

lime you can send my chocolate any time

No doubt.Thats a damn good recipe

#11 Phidell

Phidell

chemist

• Expired Member
  • 172 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 02:02 PM

I don't think cannabis has to be cooked to make THC 'active', you need to cook it with fat to get the cannabinoids to absorb into the fat allowing them to be taken up in the digestive system. Something like that...

#12 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 August 2008 - 03:45 PM

THC must be heated for maximum effect. The process it goes through is called decarboxylization. Heating decarboxylizes the THC (usually, the heat comes from the act of smoking).

A small amount will be decarboxilated during growth, so even fresh weed is slightly active without adding heat.

THC is just barely soluble in water, which means that eating it straight will result in very little getting into your blood stream.

THC is highly oil soluble, however. So, to get maximum bang for the buck, you heat the THC in an edible oil (usually butter, but olive and vegetable work fine) and then you consume the oil.

#13 jmtx

jmtx

horticulturist

• Expired Member
  • 518 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 03:59 PM

thanks, yea i was pretty sure u had to heat up cannabis, so ill just make some cannabutter and throw it in the candy!!!:puke:

#14 malefacter

malefacter

:P

• Expired Member
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:23 PM

chocolate and water will go moldy fast thats why you want it dry.

#15 relic

relic

MycoGeek

• Expired Member
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:18 PM

Ah yes the green butter. Soo good to bake with :)

#16 JACKOLANTERN

JACKOLANTERN

puking unicorn

• Free Member
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 04:50 PM

Chocolate will break with water.

#17 CallMeCrazy

CallMeCrazy

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 124 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:38 PM

Yes THC doesn't actually get you  high until it's heated. Because THCA is what actually gets you high. There is very little THCA naturally in plants. That is why we smoke because the heat takes the regular THC and transforms it into THCA  through decarboxilation. There is an excellent youtube video on how to extract THCA from cannabis with a rosin press. This is also called crystaline A more commonly. Keep in mind your yield from cannabis plant material to what most people call dabs is like around 20-30% with a good press, to go from dabs to THCA is like another 20-30% yeild so from 7 grams or 1 quarter you can expect a gram or less of THCA, that being said that THCA will knock your socks off. If I can find the link to the video I will post it, but you can search and find it too. Hope this was helpful. I think THCA might be a good addition to any edibles keep in mind by doing this process you are removing all the cbd tarpins and everything "medical" about it this is purely a get you high kind of tek. Happy smoking and good eats.

Edited by CallMeCrazy, 11 July 2019 - 07:40 PM.

#18 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 11,592 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:44 PM

I'm going to come back to this thread in ten years and add a few more relevant points, lol.

• PJammer24 and Boebs like this

#19 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,639 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 July 2019 - 11:04 AM

Yes THC doesn't actually get you  high until it's heated. Because THCA is what actually gets you high. There is very little THCA naturally in plants. That is why we smoke because the heat takes the regular THC and transforms it into THCA  through decarboxilation. There is an excellent youtube video on how to extract THCA from cannabis with a rosin press. This is also called crystaline A more commonly. Keep in mind your yield from cannabis plant material to what most people call dabs is like around 20-30% with a good press, to go from dabs to THCA is like another 20-30% yeild so from 7 grams or 1 quarter you can expect a gram or less of THCA, that being said that THCA will knock your socks off. If I can find the link to the video I will post it, but you can search and find it too. Hope this was helpful. I think THCA might be a good addition to any edibles keep in mind by doing this process you are removing all the cbd tarpins and everything "medical" about it this is purely a get you high kind of tek. Happy smoking and good eats.

I couldn't help but comment on this... THCA will not get you high when eaten, the above statement has it backwards.. When you decarb, you are dropping a carbon atom... When the atom has been dropped it converts from THCA, which must be smoked to get you high, to THC which can get you high when eaten...

This is my relevant addition to this age old thread...

• TVCasualty and Smi7lo like this

#20 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 11,592 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 July 2019 - 02:06 PM

FWIW, If anyone is interested in truly maximizing the potency of their stash of THC, they can turn it into THC-O-acetate, which is ~3X more potent than Δ9-THC.

Of course this requires using glacial acetic acid in a nitrogen atmosphere so you don't blow your house up or poison yourself, but "no risk, no reward," right?

• bezevo likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!